Chapter 1
3k 38 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a trial story. I want to try this idea. I want to continue my other story but I'm not confident that I can do it so I'm trying with something familiar first.

Since he was born Naruto was able to feel other people's emotions. It was an uncomfortable and alien feeling, it made him cry when it was too intense for his little mind to handle, but eventually he got somewhat used to it. Though even so it is still an uncomfortable feeling, this is especially true for the younger kids, they are unpredictable, they can be happy, angry or sad in just a second. He can't keep up with the emotions and he would often cry when it gets too uncomfortable, but nobody would help him, except for a select few who still care.


He learned to understand what people were saying and how to speak like they did. He learned a great many things as he grew up. When he was able to walk and was given freedom to wander on his own, he spent most of his time alone, away from others as much as possible. Instead of playing with other kids, he would prefer to look at birds playing in the tree or other interesting things he can find that don't have troublesome emotions. He has a sensitive ear and nose, so he would have trouble with other kids even without feeling their emotions, not necessarily the nose part but definitely hard for his ears. He is a curious child so he would try and eat things that smell nice, some do taste delicious, but some other taste bad. It can't be helped, he is just a child, and nobody would look out for him and teach him what to eat and what not. Luckily for him, he has a strong stomach and body so that he doesn't get sick easily from his gourmet adventure.

As he grows up, he notices that the uncomfortable emotions are steadily increasing. The adults are fearing and hating him, while the children are afraid of him. He doesn't fully understand why, but he knows of one reason, he was different from them. Their bodies do look the same, but he have things that they don't. Eyes, ears, nose, power, he was better than others. But the things that make them hate and fear him probably is the difference that is visible, his red slitted eyes, the black mark around his eyes, the whisker mark in his cheeks, and the claw that he has instead of nails. He overheard the story about the demon fox that attacked this village, and that the visible difference that he has is instead similar to the fox. The fox was said to be killed by the 4th Hokage, he wondered if he was really the demon's child like they said.

The negative emotions got worse by the day and finally it turned into violence when he reached the age of 4. At first it was just a small thing, the food would be gone before he got any, when he walked he would stumble on the adults foot. Then they start to blame him for every mistake he made, from giving him punishment to violence. He usually just stays quiet, but he is just a child, when it gets annoying he shoots back, but mostly just a glare from him and they'll let him go. His pupil would contract and make his eyes look scary when he's angry. But that didn't last long, especially for the adults. They start to hurt him more, hitting, kicking, some that hate him more even attack him with weapons. He runs when he can, but he is just a child so he was easily captured or cornered.

But tonight is different, tonight they gather together and are after him, being in the orphanage doesn't mean anything as the adults would just let the attacker do what they want or even join them. Feeling it would be dangerous if he was captured, he decided to run before they could get him, he ran towards the forest. He could feel there's a person hiding in the shadows and this one is not on his side, so he tried to hide from them too. He tries to see where the person is and thanks to his eyes, he is able to see in the dark and is able to spot the person. While running he keeps glancing back at them and trying to lose them. Finally he reached a river and decided to hide in a bush right below a tree. Right when he is on the blind side of the person, the villagers are quite far away now so they wouldn't find him except this person tell them.

He finds a small hole beneath the tree, when he peeks in he sees two fox cubs sleeping there, lucky he was being quiet or else he would have woken up the cubs and make his hiding places known by their cry. He relaxed his body, he has abnormal stamina, but the fear makes his body tense and exhausts his mind. He wished he were these foxes, living without care in the world, having siblings to warm each other with their warm fur, he wished he was one of them right now so he doesn't have to worry about people wanting to hurt him. Then suddenly, he could feel like a warm fluid spreading all over his body as it started to shrink, weirdly his clothes too started to shrink as it slowly merged with his body. Fur started to grow all over his body, covering it completely, he noticed that he had grown a tail. He has turned into one of the foxes, the one with lighter colored fur.

He gulps as he slowly gets into the small nest. He snuggles between the foxes and feels their warmth. Though he doesn't know what happened, he was grateful as those people won't be able to find him now. Feeling exhausted he soon fell asleep.

