Chapter 26
743 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Across me is a woman. Apparently she’s the head inquisitor, but I can’t help but marvel at her beauty. It’s not the typical beauty most would think of, but it’s more akin to a charm enhancing her beauty. Maybe that’s just me?

She has short ashen gray hair, and gray eyes. Her entire expression is stoic and stern. The way she carries herself makes me think of a seasoned soldier.

Ah! That’s probably why. She reminds me of Luciana. My very own pet general. She was the same stoic kind, and I couldn’t help but love the expression on her face whenever I broke her down in bed.

The stern and serious demeanour, being reduced to a yelping little girl screaming out my name.

I shiver at the thought, and I can feel a bloodthirsty grin begin to form on my face. Woops, not the time.

“So, why do you want to become an inquisitor?”

The woman’s voice is flat and monotone, betraying no hint of what she wants to hear.

“Hmm.” I place a finger on my chin and tap a few times. Why do I want to become an inquisitor? I know I’ve thought about it before, but for some reason I can’t seem to remember. Oh well, it doesn’t matter. “Well mainly because I don’t agree with how heroes operate. Sure, they are doing an admirable job, but when you have a deranged person that can create nuclear explosions anywhere he walks. Is that really someone we should keep alive? Sure, there are people who can be reformed, or maybe was forced into their ways. I’m not talking about them though. How many lives would have been saved if we simply executed All For One, instead of keeping him locked up in a prison? Sure, he’s hard to kill, but there has to be a quirk that could fix that. If not, then why not chemical the chemical way? Or sink him to the bottom of an ocean and blow him up to bits and pieces? Surely he can’t take that kind of damage.”

“I hear what you’re saying, but your expression tells me something else. It almost looks to me like you enjoy bringing suffering and death.”

Hm? I tilt my head and feel my face. Oh, woops? She’s not completely wrong. “Haah, fine. Sure. I don’t enjoy causing suffering to people who don’t deserve it by my own standards, but if someone does? Heh. Sure a rapist can be reformed, maybe, but the simplest way to make sure they don’t force the same kind of horrible fate on someone else is simply to cut of or plug the problem, or just put them down like the animal they are. Well, I guess that’s kind of ironic considering these.” I flick one of my ears.

That does make me think though. I just called myself an animal? Is my mentality being warped in more ways than one? I don’t consider myself human anymore? Did I actually ever do that in this life? Hm.

“So what’s to stop you from becoming the problem yourself? To stop you from walking the path of villainy?”

I look at the woman in front of me. She feels more like a therapist than an inquisitor, does she have a quirk that brings out more of my true nature? Oh well.

“Because I love my parents? I mean, I’d rather not be stuck in a prison cell and not being able to spend time with them, or other people I care about. What really is the difference? Sure, a lot of heroes have certain mentalities, but that’s basically been brainwashed into them. What’s stopping an average citizen from killing or bringing pain to someone they hate? Is it the law? No, it’s the isolation, being locked in a cell away from freedom and the ones they care about. Humans are a pack animal after all, they thrive in society, and being ripped from that is ingrained into the very nature to be a last resort, something nobody wants.”

“You mentioned laws, and you’ve expressed yourself regarding them and heroes before, if I recall there was an incident during the USJ training, and you spoke to Hawks?”

“Hm? Ah that. That was indeed annoying. Shigaraki and Kurogiri clearly wanted to simply kill everyone in the vicinity to bring All Might to them, and then use the Nomu to kill him? You know I’m still wondering about that, the execution and the plan seemed sort of stupid. Anyways. While I do understand the value of information, killing them would have been the simplest way to eliminate a threat, and then we can investigate and retrace their steps. From what I could tell Shigaraki was some sort of leader type, despite his mental issues. There is probably someone behind him, but still, getting rid of him and then tracing him back to the crux of the problem seems like a much easier way to do things, than to let the possibility of him escape being an outcome.”

“I see. I think I have everything I need. You are without a doubt insane, but it seems you’re already aware of it and you’ve made anchors to keep yourself grounded. One piece of advice, think about what you would do if your parents died due to a mistake or simply someone else.”

She stands up from her chair, and I mirror her. Walking over to me and shakes my hand. “Well, welcome to the inquisitors.”

42