Sweet Escape: Part II
187 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noticing how the passengers were glancing at us, she faltered and hurried off the bus. From there, only a few minutes' walk to inspection, our tickets have already been verified, so all we have to do is wait.

 

Noticing how the passengers were glancing at us, she faltered and hurried off the bus. From there, only a few minutes' walk to inspection, our tickets have already been verified, so all we have to do is wait. 

 

The plane is scheduled to take off in half an hour, Sensei dashes off to a beverage store. Observing her actions, she seems to be pondering over which drinks to buy. Resting a finger on the bottom left corner of her red lips looks... so cute. Until she smiles and appears to have made a decision. Walking back, she handed me a bottle.

 

"Is apple juice fine, Reina-chan?"

 

"Oh yeah, thanks Sensei... A half- hour wait. It's not too bad."

 

"I know right. But since I'm with you, every second counts!"

 

"...uh, you seem to be enjoying this runaway trip eh?"

 

"Of course! What could be more fun than being with you, Reina-chan."

 

Ten minutes left, we decided to prepare our luggage. What would happen if we didn't catch up to the schedule? That'd be a shock.

Hastily leaving our seats, we made our way to the plane. This is my first time... I'm suddenly getting nervous, I couldn't hide the sweat dripping down my brow. I don't particularly have a fear of heights, but the first time takes its toll. This would be fine. When Sensei sensed my hesitation, she immediately grabbed my hand. With a flushed face, I followed her lead and we went inside. 

Inside the plane, Sensei walked through to find a seat assigned to us. Few minutes passed, sensei came to a halt and waved her hand sideways, cuing me to take a seat. After we sat, a staff member placed our luggage above a small closet designed for it. From here it will take us nearly two hours, I still don't have an idea where Sensei's lodging was located, so I'll just wait for her to mention it since I don't really want to bother.

"Is this your first time flying, Reina-chan?"

"Eh?! uh-... Yeah... Is that bad?" 

"Not at all, I was worried you were faltering, I thought you were hesitating and didn't want to run away with me." 

Ruining away with you already sounds bad but yeah, it always takes a first time.

"I wouldn't, but it always takes a first try, at least for me. Despite the fact that my parents work abroad, I never accompany them."

It'd take them months, possibly more than a year overseas. Until that point I became accustomed to not being around them. I've grown up by myself. Sometimes, I used to wonder, if they loved me, why wouldn't they stay a bit longer, but as I've grown older, I've come to understand how the world works. It only takes you a bit of maturity. I was living before with a maid, she took care of me for three whole years until she left to marry. From that point, it was depressing but I was happy she found someone.

As the plane begins to take off, a loud noise can be heard. It only lasts for minutes before we're off the air. Feeling glimpses from my left side, I turned to ask.

"What?" 

"Hmm... Just happy I'm getting a lot of your first time, Reina-chan."

"Is that so..."

"I'll show you a lot more so make sure to prepare yourself."

".... I do feel something bad when you say that."

"Like what...?" 

I could feel my face flushed as she asked that. She's being unfair.  So, to avoid it, I shifted my glances to the other side. I could see nothing at all, clouds were blocking my view from below. Everything was completely cloaked in darkness.

Recalling what has happened so far, I feel anxious. I wonder what kind of action Kimizuki-sensei's family would take. Running off like that would leave a bad impression that would harm her family's reputation. I doubt they'd just sit back and let it happen. The extent of the damage would be determined by how long sensei intended to flee. Nonetheless, the source for this anxiety was... I had a fleeting impression that sensei would leave my side. I feel like this would be her final wish before fulfilling her responsibilities to her family. I'm beginning to have serious doubts that she will abandon me in the end.

Sensei reclining on her seat, she continues her slumber. She must be exhausted. I don't feel sleepy in particular, rather I couldn't stop fussing about possibilities. I'd be relieved if it was all in my head but... What if reality made a joke and it came true? Letting out a sigh, I dozed off and rested my whole body. 

An hour passed and we arrived at the airport. The airplane juggled while attempting to land, which made me dizzy. Turning sideways a few times till they reached a certain point where passengers were supposed to get off. Following sensei's lead, walking down the stairs to exit the plane. The sky is completely murky, we won't be able to reach the vacation house that sensei mentioned, so staying at a hotel would be preferable.

