Chapter 240 – Above the Cloud 15
1.3k 7 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“First of all, please sit down. How can I let my friend, who entered the Military at the same time as me, stand in front of me.” The General motioned Tetsuma to sit on the couch on the right as he stood up. He made his way to the couch opposite Tetsuma and sat on it.

Tetsuma had gotten used to the General’s behavior because, as the General said, they were friends who entered the Military in the same year. They were even roommates when they were still trainees.

The difference between them was that Tetsuma didn’t focus on his Military career after he had Naomi, so he was stuck as a Major, while his friend, who pursued a Military career, managed to gain success and became a General, a position only below Marshal and acted as Ingrid’s replacement in case she was busy.

They still had a good relationship even though they had different Ranks, as proven by the General’s friendly tone.

“You really never changed, Nicolas. It seems Eveline grew up similar to you, huh? Pursuing a Military career instead of working at a safer place.” Tetsuma stated as he sat across from the General, Nicolas.

Nicolas had a troubled expression as he answered. “Indeed. I wonder who she takes it for? When I asked her why she wanted to become my secretary, do you know what her answer was?”

“What is it?”

“Hear me, ‘Isn’t becoming your secretary the fastest way to climb up in Ranks in the Military, father?’ She said that while looking at me as if I was stupid! What kind of daughter is that? Hey, Tetsuma, tell me about it!”

Nicolas’ serious air as the General of the German’s Military that was present when Tetsuma entered the room earlier was gone without a trace, leaving only a troubled father who complained about his daughter's behavior.

Hearing his friend’s complaint, Tetsuma had an understanding expression.

“It must be hard, huh? I know what you feel.”

“Hah? You don’t know what I feel at all!” Nicolas scoffed, “You don’t know how it feels when your daughter looking at you as if you are stupid! It hurts my little heart, you know?”

“Don’t say that, Nicolas,” Tetsuma replied while looking at the ceiling. “I know what it feels like, really. I have been subjected to such a look since my daughter was 14 years old… I wonder who she resembled…” He had a blank expression, reminiscing about the time when Naomi looked at him in disbelief, imitating Mizuki.

“Also…” He looked at Nicolas seriously, “Do you know how it feels when your daughter suddenly becomes your superior in a day without her needing to do anything at all?”

“Oh…” Nicolas let out a low sound as he nodded. “My bad. I kind of forgot about that.” He smiled wryly.

“Really? I heard you even kicked a fuss when the Marshal installed my daughter as a Lieutenant-General.” Tetsuma grinned playfully at Nicolas.

“That’s because I haven't heard her name yet! I only knew that the Marshal suddenly appointed some stranger, a teenager one at that, as a Lieutenant-General from Eveline! If only I knew the one installed as the new Lieutenant-General was your daughter, I would welcome her warmly.” Nicolas raised his voice in protest.

“Then, you will have the chance later.” Tetsuma said, “Actually, I came here because I want to tell you that my daughter, Naomi, will join the meeting later.”

“Are you serious? You know what the meeting is about, no?” Nicolas asked Tetsuma seriously, his expression suddenly changed, and the atmosphere surrounding him immediately changed, as if the doting father earlier was gone out of existence.

His personality switched so fast that it even surprised Tetsuma, who had seen such things often, that he put on a serious face too.

“I know. It’s about war preparation and information about the Esper Association’s move, right?”

“Indeed.”

“Then it’s fine. My daughter is… Naomi is not as childish and naïve as you thought. Not to mention, Avos directly declared War on Naomi, not Germany Military, and she’s a Lieutenant-General. I think she has the right to attend this meeting.”

“Hmm…” Nicolas put his hand on his chin, thinking deeply. “I can’t say anything. You complained when you knew that your daughter had turned into something like a terrorist just a few days ago, but what made you change your mind like this?” He asked.

“It’s actually simple,” Tetsuma answered with a proud smile. “I just realized how much she has grown without me. She can protect herself just fine, and we, as a parent, just need to support our daughter.”

Nicolas appeared to be skeptical. As someone with a daughter, he knew that his friend actually cared deeply for his daughter, and that he even broke down in tears when he found out that his daughter was actually acting as the leader of the Moon of Akasha.

His friend even visited him to have a drink all night at that time before he calmed down and returned to his wife. He swore that he wouldn’t make his daughter fight again. He would stop her, he said.

So he wondered why his friend suddenly changed his mind after just a few days.

Tetsuma looked straight at Nicolas’ eyes and continued, “Of course, that doesn’t mean I fully agree with her joining a war. I know it’s dangerous. That’s why I asked her to try sparring with the trainees that I taught earlier.”

“The new elite squad with 20 Numbers?” Nicolas asked, to which Tetsuma responded with a nod.

“Isn’t that squad composed of 10 A-Ranked, 9 S-Ranked, and 1 SS-Ranked Espers that acted as their leader? You asked your daughter to spar with them? Surely your daughter had a hard time, no?”

“Yes and no.” Tetsuma answered while reminiscing about what had happened earlier. “She defeated them with no problem, without getting hit even once.”

“No fucking way.” Nicolas was surprised that he even swore. “I don’t believe it. Even if your daughter is an SSS-Ranked Esper, she would surely get hit once if faced with those elite Espers. You’re kidding, right?”

Tetsuma didn’t say anything but smile.

“…You’re not… Sigh, now I know why you changed your mind. I never thought your daughter would be that strong.” Nicolas shrugged his shoulders in defeat.

“Me too, actually. I only thought she was an SSS-Ranked Esper. But it seems she’s stronger than that.”

“Alright. If that’s the case, then I won’t interfere. It’s your decision.”

“Thanks. I promise you won’t be disappointed. You will see how her intelligence helps us to figure out something.”

“I am looking forward to that.”

Both smiled at each other, a smile of fathers that were proud of their daughters.



Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

65