Lore
1.4k 12 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the time of old, there were two beings. One rule over the land of the living, and the other rule over the afterlife. The god of life, God Tree, gave birth to live all over the planet, while the god of death, Shinigami, guides the souls who have reached the end of their lives to the afterlife.

The God Tree bears fruit every thousand years and gives birth to a new creature every time the fruit falls to the earth. While Shinigami make contact with intelligent creatures. Those who have regret and those who have desires in the land of living, In exchange for their wish, he feeds on their emotions.

In time, a lone creature finds the God Tree, and eats its fruit. The creature has a human body, birds feet, a really long nose in his human like face and fangs like those of lions, and finally three pairs of raven black wings on his back. The creature was a curious one, always trying to learn something new. He was known as a sage with his knowledge.

After eating the fruit, the creature, Tengu, could feel power all through his body, he could feel his body changing. Condensed live force from the fruit filled his body and he felt young again, he became stronger, not only that he could now understand many things that he didn't notice before. 

The energy flowing all over the world, the energy that living things let out. He understands that he was no longer a mortal, he is now a similar existence to the God Tree. 

He thinks of a way to use this energy, the energy inside normal living things are too small to be useful so he turned to the energy that is flowing all over the world, he calls it the natural energy. As the art of using natural energy spread, it started to be called the sage art. 

Among many creatures that call themselves his pupil, some were able to learn it. As they master this art, their body undergoes a change, the natural energy prolonged their lives, some become smarter, some become stronger, and some become bigger.

At first Tengu was glad that he could bring change to the world. He started to distance himself from the mortal world, thinking that his existence was not needed anymore among them. But as time passed, power corrupted his pupils' minds. They became arrogant as they became mad with power. They started wars, killing those weaker than themselves as they pleased without thinking of the consequences. Power is everything and the strong can do anything they want without repercussions.

As the God Tree bore the next fruit, a human woman named Amnusha, one of his pupils, ate the fruit. She asks the god tree for power to return the world to peace. She came in front of Tengu and asked for his assistance, together they gave punishment to those who had been corrupted by their power. 

Her power is punishment to sinners, those who have sinned are given punishment with the same things as what they have done to others. Those who have killed another will lose their lives, those who take fun in violence are being tortured the same way they treated others. As for those who act kind towards others, her power gave them luck and peace.

The sinner runs and hides, even those who have not sinned but afraid of the Tengu's wrath hide themselves. They're ashamed of themselves and didn't dare to show their face in front of their master. And so the sages are gone from the outside world and the world goes back to the way it was.

But the peace didn't last long, after a few hundred years, the growing population of humans had made them turn on each other. Either because of need, greed, desperation, hate, love, revenge, they start to fight each other. The fight turned into wars and once again peace was lost.

A new fruit ripe from the God Tree, a girl ate the fruit, a normal powerless girl, a princess who wished for peace. Kaguya became the rabbit goddess, with the power she got from the God Tree. She ruled over the humans, forcefully stopping the war. With that peace came once again. Although the humans didn't like it, they couldn't do anything in the face of absolute power.

Kaguya gave birth to two children from her marriage, Hagoromo and Hamura. They inherited her power, Hagoromo inherited many of her abilities in the form of rinnegan, and Hamura inherited her byakugan, a strong body and massive chakra. She loves them and they grow up happy. 

Hagoromo decided to travel the world to learn and stumble upon the hideout of the frog sages. He learns under them and becomes a sage. The toad sage told him about his vision of Kaguya becoming mad before he departed.

Arriving back, Hagoromo decided to teach people the art of ninshu, linking himself to people and enabling them access to chakra more powerful than what normal living things capable of creating. He thinks with this people will be able to understand each other, but Hagoromo who was born with power doesn't understand humans. Humans are creatures of greed, that's why they were born with so many flaws, so that they will need each other to live. But when you give them power to overcome their weakness, they become blind and arrogant.

Kaguya noticed what her son had done, and with anger, she confronted her son and told him to stop what he was doing. Hagoromo, who thought this was what the vision of the frog sage was, didn't listen to his mother. He continues to spread chakra to people. 

Consumed by rage with her son's betrayal Kaguya tried to kill those who received the link. Seeing this, Hagoromo was convinced that Kaguya had become mad with power and decided to fight her. Unable to beat her alone, he seeks help from his sibling, Hamura. Hamura was reluctant to fight his mother, but he didn't want to let his brother get killed by his own mother so he was forced to help Hagoromo in defeating Kaguya.

