Chapter 3
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Link: Patreon

“You ….” Reyl stared intently at the figure who had just arrived.

The vampire's appearance was gut-wrenching. His body was wrapped in a red cloak that couldn't cover the bulging of his burly muscles. His hair was jet black, and slicked back. A pair of slanted eyes, with the outer corners drawn upwards. His nose is bent down.

"Ewed Grav ...." Loof growled.

The vampire named Ewed grinned, displaying a row of pointed teeth.

"I'm not good with small talk, except with,"—Ewed flashed back—"my claws!"

This time Reyl and Loof were ready for the attack. A streak of blue light shot through Reyl, while Loof spun like a wheel, and rolled toward Ewed.

"Don't think weak magic can fight me!" Ewed screamed while dodging both attacks.

The blue light missed the target, and hit a large tree. Instead of being disappointed, Reyl smiled. However, Ewed's cooing, made him oblivious to Reyl's expression.

"It's the end of the—aargh!" Ewed shouted, being hit by a large tree trunk from behind.

"Hah!" screamed Loof, delighted.

"Not yet, Loof," said Reyl, watching the tree trunk move before it finally fell apart.

"Do you know why my name is Ewed Grav?" asked Ewed, who had just appeared. "Because I can control gravity, so the tree trunk feels light to me. Hahaha!"

Louisa who had been watching, was secretly afraid. Vampires are really scary. Hopefully Snow and Ted finish it soon.

"Hmm ..., it's actually easy to beat a beast without a Master, like you guys. But I enjoy the feeling of being afraid of my opponents the most."

"We will not be afraid of you, Ewed!" Loof exclaimed.

"I know you guys are fearless, even if your lives are in danger. But ...." Ewed stopped his sentence, and glanced at Louisa. "What if I tore the girl into pieces?!" 

Ewed shot so fast, that the two beasts didn't even have time to budge. In the blink of an eye, his claws were already in Louisa's presence.

"No!" screamed Lori. Just then the memories of Ryos flashed, awakening the power within her. "I must not waste dad's sacrifice! I must not die! No!" 

From her body came a burst of light that blew Ewed a dozen meters away.

The incident left Loof stunned. "Oh, my God! What power is that?"

"It's true, what was prophesied to her." Reyl walking over to Lori who was panting. "We can't waste time. The explosion couldn't kill Ewed."

Once Loof and Louisa were on Reyl's back, he immediately dashed through the trees. Not long, because their destination is not far from the battle ground. Reyl stopped in his tracks in the middle of the snow-covered meadow.

"Get down," Reyl said.

"What are we here for?" asked Louisa.

Instead of answering, Reyl spoke words that were foreign to Louisa's ears. "Averium Zorta."

The ground trembled, then pushed rocks from the ground which slowly arranged into dozens of steps. At the end of the stairs appeared a purple halo that glowed brightly.

"This is the portal that will lead us to Spirit Land," Reyl explained, "we can't enter together, because the energy pressure will increase according to the body weight of the dimensional traveler. When we get there, we will appear in random areas, so we will be separated for a while. Loof."

Loof nodded, then walked up the stairs until he was in front of the portal. But he did not pass immediately, and looked back with a sad expression. Many years living in the human world with Ryos, of course made his heart heavy to leave this element.

"Goodbye Ryos," he muttered under his breath, then jumped into the portal, out of sight.

Just as Louisa was about to walk, Reyl suddenly stopped her. "Wait, Lou. When we get there, we will separate until the time comes we will meet again. Remember my message, love is the main source of power. That's why you were able to emit a burst of light."

"Is it dangerous there, that I need to know magic?"

Reyl smiled. "Spirit Land is the safest place, but you'll need it later. Go now, before Ewed catches up to us."

"Okay." Louisa climbed the stairs until she reached a portal, then jumped into it.

After seeing Louisa disappear, Reyl felt relieved. 

Lou, you are indeed the prophesied child, but your appearance is a sign of impending disaster, Reyl thought, then ran towards the portal.

Louisa spun around in the tomb of the dimension room. Her head felt dizzy, her muscles seemed to squeeze. Not long after, Louisa slid out of the hole, then fell to the ground. Her eyes were still spinning, the contents of his stomach seemed to be churning.

"Hoook!" Louisa threw up several times, until her nausea subsided.

"Hah! You must have never crossed the dimension room to Spirit Land."