Naruto wakes up in an unfamiliar place. He is standing in shallow water that reflects the orange sky. Fog covered his vision so he couldn't see too far away.

"Come here kit"

Suddenly he heard a voice, a deep echoing voice not that of a human. He found himself walking towards the voice, he did feel afraid but his curiosity won over.

After walking for a bit he could feel emotions, surprise, understanding, and love. These emotions were directed at him, and he could feel it change and resonate with his own, he could feel his fear fade and change into a full blown curiosity. The other emotion changes into amusement.

"Whoa!"(Naruto)

Naruto was surprised at the source of the emotions. It was a fox the size of a mountain, it's taller than the hokage mountain. The fox had nine tails and just sat there in front of him, it had red fur and he could see it's face does look similar to him, the red slitted eyes, black marking around their eyes, and the whisker mark. Now he is sure that he is the fox's child, though he wondered where this place is. He also doesn't understand why people fear it, he doesn't feel any danger from the fox.

"Hmm... I see I wasn't wrong about you, you really are my child"

The fox said, confirming his guess.

"What do you mean? Are you my father?"(Naruto)

Though that doesn't mean he wouldn't ask back.

"Hmm... Rather than a father, I might be closer to a mother for you. You have all my gifts, being born with my chakra and power you are no simple human. This is a word that are not used anymore but it's a perfect word to describe you, Akudou, a demon child"

"My mother? But aren't you a boy? And what is Akudou?"(Naruto)

"Hahahaha! Well that's partly true, but I'm... No, me and my siblings are purely made of chakra, so I can be a man or woman... And especially for me, I can really be one if I want to..."

As he said that, his voice turned feminine as his body shrunk and morphing into a beautiful woman, "she" have a long reddish orange hair, a pair of big fox ear above her head, she have similar facial features as Naruto, red slitted eyes, black marking around her eyes, and the whisker mark on her cheeks. She wears red juban under a white kimono, behind her 9 fluffy tail swaying gently.

"... Just like this, and this is one of the gifts you inherit from me, you can shape shift into what you want. Though for now, you might only be able to turn into something smaller of the same size as yourself. That ability, long ago was said to be inherited from demons, and those who are born with this are called Akudou, but now it is called kekkei genkai. But for you, it is true that you inherited it from me, so that word fits you perfectly, though some might call you jinchuuriki, because I am sealed inside you..."

"Now, let's forget all that for a second and why don't we introduce ourselves? I am Kurama, people of old called me Tenko, the heaven fox, the God's messenger. But now I am known as Kyuubi no Yoko, the nine tailed demon fox. And you my child?"(Kurama)

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto, people call me demon too and they hurt me... Can, can I call you mother?"(Naruto)

Naruto asked fearfully, though from the emotions he knows she wouldn't deny him, living with people who have rejected him all this time made him afraid to be rejected.

Kurama smiled and beckoned him to come closer. Naruto timidly walked ahead and when he was in front of Kurama, she suddenly hugged him. Sitting down with Naruto on her lap, she answered.

"Of course you can. What mother would cruel enough to deny their child?"(Kurama)

Naruto smiled and snuggled closer to his mother. Closing his eyes as he let his body relax, enjoying the warmth of her hug and emotions that blanketed him.

"It's getting late, you should sleep"(Kurama)

Naruto is afraid, what if she disappears when he sleeps? What if all this is just a dream?

"It's fine, I'll always be here with you. When you wake up you'll be back where the two fox cubs are, but you don't need to be afraid. When you want to meet me, just close your eyes, take a deep breath and think of coming here. And I'm still able to talk to you even if you don't come here, just think of talking to me and I'll hear you"(Kurama)

Noticing Naruto's fear, Kurama tried to calm him down. Naruto could tell that she told the truth but it was still scary for him.

"Are you sure?"(Naruto)

"If you can't, I'll teach you step by step when you woke up so you can come here whenever you like"(Kurama)

Though still afraid, Naruto decides to believe in his mother and after a bit, he falls asleep in his mother's lap.

