Chapter 24
864 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few minutes later Yuki comes back alone, I suppose mother had a “talk” with her, by the look on her face. What they discussed? I can only imagine.

“Your mom is scary.” 

“Hah, no need to tell me. I’ve had to live with her for 15 years. Even though dad is the inquisitor, mother is the one in charge around here.”

I’m currently in a slightly compromising position. I’m in bed, in a particular nightgown I would never have picked myself, maybe. That’s not the compromising part. Besides me lies a certain snow leopard girl in an equally revealing nightgown, and I’m finding it hard not to look. Mother sure knows what she wants.

“You know kitty, you don’t have to hold back on my account. You know I’m attracted to you physically, both in looks and traits, but I also really like your fun, smart, crazy personality.”

I look into the icy blue eyes besides me, finding no uncertainty or hint of anything nefarious. Haaah. Curses.

“Fine. I give up.”

I close the distance between us in my Queen sized bed, placing a hand on the girl’s chin before leaning in and placing my lips on hers. Finding no resistance I pry open her lips and slip my tongue into her mouth, searching around until I find her tongue and gently caress her.

The kiss goes on for a while, before we’re both gasping for breath.

I pull the taller girl into my embrace, and she lays her head on top of my chest, as we both let out soft purrs that resonate with each other, cascading into a symphony.

“There are a lot of things I don’t know about you, and there are even more things you don’t know about me. I’m not going to resist anymore, denying myself, but we’re taking it slow. My next cycle is in about half a year.” I look down on Yuki, and she nods. “Right. You are going to learn about me, and I’m going to learn about you. Trust takes time, no matter the words we say, the actions, familiarity and comfort of each other’s presence speak louder than any words. Just remember, do not betray me.”

Yuki entwines our tails as she snuggles under my chin, her ears gently tickling and caressing me. “Never, my Empress.”

 

##

 

Waking up to having a girl on my chest brought me back to my time as the Fairy Empress. I do sometimes ponder on what happened to my lovers, and my empire. My first queen was a smart woman, she should be able to rule the empire in my place together with the chamberlain, he was a dutiful man that took his job with the utmost sincerity and importance.

Absentmindedly stroking the snow leopard’s hair. My thoughts keep returning to my time before my current life. I don’t remember dying. All I can remember is being in the midst of a battle. I had arrived at the collision point before the rest of the united armies from the surrounding countries, as I was the only one available to head over before the others.

Is there even a point to pondering anymore? It’s not like I can actually figure anything out from here.

What do I even want to do in this world? I want to live with my parents for a long time, how long even is my lifespan in this world? Looking down at the girl in my arms, I probably wouldn’t mind living with her either, but something needs to keep us in check.

Do I want to tear down the hero society and rebuild it? Why do I even care so much? I didn’t use to care about things that don’t directly affect me. Why does mother even want me to attend UA, when I can simply become an inquisitor like father.

What even is mother’s quirk? I know she’s not quirkless, as she has a permit, but I have no idea what it does, and nobody will tell me, or they don’t know.

Is there a connection between Shigaraki and All For One? I know both are obsessed with All Might, but Shigaraki seems more like a mindless beast than an elaborate schemer. He even had All Might’s schedule. Now that I’m actually thinking about it, how did he- ah! The reporter incident? Was that a cover so someone could sneak in and get the teacher’s schedule?

How? Invisibility? Someone like Toru? Teleportation? Shouldn’t UA have defenses against those type of quirks? Maybe it’s someone like me? I already know Eraserhead’s quirk doesn’t work on me, which all but confirms my theory that I remain my abilities from my last life, and they don’t work like this world’s quirk.

So many things to think about, but for some reason I don’t even feel like I want to bother with it. Just let things play out, as long as I can protect me and mine.

39