Chapter 23
921 9 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Last one for today. I’m probably writing a few more tonight and tomorrow, I kinda like this story, and I’m actually learning a lot about things I never thought about in regards to pacing. Using ‘non-plot’ chapters to develop side characters, etc. At least I think that’s what I’m doing? Anyways! I hope you’ve enjoyed, good night!

 

“So, who’s this young lady?”

Gah, I forgot about this part. My parents were both in the living room when we arrived at home. Great, how am I going to explain this.

“Explain what?”

I yelp in surprise, and Yuki and Mother looks at me. Crap, I forgot to keep my thoughts under check.

“Em...Mom, dad, this is Yuki.”

Both my parents raise an eyebrow at me saying mom and dad, I generally reserve that for when I want something.

My father looks at me, then the snow leopard besides me, before his face contorts.

“Yuki Hyo…”

“Explain. Now.”

Haah..

I spend the next 10 minutes explaining everything, my deal with the principal, how he tried to use Yuki against me, my plan to have it blow up in his face, then to take my revenge down the line for being a hypocritical piece of mousedog.

“So, I’m wondering if Yuki can live with us, at least for a while?” My mother raises an eyebrow at me, and my hand shoots to my mouth as I realised I just said Yuki with a special kind of purr in my tone. Mother has heard that tone a few times the past year, and her face contorts into a shit eating grin. Curses.

“Absolutely no-“

“Of course sweetie, anything you want.” My mother cut my father off before he could finish his sentence. Father just looks at mother, but she just smiles.

Curses. She totally knows.

“Avron, deary. I’ll be taking the girls up to fix their room.”

Wait, their room? Mother!

Mother grabs my hand and then looks at Yuki, motioning her to follow before moving towards my room on the third floor.

“Soo, sweetie. Anything you want to tell your mother?”

I look away, and find myself looking at a slightly confused leopard girl, before trying to find something in the room I can fix my gaze on.

“Sweetie, do you want me to tell her about N-“

I rush towards my mom and place both my hands on her mouth. “No! Fine! Yes I’m attracted to her, and I’m pretty sure the feeling is mutual.” Mother looks at Yuki, who just nods and grins.

“I see I see.” Mother just looks at me with a knowing smile. Curses, I’m glad she didn’t bring out the special weapons to get me to talk.

“Does she know about-“

Mother. She will in due time.”

She just looks at me, I don’t usually growl at her with pressure, but she got the message. Yuki doesn’t need to know about my personalities, not yet. She has probably noticed, but nothing is confirmed. I don’t like giving away my secrets before I fully trust someone. Not even my parents know the full extent of my power, but that is not due to trust.

“Hah, very well. Yuki can you help me get an extra pillow?”

“Wait, mother, why only a pillow?”

Mother just looks at me. “Well she’ll be sharing a bed with you, of course.”

I groan, of course she’s...Haah. I give up.

42