Chapter 3: Maple-leaf Academy
392 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ DING!! Congratulations to the host for enduring the memory assimilation procedure.]

"Hey Aina, you wanna explain to me why you didn't tell me that THE PROCEDURE WAS GONNA HURT SO MUCH!

[...]

"SAY SOMETHING YOU SADISTIC FUCK!"

[The host never bothered to ask whether the procedure would be painful or not.]

 Several minutes and four bloodied knuckles later...

"Okay Aina,*sigh* please use the 5x multiplier on my 25 attributes points from the starter gift box."

 Disregarding the lingering pain in his right hand, Ray's eyes sparkled at the sight of 125 attributes points waiting to be distributed. With these, he could finally start improving his abysmal stats.

From the memories of his host body, he discovered that the mob he's inhabiting has the same name as him. However, his body's current condition is far from ideal. After all; how is he supposed to live a decent life when he's overweight, got no stamina, and most shockingly; less sex appeal than a 'sea-pickle'.

The cause of his less-than-stellar figure was none other than his doting parents. Since apparently, they had never taught past Ray about the concept of all things in moderation.

Another thing he found in old Ray's memories was that he was a student at Maple-leaf Academy in Maple-leaf city; the primary backdrop of the game and the main protagonist's soon-to-be stomping ground.

Ray was a qualified otaku in his previous life, so obviously he was already acquainted with the game itself. Except for uh, one little detail; the game had yet to be released to the public. Which meant that he'd be forced to go off of his knowledge of the game's trailers and old Ray's memories. With all that in mind, Ray mentally steeled himself; he knew that this world would likely be his new permanent reality. And that, unlike a game, reality can be a whole lot more depressing and unpredictable.

"Aina, please transfer 100 attributes points into my charm stat and put the rest into stamina."

Ray knew that in this world, someone with a pretty face would likely have an inherent advantage, so he put most of his attribute points into charm hoping that it would give him a headstart.

[ DING !!! The host wishes to distribute 100 points to charm and 25 points to stamina. Confirm Y/N]

Ray agreed instantly without thinking, only to realize his blunder a second later. Gaining 100 charm points would likely make him more handsome than most of the boys in this school, but his current body has the physique of a bowling ball. Making the current him handsome definitely seemed like it would have some rather painful implications.

"Aina, would the process of adding 100 charm points be painful?"

[Perhaps]

"Perhaps, WHAT DO YOU MEAN PERHA--AHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGGGGG."

The process lasted a grueling 2 hours, and when it finally concluded; the physique of the 'old' Ray was nowhere to be seen. In his place laid a young man drenched in sweat. His height had increased to around 180cm and his previously corpulent figure had become comparatively thin. Meanwhile, his facial features had become more distinct and could now rival the likes of one of those Korean idols that Western women would die for.

 

" Hahahahahahahahaha, never in a thousand lives did I believe I'd get the chance to be this handsome. "

[ Congratulations to the host for surviving the charm transformation. A new quest has been unlocked, confirm quest selection? ]

"Hmmm, whatever; open it up."

[ Mission: Reach the school grounds before the deadline. ]

[ Rewards: 5 points, 5 attributes points]

[ Penalty: The host will lose access to their vocal cords for 72 hours. ]

[ Time remaining: 29:10]

" The rewards seem pretty standard. But what's the deal with that penalty though?."

Ray was somewhat puzzled by the system's odd taste in mission penalties.

[ DING!! The system recommends that the host stops wasting time and quickly makes their way towards Maple-leaf Academy. ]

Ray was about to open his mouth to make a retort, however this time he knew that Aina was right. The clock was ticking and he honestly didn't feel like being an involuntary mute for the next three days.

Ray hastily got ready and made his way out of the front door of his suburban home.

Twenty minutes later, he arrived at the front gate of Maple-leaf academy. The school itself was pretty sizeable and was widely known as a place where the wealthy and influential sent their children.

In the trailer, the protagonist was bullied because he came from a poor background with a scholarship. However, the 6 heroines end up helping him to stop the bullies and 'coincidentally' fall in love with him during this process.

"This whole plot seems a bit too cliche, don't you think?"

[The system cares not about how cliched you believe the plot to be; finish the quest you have been assigned.]

Ray scoped out the area around the front gate and spotted a peculiar-looking girl seemingly standing guard just beside it.

She had long black hair which complimented her violet-hued eyes. Her skin was as white as snow, yet it somehow managed to retain a healthy vibrancy. However, the most peculiar thing about her was the School-council badge embroidered on her left uniform sleeve.

Emi Eleanore; one of Super-Duper Love Plus Ultra's six main heroines and acting student council president of the Maple-leaf academy.

7