Chapter 2
21 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Link: Patreon

There was silence for a while, before Reyl finally broke the silence. "Why did you change her name?"

"Not only did I change her name to Louisa Marell, I also changed my and Loof's names. We even live in the human world, away from the crowds, so our identities won't be exposed—"

"At the same time protecting humans from the risk of your existence, right?!" Reyl interrupted.

Ryos nodded. "Right."

The little squirrel who had been listening for a long time finally spoke, "How did you get hurt?"

"It's a long story, Loof. But okay, I'll tell you," said Reyl, then continued, "While on the way, I bumped into three vampires. Knowing the battle could not be won, I devised a strategy to outwit them. My attempt was successful. But I already got a wound that left me unconscious. Luckily, it wasn't them or anyone else who found me, but Louisa."

"Since the war between humans has spread, more and more dark creatures have come to the human world," said Loof, restless.

"Relax, Loof. As long as the seven Spherone Arks are not in their hands, they will not dare to attack humans," Reyl said.

"But they already have two Spherone Arks"

"Just don't let them get the rest, we should even be able to snatch two Spherone Arks from them," said Ryos.

"Fortunately one Spherone Ark is still safe here," said Reyl.

"Oh, you saw it?"

Reyl nodded. "Hopefully the ark is safe here, because I'm afraid the vampires who were after me will find this place." Reyl walked towards the door. "I'd better go, so they don't go to the—"

"There's no need, Reyl. You can't leave Louisa, because the purpose of your coming is to bring her to Spirit Land. After all, as your friends we can't put you in danger. If they come, we'll face it together."

"You know, Magical Beast's power drops drastically without Beast Master, right?! I'll just be a hassle this time—"

"Even if you don't have a Beast Master, you are still Reyl. Moreover, it's not like you're gone, they're not after us. If the three of us unite, the chances of winning will be greater," interrupted Loof.

Reyl thought for a moment, then nodded. "Okay."

"Oh yeah, have you talked to Louisa? Mmm ..., I don't mean barking, but actually talking," Ryos asked.

"Not yet, why?"

"We can't predict her reaction if she find out about this. I'll tell her later."

"Who are you talking to, Dad?" asked Louisa, who had just come out of the kitchen.

"Eh … mmm…, I was singing. Yes, singing. Hahaha!"

"Sing?" Louisa frowned.

"Yeah, listen—"

"Don't sing, Dad," Louisa said, chuckling. "I believe. There's no one else here but us, right?!"

Minutes passed, hours changed, it didn't feel like it was already evening. They had just finished eating dinner. The night was quiet, just like the previous days. However, Louisa's mood was lighter, due to the wolf she had saved earlier.

"Listen to me, Snow," Louisa rubbed Reyl's head. "My cooking is the best, so don't eat Ted," she said, glancing at Loof.

"Louisa come here, I have something to tell you," Ryos called suddenly.

"What's the matter, Dad?" Just as Louisa had left, there was a sudden knock on the front door.

"Wait, let me open it." Ryos rushed to open the door.

As soon as the door opened, a woman with pale skin and blonde hair was already standing there. "Sir, it's getting late and very cold. May I warm myself inside?"

Ryos scrutinized the woman in front of him. After a moment the corners of his lips lifted. 

"Hah! You think I'm stupid, Vampire!" Ryos swung his glowing fist.

Ryos screams, startling Lori. "Vam—"

Crack!

Suddenly the back wall of the house fell, and two vampires with scary faces appeared. They stared at Louisa.

"Don't touch her!" Reyl screamed.

"Old wolf, don't you dare get in the way!" Another vampire charged at Reyl.

Blue light flashed around Reyl's body, then he ran as fast as lightning, counter the vampire. His speed was incredible, but not fast enough for his opponents.

"Slow!"

Unfortunately, Reyl's attack only hit the void, and faced a counterattack. Reyls had guessed, then emitted a blue energy that blew his opponent away.

"Tch! To think that without a Beast Master, you're still tough!" screamed one of the vampires, then glanced at his friend. "Knix, we must attack him together!"

Knix who just got up also nodded. "Come on, Drey!"

The two of them burst at the same time. Attacked by two formidable vampires, Reyl's in trouble. Without the Beast Master and the body still injured, of course only bad luck awaits him.

