Chapter 5
1.2k 0 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that embarrassing, but also...pleasant episode, I had a talk with my mother. Apparently that was the hero Midnight, and she’s a friend of mom from when they were in school.

The ‘gift’ that Nemuri gave me is only a stopgap measure, and I’ll need to actually find a partner within a few years. Not sure how I feel about that, but heat was not fun, I guess it could be, but as I am now? No.

Around six months later, I went into heat again, but it was less intense and I managed to stay somewhat human, at least now I know the interval, hopefully.

My “quirks” are now developed to a point where I can’t practice on power where we live, so I’ve switched to focusing on fine control, which I have somewhat neglected.

My parents told me what they are doing for work, but I can never reveal it to anyone not in the know.

Mother works for a cutting edge technology company that works with costumes, both for Heroes and for military use. Apparently the company doesn’t “exist” and is sort of a secret, hence all the red tape and confidentiality. She promised to help me develop my costume before entering UA.

I’m not really sure what to do with my costume, but I have a few ideas that I want to implement. Two of them being a retractable nose plug and noise canceller. Bad smells and loud sounds are getting worse to deal with as I grow older, and my senses are becoming more sensitive.

Dad works as some sort of inquisitor. He didn’t really go into too many details, but he deals with interrogation and extermination of particular individuals and villains. Makes me realise how much of a hypocritical society this world is.

The next year and a half flows by, and we celebrate my 15th birthday. In just a couple of months I’m supposed to enter UA, and I can’t really decide if I’m excited or not.

I haven’t seen many heroes, only Nemuri and a few other ones I can’t even remember the name of. My parents aren’t exactly heroes either, so I’m not really sure what to expect.

If nothing else, maybe I can find some people to recruit for later, or get a better idea of this world’s quirks and how I fare against them.

My body has developed some. I’m somewhat happy for it, because no matter what I do I stick to my slender physique. I have developed in certain areas, and I’m a bit taller than mother as of now, around 165 cm. 

I still have my golden eyes and black hair. It’s different from that of my last life as the Fairy Empress, but I have come to love them. I am still undecided on the whole cat thing, while yes, it brings a lot of advantages, there are downsides. Mother has me “tamed” as she likes to say, I disagree, I let her think I am “tamed”.

For the next couple of months, mother and I work on the finishing touches of my costume, and I have to say, the result is splendid.

Well then, tomorrow I suppose I am starting school, again.

45