"9 p.m. and it looks like we wouldn't be able to reach my vacation house, so staying at a hotel is much safer. It would be risky  to wander around so let's hurry and check-in."

Agreeing with her, we both reached a decision. It wouldn't be wise to continue our travel at this hour just on our own. She wouldn't dare put me in danger as some bad stuff was likely to happen at night. Kimizuki-sensei suddenly approached a woman dressed as a flight attendant, who smiled friendlyly and asked for directions, so I followed suit.

"A good hotel is located 15 minutes away from the airport. It accommodates passengers and due to its huge capacity, it rarely gets fully booked and just on certain occasions. I'm confident you'd get a room. Upon leaving the airport, there are a few taxi lines where you can get a ride outside. The name of the hotel is ----" 

Answered with a client's face speaking to her customer, a sense of professionalism, or somehow familiar at such a point.

"That's Lovely! Thank you so much. Reina-chan we got a room!"

I'm a little concerned about how she said that, I wonder why... Couldn't find the opportunity to ask so I gave up. Walking for minutes, we encountered only a few passengers so checking out of the airport went smoothly. The airport was spacious and giving a comfortable feeling, with wide hallways and few security scans providing passengers with enough space and assurance of safety.

Exiting the airport, a line of few taxis could be seen. So this is what the flight attendant was referring to. As she approaches them, sensei turns to ask a driver. Upon saying the hotel's name, the driver  expressed a strong sense of familiarity and our destination was secured. 

Riding the taxi lasted exactly 15 minutes, in front of us, a skyscraper building, an enormous height giving me dizziness. With lights lit up on every floor, it overwhelms me. At my side, I could hear sensei giggling as she closed her eyes a bit, which is cute... 

"You look like a country bum, Reina-chan." 

Forming a pout on my face even made her giggle louder. Since I rarely leave my apartment, experiences like these were all new. I couldn't help to get a sense of unfamiliarity. 

"Let's go in now since it's getting colder outside." 

"Humpf... Alright." 

Even though I'm scowling, her sweet smile is unfair. Every time I see it, it makes me blush. How could she leave me such an impact? Glancing at her, I feel ecstasy flowing through me. 

Walking ahead and entering the hotel, you'll easily notice that it's wide inside. The lodging is too vast, and would be able to accommodate tons of customers perhaps on busy days. Plenty of seats around, preferably since waiting can't be avoided during peak hours. A huge chandelier at the ceiling emitting yellow lights, with a true sense of luxury. The two employees at the lounge, wearing such fine, and distinctive uniforms, gave off a first-class air. I wonder how much you need to afford a night here. As my gaze wandered, sensei hastily walked towards them to inquire. 

 

"Good evening, are you looking for a room, ma'am?"

 

"A room, yes."

 

"We have available rooms. So, a two-person room? We have rooms with two beds If you prefer?" 

Speaking politely, the employee calmly explained the availability of rooms. To clarify, I prefer the two beds for one room, since it's safer if we stay in the same room, but 

"We need a room with only one bed." 

Eh?! What did I just hear? Does she plan to do something here!  Knowing her personality I can't allow such a thing to happen!

"Uhm... Sensei...?"

Not only was I stuttering, but so was the female employee who had heard such an outrageous statement. The air was cold, and sensei was being dominant, I couldn't go against her. I have a bad feeling about this.

"No buts! And that is final. We're sharing a room!" 

"Uh... Yeah, it's available and the cost would be..." 

"I'll pay with this card. A stay for one night." 

"Uh... Yes! On it." 

Where's my opinion here? This is bad! Ugh... Never I could win over her. I hope the aftermath of this night won't render me incapacitated. Tonight, when we're supposed to rest, will not be a peaceful one. Having such thoughts, I surrendered and followed suit another employee leading us to our room. 

 

The hallways speak of luxury, with expensive looking chandeliers adorning, beautiful paintings adorning the walls, carpets near each door and a sense of elegance, contrary to that I was the only one who felt overwhelmed and everything seems completely natural to Kimizuki-sensei. She's used to this kind of life since her family is wealthy,I wonder how Sensei lived her life before she met me... Thinking of that I couldn't help but get engulfed by a strange gloomy feeling, filling my heart every second that passes.

 

11