Chapter 15
943 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Nezu / Principal POV)

 

“Nezu we can’t let her roam freely and do what she wants. She has to be contained.”

“Kenji do you realise what you’re saying? Technically that girl is a hero to her classmates. Yes she used unconventional methods. Yes she was aiming to kill, but everyone heard this Shigaraki’s threat. If we take action against her, it will discredit everything we are trying to teach the students, and they will grow discontent.”

“Hawks, she broke the law.”

“No Kenji, technically she didn’t. She killed an entity that we cannot classify as anything but a puppet. Yes the nomu may have used to be a hero, but we all saw what had been done to him. We should focus on the two individuals that was mentioned. The low-level villains that were paralysed, not killed, paralysed, by the same girl, they all mentioned Shigaraki and Kurogiri. They are most likely behind the string of missing heroes the past years.”

“Kenji, Hawks is right. The optics aren’t looking good if we punish her. We will have to make her look like a deranged criminal or a villain. She is the #1 student in 1-A, and at least the female classmates love her. That includes Yaoyorozu, we don’t want to go against her family for such a simple matter. Not to mention, Kenji, she is from that Regalia family.”

Kenji looks like an abandoned puppy, which is simply curious considering that is his annoyed and discontent face.

“Wait wait, she’s from THAT Regalia family? Shit.”

“What is it, Hawks?”

“I didn’t think much of it until now, but there was something she said; ‘Stop with the facades and hypocrisy. The only way to make sure someone doesn’t remain a threat to come back for revenge, is to put them down, permanently.’”

That is, disheartening. Not many remember, but when quirks started popping up, it became chaos. The heroes came, and they did not have a good reputation because there was nobody to monitor their collateral damage. It took almost a hundred years to get the public opinion on our side.

“I don’t understand, why is that important? Isn’t it just a little girl throwing a tantrum?”

“Hahaha, Kenji are you still mad that she called you an enemy because you’re a dog?”

Hm, interesting. I had noticed she was conflicted whenever we spoke, maybe her instincts are stronger than I had assumed. Hm, maybe I can use that.

“Kenji, if she is that man’s daughter, it means that may not be idle threats. We all know how famous he is in certain circles, he’s the #1 Inquisitor. I just realised I fell into her trap.”

“You? Trap? What do you mean?”

I let out a sigh. “The first day of school she caused a commotion, I assume she partly did it to have a meeting with me alone, because her parents were with her during the one prior. She said she was disappointed in this school, and would drop out. That is until she figured out the prophecy regarding One for All and All for One. She used that to bargain with me to only have to do the mandated tasks and exams. She is going to spend the time she’d usually be in class with her father I assume. This is not good.”

“Okay now I’m lost as well, Kenji do you understand?”

Kenji shakes his head at Hawks.

“She is keeping something hidden. She doesn’t know, but she suspects that the prophecy has been changed after her birth, which she is right about, I had to call and check, and it has indeed changed with two outcomes. One good for us, one good for All for One. She is an unknown variable. She has questionable morals, but is being kept grounded by her parents, and I assume her new friends. I have noticed she has a dual personality, one she displays towards people she likes, and one she assumes when she is confronting an enemy or a dilemma. I’m not sure if she’s aware of it, but if we make her see us as an enemy. I don’t even want to know what’s going to happen.”

Hawks jaw is basically on the floor at this point, but Kenji looks unconvinced.

“I don’t understand, what can a little girl do?”

“You should stop calling her a little girl, she’s a monster. So far I have seen and heard about her having 3 different quirks. Wind, Lightning, and a Shapeshifting Weapon. She is a lot stronger than what she showed during the USJ incident. There she only used her internal force. From what the cameras have taped in the teacher’s training area, she can used the ionised particles and natural air currents to amplify her ability to unknown proportions. I still do not know the limit of her abilities. Not only that, if she is going to train under her father, she’s on the fast track to become a fantastic inquisitor, and we know the leniency given to them. She will have the freedom to take any action she deems necessary against threats to the population or colleagues. Do you understand? If she becomes an inquisitor, she can blow up an entire area of villains with no repercussions, and the public opinion will blow back on us, not her.”

Both Kenji and Hawks gulp.

“I may have an idea, but if it doesn’t work. She’s going to be a lot more difficult to deal with.”

“What is your plan?” Hawks looks interested. I always knew he was a little crazy, as long as he is useful.

“We’ll bring ‘her’ in from Tartarus. If Luxie’s instincts are as strong as I think, she will be naturally attracted to ‘her’, and next time she goes into heat, we can use ‘her’ to control Luxie.”

39