Chapter 25
761 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ready?”

I give my father a nod, and he opens the door to the cell.

The villain I’m about to interrogate is a part of a terrorist cell that wanted to take out strategic government facilities by using multiple people with bomb-like quirks. The inquisitors and heroes managed to arrest this guy, and one other. There are still more out there, which is why they’re interrogating these two.

This is set as my trial, if I can pass this, mostly get any sort of information and being able to handle an interrogation, I’ll move on to the next phase which is basically an interview, and if I pass that I’m an inquisitor in training. The hardest part is getting the foot in the door, as you need a recommendation from a senior inquisitor to even be considered a possibility.

As I enter the room, I look around and see it’s the typical interrogation room style I’ve seen on those “police-dramas” as mother calls them. I still marvel at television, If only I had that in my previous life.

The man is chained to a chair, apparently the handcuffs are made by a quirk, something like Momo’s, but it can cut off the usage of quirk, sort of like Eraserhead. 

“Oh, a little girl? Did they send me a present?” The man leers at me. 

Haah, we have to start from here?

I send out an air current blocking sound from leaving his mouth. Sound is just vibration transferred through a medium, like metal or air. If the air refuses to transfer the vibration, there is no sound.

“I guess we’ll have to do this the hard way. I’m asking the questions, and unless I allow it, you won’t open your filthy little mouth, okay?”

The man resists and tries to speak.

“Wrong answer.”

Creating small needles of air I send them to bury themselves underneath his fingernails. Seems like I have to condition him.

Releasing the current so he can speak, I look at him. “Still have any comments?”

He shakes his head. I assumed villains here weren’t used to pain or enhanced interrogation. Father is in the adjacent room and watching everything, skimming through the surface thoughts of the villain. I just have to break him down, even if he doesn’t actually talk, father will let me know when he has everything.

“Now then, let’s try this again. Who are the names of your companions? Surely you can tell me that much?”

The man looks at me, and I can see beads of sweat drip, sticking his dirty blond hair to his skin, as his green eyes are filled with terror. The disharmony of a 15 y/o girl torturing a man, albeit only minuscule as of now, is no doubt messing with his mind.

“Time’s up. You had your chance, now we’ll have to do this the hard way.”

Taking out a blindfold, I tie it behind his head and rob him of his sight.

Next I channel the wind to block his sense of hearing, and sense of smell.

Leaning in close to his ear, I loosen a little bit on the winds and whisper. “Last chance before we get started. I’m going to enjoy this a lot more than you are.”

The man remains silent, and I sigh. He’s going to break sooner or later.

 

##

 

We’ve been at it for a couple of hours, and I’ll let him stew for the next thirty minutes. I have been gentle so far, only piercing enough for my rapier to touch his muscles, and I’ve saved the most painful areas for later.

Father still hasn’t come into the room, so I assume he hasn’t broken fully.

An idea strikes me, and it’s something I have never tried before, but I have figured out the underlying concept. 

In my old world, the concept of a soul was common. We had certain cultivators who specialised in soul attacks, and I do know the general techniques to induce hallucinations.

I leave the room and join my father. “Anything so far?”

He looks at me with a slightly complex face. I let out a sigh. “Father, if it makes it easier don’t think of the current me as your daughter, but the previous me from my own world. This kind of interrogation is a bit more difficult without my enchanted tools, but I think I may have an idea that could work. The only issue is that it might break his mind, so I need to know if I can try, and if you’ve gotten enough.”

“Haah. Fine.” Oh, at least now I know where I got that phrase from. “We have the names of around a dozen other villains, and the city which their headquarters are located. If we could pinpoint the location, we can make a decisive strike without warning, instead of having to scour the city and risk alerting them. You have my permission to try your idea, we still have the other one.”

I can feel a manic grin creep up my face, and I quickly turn around so my father doesn’t see.

Walking back into the room. The man flinches from the sound of me locking the door.

“You are quite the lucky man. I am going to sing you a song, and you’ll be the first person to ever hear it.” I let out in a happy purring tone. The man flinches as he knows by now that I’m just not some normal 15 year old girl.

Leaning in close I channel the winds and focus on the feeling and concept of soul attacks from my old world.

After a few minutes, I look at the man and start singing into his ears.

 

##

 

“Luxie. What was that?”

“I just sang him a little song. I think I’ll name it Song of Despair. It’s a nifty little trick that I’m glad worked.”

I give my father a gentle smile, and he casts his gaze on the man in the chair. It did work, sort of. Father said it was difficult to grasp anything coherent, as he was mostly screaming for the entire duration of the song.

It’s focused on inducing auditory hallucinations, and rattling the soul. I’m not sure if it works exactly the same in this world, but at least I confirmed that soul attacks do work to some degree.

“Haah. Well, I think we can say you passed. We got enough out of him, and if any of the...tools you’ve described can be made, I’m sure you’ll have a lot more success with the next one.”

I smile to myself as I skip out of the room whilst humming.

It seems the last few hours brought out a bit more of my, less sane side.

40