Chapter 27
753 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What in the heavenly name was that.

I just got home, and the second I entered the shower my head cleared up. That was uncharacteristic of me. Replaying the entire ‘interview’ in my head, I’m sure I must have looked like a lunatic. Was that her quirk? I didn’t even feel anything being done to me. No wait, it started even before that, almost when I entered Tartarus?

Haah, I suppose I’ll have to ask …. what was even her name?

Well that was interesting. Did I fall into some sort of trance due to myself, a quirk? 

Another thing to add to the ‘what is going on’ list. Still, that feeling of letting things progress and play out is nagging at me.

There was a legend in my last world. Of beings of immense power, not gods, ‘anyone’ could become a god. I was offered the position a couple of times, but that would mean leaving the mortal realm and following the heavenly rules, not something I wanted.

No what were they called again. Ah! Primordials. If I remember correctly, there was a primordial associated with fate, guiding the mortals onto their proper path. Protecting them from harm, unless they were fated to fall in certain events.

I always found the notion ridiculous, but now I’m starting to wonder.

[Momo: Hey Luxie, are you coming to school today?]

Oh, a message from Momo. I look at the time. If I leave now I can be there for lunch. Sure, why not, I have an act to play out with Yuki, well, ‘act’. Not sure how much of an act it is anymore. Didn’t I say something about not trusting her, so then why am I…?

Wait, what was I thinking about? Oh well, it doesn’t matter. 

 

##

 

“Hey girls!”

The girls wave at me and I plop myself down between Yuki at the table. Garnering looks from all the girls. I give them a smile and they resume their conversations.

Joining in on them we talk about everything and nothing. 

“Hey Ochaco, how’s it going with green?” I give her a smirk, which she returns with a blush.

“Mmm, he’s a bit dense, but that’s also cute. He seems really serious about things, so I don’t want to impede his progress. I’ll take it slow and keep the hyenas away from him.” (Ochaco)

“Hyenas? Ribbit.” (Tsu)

“Mhmm. There is one woman in particular in the support division. I walked in on her stripping him down and he blushing like a preschool girl. I don’t think it’s romantic or sexual, but you never know, so I’m keeping my eye on her.” (Ochaco)

“Aah, her. Yeah I’ve noticed. There’s also the vine girl in 1-B. I’ve seen her sneaking around.”

Ochaco looks at me, and then scribbles something down on a note. Uh, she didn’t know?

“Luxie I know I probably shouldn’t point it out, but your speech is...very modern today? It has been for a few days actually, I’m sort of starting to miss your ancient ways.” (Mina)

Huh? Wait. 15 year old me has been in charge for the past few days? Ever since the USJ incident? I mean I still have the memories and experiences of the Fairy Empress ‘me’, but. Neither of them have really surfaced for the past few days. I feel like there’s a connection there, but I can’t remember what.’

A few gasps bring me out of my reverie, and I notice Kyoka and Momo are looking at me with their mouths wide. Wait, no they’re not looking at me, they’re looking between me?

Following their gaze, I freeze. When did I?

I look up at Yuki, and she has a confused but happy expression. Looking back down at my tail coiled around her arm, I wonder when I did that, and why I did that?

Welp. Guess I’ve done it now. I know there are cameras in the cafeteria. Curses. They’re everywhere. Now that I’ve already touched her with my tail, I suppose I can let loose a little? Their reactions did help sell it.

Leaning to my right, I give Yuki a quick kiss on the cheek. She returns a warm smile, and I can see the insanity dance behind her eyes, ah I can lose myself in those blue eyes.

“Girl. Tell.” (Mina)

Leaning my head on Yuki’s shoulder, I give her a smirk. “Hmm? Whatever are you talking about?”

40