Louisa looked up, standing in front of her was a boy of the same age with blonde hair. His body is thin and tall. The clothes he wore were strange, with contrasting colors—green and red—a metal hat with tiny wings attached to the side, and a dwarf shoe with a pointed tip.

"I'm Pid," the boy said, holding out his hand. He grabbed Louisa's hand to help her up. "What's your name?"

"Louisa Marell," Louisa answered, nervously.

"You have a strange name," Pid muttered, "you'll definitely want to enroll in Ethrall Academy. Come on!" 

Pid grabbed Louisa, leading her toward the towering gate.

Louisa looked around. Around her many children of the same age lined up in front of a long table. "What line is this?"

"Registration course, Louisa," Pid replied.

They are at the back of the queue. After a long wait, it was finally their turn. The female attendant greeted them with a barrage of questions. 

"What's your name, how old are you, and what's your magic?" asked the clerk, ready to take notes.

"I'm Pid Weid, sixteen years old, master of electric magic." Pid answered with a big smile.

The clerk took notes for a moment, then turned to Louisa. "You?"

"Eh ...."

"She's Louisa Marell, about the same age as me, mastering vomit magic." Pid interrupted, seeing that Louisa was nervous.

"Where is magic like that?!"

"Ah, if you don't believe it, Louisa can put it into practice." Pid turned to Louis. "She wants to see your ma—"

"Eh, no need." The officer hastily took notes. "You can come in now."

"Come on." Pid led Louisa to the gate.

"Pid, thanks for helping me earlier."

"It's okay. I thought you'd be angry, because I said you are good at vomiting magic."

"There's no way I'm angry. I'm confused, because I don't master magic," said Louisa.

Pid was taken aback, then looked at Louisa for a moment. "You're kidding."

"I said what—"

"We're almost there. Don't forget to show the stamp on your arm." Pid interupted.

"Stamp?"

"Oh, my God! You know nothing about Spherone Academy." Pid tugged at the sleeve, and showed the logo on his sleeve. "This stamp appears automatically when we have finished registering."

Louisa nodded, then pulled her sleeves up. "You're right."

"Show the logo to the gatekeeper."

"Okay." Louisa nodded, lowering her sleeves.

When they arrived at the gate, they were allowed to enter after showing the stamp. After that the gate shook, then shifted to the side, revealing an amazing sight. Especially for Louisa, who had only been in the Alaska Mountain before.

"Wow ...." Louisa's eyes widened, amazed at the sight she was witnessing.

Green meadows, spread out like rugs decorated with emeralds. Flowers of various kinds, and colors are scattered in the gardens. Beautiful insects also beautify the scenery of Spherone Academy. However, among all the beauties, there are those that fascinate Louise the most, namely the talking trees. The trees stood beside the road, as well as the gardens. They waved branches, while greeting people who passed by.

"Those trees are so friendly, Pid."

Pid glanced over. "Ah, they're boring. Come on, quicken your pace. We have to gather in the field."

They mingled in the ranks of prospective students. At the front of the line stood the teachers. Among them, there was someone who stood out the most. The person was a woman of about forty years old. Her hair is purple and tied up. The face is square, with a stiff angle in the jaw. Her eyes were droopy, and his pupils were purple. His nose is sharp, and flat. Her lips are thin and colored purple. The woman was wearing a silver robe that was long enough to touch the floor. Her appearance was very dignified.

With just a quick glance, Louis could conclude that the woman was the leader of Spherone Academy. An MC's call confirms the truth of her conjecture. "To open this event, as Head of the Academy, Madam Viltz will give a speech!"

The whole audience applauded, as Madam Viltz ascended the pulpit. Madam Viltz stood, looking around the line of prospective students. The corners of his lips lifted before starting to speak. "Variya Za!"

"Zha Varium!" The audience answered her greeting.

In a calm voice, Madam Viltz began her speech, "Spherone Academy. The school built by Spherone Meer is the best in Spirit Land. Not only because of its magical lessons, but also because of its glorious history. Spherone Academy has produced many legendary warriors. Vreij , Shlik, Ney, Eiv, Jann, Yanutta, and ...."

"Maya," Pid murmured.

"Maya Reef!"

Audience were clapping loudly.

To be continue

Author's thoughts: I'm considering making side-stories about the history of the splitting of one dimension into three dimensions; and the beginning of the conflict of the three races. Please wait for the update.

2