With the two fighting against her, Kaguya was cornered. She was never a fighter so even with her power she wasn't able to fight back her two sons. She failed to stop her son's foolishness, if chakra were to be spread to every human, there is no turning back. As a last resort, she comes in front of the God Tree and fuses herself with it. Hoping it would be enough to stop her son's, she fought back.

But alas it was not enough, the God Tree was not a fighter either. Loss, grief and fear grips her hearts, her mind turns to blame her first son Hagoromo and that emotions turn to hate and anger, she loses control of her power. With Kaguya who lost control of her power and her chakra becoming unstable, Hagoromo and Hamura find the chance to finally seal her.

Ignoring his brother's plea, Hagoromo ripped Kaguya into three parts, body, soul, and chakra. He sealed each part separately, her soul was sealed deep inside the earth, her body was sealed in the moon, and her chakra was sealed inside him. Saddened by what his brother's have done to their mother, Hamura brings his family and goes separate ways from his brother.

With the new chakra he sealed inside him, Hagoromo spread the chakra to more people. Allowing more people to use it and teaching them the way of ninshu. 

Hagoromo had two sons, Indra who was born with sharingan, and Asyura who was born with his strength and chakra. Indra was an emotional person, because of his eyes he was more sensitive towards emotions than normal people, so he understood that his father's way was wrong. 

At some point he met with Zetsu, Kaguya's youngest child. Before her last fight, Kaguya used the power of the God Tree to give birth to Zetsu, giving him her memory and dreams, hoping he would be able to right things when she failed, and hoping he wouldn't make the same mistakes as his brothers. 

Young Zetsu hated his brothers for taking away his mother from him, he tried to find a way to turn things back to the way they were. That's why when he found out that Hagoromo's child, Indra, had the same view as his mother, he thought of it as a chance. He approached Indra and spoke to him of Kaguya.

Asyura on the other hand has the same mind as his father. Even as they talk about understanding one another by the link of chakra they are incapable of relating with others, they who have been born with power didn't understand the weakness in human hearts. Hagoromo chose Asyura as his successor to spread his teaching.

Disappointed, Indra left his father and gathered his own followers and spread his own teaching of ninjutsu. It is a technique that is made so that he can keep control over his followers so that he can correct them when they take the wrong paths. A fruit of work from both him and Zetsu, taking advantage of the sharingan power to read and learn how people use chakra they made seals that will help people use chakra more easily, but at the same time limiting their growth from using it the way his father and the sage does.

Before Hagoromo reached the end of his lifespan, he divided the chakra sealed inside him equally into nine parts and turned them into chakra beasts. He released the tailed beast from his body and told them to spread all around the world, to find their own life before he died. 

As the ninjutsu spread and became known, the easier way to control chakra in the art of ninjutsu was more popular than the ninshu. Many learned the usefulness of it and used ninjutsu as a tool to better their lives, and some as a weapon like Indra and Zetsu had feared.

Asyura couldn't accept this and confronted his brother. It turned into a fight as both couldn't accept each other. It turned into war as the followers joined in the fight.

"And around this time, I who travel in the land of fire stumble upon the family of Hamura. His children, the Uzumaki found interest in the art of sealing and sought to find ways to improve life using them. His other children, the Hyuuga, found interest in healing art, but as they became known, many sought them to gain their power for their own gain. So they learn martial arts to protect themselves and limit themselves for safety.

After that, I continued my journey and found a place in the temple of fire where I met Tengu who taught me many things. And as time went by, people started to call me as the heaven fox, Tenko, disciple of Tengu. And that the story of the ancient times when Gods still have strong bonds with the mortal world."(Kurama)

"Is it different now?"(Naruto)

"Well as people learn the art of ninjutsu and get drunk in their greed and desire, they forgot about the Gods, some even call themselves God in their arrogance"(Kurama)

"What happened then?"(Naruto)

"Well as they are a lost cause, the Gods abandoned them and only teach their followers who still have a healthy mind. Just like how you left the village because the villagers have been blinded by hate"(Kurama)

"Ohh… so they're like me… that is sad…"(Naruto)

Kurama smiled at the sleepy Naruto's answer. 

"That's why you shouldn't be like them alright? Now it's time to sleep, it's getting late"(Kurama)

"Ok… goodnight"(Naruto)

"Goodnight sweetheart, have a nice dream"(Kurama)

Kurama kisses Naruto's forehead as he drifts into the dreamland. Naruto's body slowly disappears from the mindscape as he falls asleep. Kurama looks at the sky, praying to her master for his guidance in the future as their peaceful life wouldn't stay forever.

36