-POV Kurama-

At first he wanted to get away, he hated being controlled by a human, much more to be trapped inside one. Madara Uchiha, Hashirama Senju, Mito Senju, Kushina Uzumaki, all of them treated him like a mindless beast. He who was a God's messenger. After parting with his father, he comes under Tengu, the martial god and slayer of vanity in the fire temple in the Land of Fire. Kurama learns under him and becomes known as Tenko, the heaven fox and God's messenger, as he often reminds humans of their arrogance, giving them punishment for their vanity in Tengu's place.

But one day Madara forcefully took control of him, and in just a short time, he was called Kyuubi no Yoko, the nine tailed demon fox and all his previous glory vanished like it was never there. The monks from the fire temple might still remember, but he wouldn't know. Afterall, he was never freed from that point, from Madara, this time Hashirama took control, binding him with his wood technique and imprisoned him, soon after followed by his siblings. Then he was handed over to Mito and this time was sealed inside her when she was nearing her childbirth. He could feel the child absorbing his chakra and inherit his gift.

He had hoped when she was old, he would be passed on to this child, as the child would feel the familiarity in their chakra and at least wouldn't treat him like a mindless beast. But sadly for him, Mito lives a long life, and when it's finally time, instead of handing him over to her descendant, she hands him over to a complete stranger. A young girl with red hair, probably her clansmen from the Uzumaki clan. Even worse, instead of sealing him only with the chains like Mito does, they added a different seal in the shape of stakes that nails him in place, constantly torturing him.

He was enraged, his chakra was fully tainted with hatred. His chakra was naturally violent from the start. And this has made it more violent, corrosive, and this change made his chakra able to flow out of the seal as it is not strong enough to fully contain it, the chakra overflowing in Kushina's body, drowning the new live in her womb in it. Kurama, who doesn't have the energy to think far as he just wants to be freed from this pain, doesn't have the leeway to pay attention to the child. He planned to try his luck when she was giving birth, in a way, he succeeded, but only for another Uchiha with a mask to once again forcefully control him and send him to rampage. When he regained consciousness he was about to be sealed again inside of Kushina. He struggled and raged, he didn't notice the small baby when he trusted his claw in rage. It did make Minato and Kushina put themselves between his claw and the child, his claw impaled them and was stopped by Kushina's chain. At this point he noticed the child and the fact that familiar feeling the child gives, far more than any other that has been given power by him. Minato used this opening to seal him, though he was forced to use shiki fujin, the death god contract seal, to seal him Inside the baby along with his and Kushina's chakra in hope to protect the child.

Kurama considered himself lucky, the death god contract seal doesn't act like the sealing technique humans use. It binds two souls together, normally these souls would then be swallowed by the shinigami to be tortured inside it's stomach. But Minato instead used his soul as sacrifice to bind him into the child. This was similar to when he and his siblings were still binded with Hagoromo, their father, instead of the sealing that Mito and Kushina had done. He was bound to the child, Naruto's soul, not limited to his body. He was free in the child's mind scape, no pain, no chains or stake to stop him from moving, so he was content with it, this is the best he could get especially with the child being Kushina's and that he had drown the child in his chakra in his hate of being tortured inside of Kushina, the child is a chakra beast in human form.

He watches the child grow, alone, feared and hated. The ninja didn't train or protect the child, maybe they wanted the child to be desperate and then show up as the child's savior, gaining his trust. But lucky for him, the child awoke his gift and even entered his mindscape before any ninja could brainwash him.

He accepts the child, the child is the closest he could call to his own. He did think if he should act as a father to the child, but decided not to, for the lone child a mothers love is what he needed the most. And so he takes his female shape, "she" will raise the child to be someone worthy to be called hers.

She could feel Kushina and Minato's chakra in Naruto’s mindscape, but they stay silent. They probably will only move when they feel that Naruto is in danger. She will take advantage of that, she's not going to hurt her child now, so they don't have any purpose being a guardian here, but their knowledge still will be a great help for her who didn't know much of the shinobi world.

leave a comment on what do you think about the story and what I can do better for the future. No promises I can change it but I'll try

65