Chapter 4
1.5k 47 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm back, I guess

 

Naruto walks towards the hokage monument, taking the long path around the edge of the village to go back to the nest in the forest to get the foxes. He took the long path to avoid the negative emotions of the villagers, though he is used to feeling others emotions, it is still not a pleasant thing to feel their negative emotions towards him.

Halfway towards the ninja academy he found an old abandoned playground, swing, sandbox and other playing spots had deteriorated. He tried the old swing as he passed by, it is still pretty strong and usable.

 

Then he noticed something, he walked towards where he could feel emotions and could hear children's voices. He walked closer towards the sound and saw three older kids bullying a younger girl.

 

"Show us your byakugan! If you can't, don't you even dare to look at us you white eyed freak!"

 

"I bet she is just a white eyed monster!"

 

"C'mon show us the power of byakugan, you white eyed monster!"

 

"""Hahahahaha!"""

 

They mock the little girl and call her a monster, while the little girl can only cry. Naruto was curious, was there someone else who was called a monster besides him?

 

"Byakugan is one type of doujutsu. Your eye could be called one too, though it's inferior compared to them. I, as a predator, have these eyes to be able to spot prey more easily and to be able to see in the dark. But a byakugan is an eye that could see 360°, so they can see everything all around them, they can normally see through solid object and able to see chakra in detail, but if the user is really talented they can see even beyond that"(Kurama)

 

"Wow, that's amazing! Does that mean she is like me!?"(Naruto)

 

"In a way, yes, the Hyuuga clan inherited the Byakugan from my father's brother, Hamura. You, the Uzumaki also inherit your strong lifeforce from Hamura"(Kurama)

 

"Hey, does that mean she's family!?"(Naruto)

 

"Fufu, a really distant family, if you insist… most of the Hyuuga has become arrogant with their power, but this girl hasn't been brainwashed to be like the other it seems"(Kurama)

 

Naruto didn't think long and walked towards the girl. He looked into the girl's eye and found it beautiful. A white iris with occasional purplish lines and bluish white pupils that are hard to see from afar. Naruto noticed that the bluish colored pupil is because of the chakra condensed behind it, adding a special layer to the eyes.

 

"I think it's beautiful though."(Naruto)

 

Naruto said as he stood between the girl and the three older kids. Sitting down facing the girl as he looked into her eyes. The three boys are annoyed and surprised by Naruto suddenly getting between them and their attention, so they turn their target to him.

 

"Huh what's this!? Who the hell are you!?"

 

"Oi! Kid, don't try to play hero now or you'll regret it!"

 

"Yeah go home now before you get hurt!"

 

This is why Naruto doesn't like to play with other kids, they're annoying, loud and unreasonable. Naruto glared at them, eyes and pupils narrowed. The three kids were surprised, Naruto's blood red eyes look menacing with the black marking around his eyes enhancing the feral look in his eyes.

 

"W-what the hell are you!?"

 

One of them asked in fear. Intimidated by Naruto's look.

 

"Well, I heard you guys calling her a demon, so I came here to look, after all I don't remember there being another demon besides me in this village."(Naruto)

 

Naruto pushes chakra into his eyes, making it glow dimly as he opens his eyes wide and smiles at them with a feral smile, showing his fangs to scare them even more.

 

It is effective as the three kids become more afraid of him after seeing this. One of them seems to have recognized who he is, scaring the kid and making him scream and run away, followed by his friends.

 

"T-the demon kid! Get the hell out or he'll eat us alive!"

 

"Oi! Wait, don't leave me behind!"

 

Naruto watches them run away until they are out of view.

 

"That's one problem gone, I guess."(Naruto)

 

"U-umm… "

 

Naruto turned back to the girl when he heard her, offering her a hand to help her stand up as he asked her.

 

"Huh… oh yeah, are you ok? Can you stand?"(Naruto)

 

"Y-yeah"

 

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto, What's your name?"(Naruto)

 

"I-I'm Hinata, Hyuuga Hinata, thank you very much for helping me"(Hinata)

 

Hinata thanked him politely with a bow.

 

"Nah, don't mind it… Are you going to be okay by yourself?"(Naruto)

 

"U-umm… yes… I think"(Hinata)

 

"Is that so? I'll be going on my way then, bye."(Naruto)

 

 

Like that Naruto goes the opposite way Hinata was going. The sun is starting to set so he wants to get back to the nest fast so he can bring back the foxes to his apartment before it gets too dark.

 

 

[Hinata POV]

 

 

As the blond boy disappeared Hinata got back to her senses. She remembers the words the boys said before.

 

"...another demon besides me…"

 

Naruto said that he is a demon.

 

"...The demon kid…"

 

And the three boys called him the demon kid and were afraid of him.

 

Hinata didn't believe that Naruto was actually a demon, so she believes that Naruto had just accepted being called a demon's kid by others, but still holds his head high, not bothered by what people think of him. Unlike the Hyuuga clan who take pride in their eyes and think of other people as below them. Naruto is kind, he doesn't look arrogant or depressed by his differences, he accepts that he is different and still acts kind. Something within her heart told her that that was what she wanted. Naruto reminds her of her mother, the kind and caring mother that loved her, the warm familial love she once felt before her mother died.