Luckily, Loof came to help. "Hold on, my friend!" Slowly Loof's body grew to a height of three meters. His hands and feet turned like humans. His body is strong and muscular. With great strength, he lunged at Knix, and Drey.

Meanwhile, Louisa couldn't believe what she saw. Vampires, squirrel, and wolf that can talk, as well as father's light ..., is this a dream?

The female vampire looked troubled as she was locked up by Ryos' fierce fists. She could only brush herself off. However, suddenly a sinister sound was heard. 

"Nuez, Drey, Knix! You put demons to shame! You're incompetent to just finish them off!" Not long after, a male vampire appeared who flew fast, then landed.

"Your Excellency!" said the three vampires.

Ryos looked at the newcomer angrily. "Veer ...."

The vampire named Veer smirked. "This time you won't survive Ryos."

It seemed Veer wasn't just an ordinary vampire. A dark and powerful energy, enveloped his body. This is what thrills Ryos's guts. Instead of winning the battle, even escaping death was very difficult.

"Hurry up and take Louisa away! Let me stop him!" Ryos called out, the yellow light energy even brighter in his hand.

"No! I want to fight together—" Loof suddenly fell down, and was unconscious. Gradually his body shrank until it returned to its normal size.

"I'm sorry, Loof," muttered Reyl, which had just knocked Loof out of consciousness. "Louisa, quickly get on my back!"

"No! I don't want to leave daddy!"

"Listen to me! I'll catch up with you guys after this!"

"Dad .…"

"Run!"

Louisa nodded. "I keep your words, Dad," she said, then turned to Reyl.

Reyl's body slowly enlarged by half. After that he ran fast leaving Ryos.

"Don't chase. I've ordered Ewed to guard the portal," Veer said, holding back his three men.

Hearing this, Ryos screamed, "Don't hurt my daughter!"

Ryos put all his might. His fists hit Veer from all directions. However, Veer easily dodged. The difference in their strength was too great. The end of the fight is already certain.

At night in the middle of a dark forest, Louisa and the two magical beast are resting by the bonfire. Their mood are gloomy.

"Dad promised to follow ...." Lori said quietly.

"He said that to get you to obey him. There's no way he could have survived from Veer," Loof explained, then turned to Reyl angrily. "You should have let me help—"

"Could he defeat Veer with your help?" snapped Reyl, making Loof pause for a moment. Reyl sighed, then continued, "We mustn't let his sacrifice go to waste. Loof, he wants you to stay alive so you can protect Louisa."

"Protecting Louisa? There's no way I could be her Beast. You know that she—"

"You don't have to be her Beast to protect her, do you?!" Reyl interrupted him again.

"This is unbelievable," Louisa muttered, giddy.

Reyl and Loof exchanged glances. They knew she still had a hard time accepting reality. However, the truth must be revealed. If not now, when else is the right opportunity to say it?! Finally they tell the secret that has been hidden from her.

"So I'm from Spirit Land?" asked Louisa.

Reyl nodded. "Including your adoptive father, Ryos."

"So Dad's real name is Ryos, and he is not my real father. Then who are my parents?"

Reyl was silent for a moment. A glimmer of sadness reflected in his eyes, before he finally said softly, "Sorry, I can't say it right now. Someday you'll find out."

"But I want to—"

"It's getting late, we'd better leave now," snapped Reyl.

"Where?" asked Louisa.

"Spirit Land. You will learn to become a Beast Master." Reyl's body grew. "Come on, I'm afraid they're after us."

Reyl ran, carrying them on his back. They combed the slippery and steep snowy path. Until finally arrived in a foggy forest. Reyl paused, then sniffed around.

"What's wrong, Snow?" asked Louisa.

Instead of being answered by Reyl, it was Loof who spoke up, "Are they after us?"

"No. This guy's been here a long time. It seems Veer already knows where we're going." Reyl lowered his back. "You guys get off. Louisa, stay away from us."

Just as the two of them landed from Orion's back, suddenly a vampire flashed. 

"I won't let you pass through the portal!" 

The vampire attacked Reyl who was unprepared. Luckily, Loof swiftly restrained Reyl's body which was nearly blown away.

To be continue

3