 

Unlike what the elders in the Hyuuga clan had taught her, to be proud, to be strong and not showing weakness. Hinata doesn't like hurting people and she can't help but sympathize with others, the elders had said that it was a weakness, that she was weak and that the Hyuuga doesn't need weakness. In addition her byakugan is really weak, so she was thrown away by her own clan easily. They didn't even bother to use the seal on her as there would be no use in her weak byakugan even if it did get stolen, a small blessing from her weakness.

 

She wants to be like him, she wants to be like her mother. To forget the kindness and caring nature of her mother was something she wouldn't do. She wasn't sure she could before this, but now she had seen others who are like that, she was motivated, she was sure she could be what she wanted.

 

Hinata straightened her posture as a refreshing smile bloomed on her face and walked home, not the where the Hyuuga clan is but the house where the one who accepted her lives. A friend of her mother, a kunoichi called Kurenai Yuuhi.

 

 

---

 

 

Naruto managed to go back to the nest though Kurama had to stop him to lose a few shinobi that have been tailing him. A few turns and misdirections with the clones was enough to lose them.

Naruto walks back with the foxes towards his apartment not long after. The villagers throw him hateful glares as he walks by, the foxes only add fuel to the flame. 

Kurama mentioned she was planning on creating a new hideout close to the apartment and connecting it to the nest. In case something happens, he could get to a safe place quickly.

 

The shinobi who kept an eye on him was back by the time he got to the apartment, the shinobi were back on him by that time. Naruto just ignores the increased number of shinobi monitoring him and goes about his day. Though not as well as he might hope as he can't buy food from the stores. He goes to the forest at the back of the Hyuuga compound, the nearest from his place and hunts for food. He doesn't bother to hide himself from the shinobi as he hunts. Using the kunai that he has, he managed to get some rabbit, fish, and vegetables. After getting enough for him and the foxes to eat for a few days he goes back to his apartment, storing the extra food and veggies in the fridge and making a meal for himself and the foxes before resting for the day.

 

In the afternoon Naruto decided to explore the village with the foxes. Yesterday he explored the outside so now he is exploring inside the village, looking at the stores and places. As expected he got hateful glares from everyone, when he found a playground some kids did try and play with him or were interested in the foxes following him, but quickly got stopped by their parents.

 

 

---

 

 

"Oh, Hinata!"(Naruto)

 

"...! Naruto-kun"(Hinata)

 

As the sky got darker and he was about to walk back to his apartment, Naruto met Hinata, the girl gave Naruto a bow as he greeted her.

 

Hinata noticed and got curious about the foxes following Naruto. Noticing that, Naruto introduced them to her.

 

"Oh yeah, they're my family, the red one is Ichigo the mother, the one with the black tail is Sango, and the blond one is Niko. And guys, this is Hinata"(Naruto)

 

The foxes get close to Hinata and rub their bodies on Hinata, greeting her, Hinata crouches and patting the foxes smiling as the foxes seem happy with her gesture.

 

"They seem to like you."(Naruto)

 

Naruto smiled seeing the foxes accepting the girl.

 

"Thanks again for yesterday Naruto-kun"(Hinata)

 

"You're welcome, those kids didn't bother you again, did they?"(Naruto)

 

Naruto and Hinata started to walk as they talked. Hinata told him that the three kids didn't bother her again, they even became afraid of her, it appears they spread some bad rumors though, as some kids seem to distance themselves from her.

 

Naruto felt sorry about that but Hinata told him that it's not a problem as she was not close to those kids in the first place so she doesn't mind it. Naruto was glad it didn't bother her and she didn't fear or hate him, either she didn't know about him or she didn't care. He wasn't going to ask her about it, he'll just wait until she figured it out by herself or she asked him personally, until then he would let it be, letting the girl know him as he is, not as what people think and talk of him.

 

Naruto smells something nice from one of the stalls, the name ichiraku ramen was written in front of it. Naruto wants to try the food sold here, but he knows he's not welcome. Hinata noticed Naruto looking at the stall and asked him.

 

"Naruto-kun, do you want to try that?"(Hinata)

 

"Well, yeah, but I'm not sure they welcome me there"(Naruto)

 

"Why?"(Hinata)

 

"Most of the village hates me"(Naruto)

 

"Is it the same reason those kids call you demon too?"(Hinata)

 

"Yeah, you can see how I look, they hate me just because of that"(Naruto)

 

Naruto showed his teeth and narrowed his pupil, showing Hinata what made the people afraid of him.

 

"I see… but we could try and see the stall, if they don't like it we could just leave?"(Hinata)

 

"Hmm… I guess that's true, okay then let's see what they have"(Naruto)

 

And so the two walked towards the stall followed by the three foxes. The sky is starting to get darker as the night comes, the two are enjoying their time talking to each other without anybody bothering them.

 

so something about the original that I don't understand. Hinata's father was harsh towards the branch family, shown by how he activated his brothers seal when he show some dislike about Hinata's progress in her training, saying that there would be no second time or something similar. Then after Neji vs Naruto fight, he told the story to Neji about how he loved his brother and that he tried to stop his brother from being sacrificed for him. So which is it? Is he cold hearted or loving?

Also about Hinata, I'm not sure if I should keep her family name as Hyuga or should I change it. What do you think?

48