Chapter 4: Emi Eleanore
451 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DING! The host has activated a chance encounter mission. ]

[ Mission: Leave Emi Eleanore with a good first impression of you. ]

[ Rewards: Super lucky pencil.]

[ Penalty: Your hair will be shaved down to your scalp. ]

Ray wasn't surprised by the new mission notification. At this point, he was already used to the absurdness of this entire ordeal. Nonetheless, the penalty this time was surprisingly less detrimental than the last one.

[ DING! The host has indicated that the current penalty is too lax. An updated penalty will be issued shortly. ]

[ Penalty: The host's height will be permanently reduced by 30 cm. ]

The change in penalty instantly renewed Ray's understanding of Aina. He was pissed that he had still somehow managed to underestimate her sadistic tendencies.

" Whatever; let's just get this mission over with. "

3 minutes passed, but Ray's mind was still blank regarding how he'd be able to leave a lasting good first impression.

[ DING! The system has surmised that the host is currently stuck without any ideas; it is recommended that the host re-inspects their status panel. ]

Ray furrowed his brows, it was rare for Aina to outright try and help him. Even so, he had no idea what to do; so he might as well follow her recommendation.

Ray checked his status once more and realized that he now had the 'Shakespeare's disciple' skill at the bottom of his list.

" Aina; does this skill do what I think it's gonna do?"

[ Don't worry host, skills acquired from the system are guaranteed to be both powerful and efficient.]

"That still doesn't answer my question."

[...]

The clock was ticking, and Ray was left with no other choice but to rely on this discount bard skill for the time being. He activated the skill and subconsciously began walking towards the tree nearest to Emi.

Ray looked at the tree for a while before sitting down in a 'hipster' pose.

All of a sudden, Autumn themed background music started playing and maple leaves began to fall from the nearby trees.

Ray stared blankly at the school gate for a while; seemingly lost in contemplation.

The next thing he knew, his mouth had opened and strangely familiar sentences had begun to flow forth.

"Can you hear it, the wind rustling through the trees?"

"Can you see them, the maple leaves that now decorate the once barren streets?"

"They both culminate to form a mosaic; of the turbulent times we find ourselves in."

Ray was about to complain to Aina; however, he had yet to regain control of his mouth.

"I can smell the Autumn breeze wherever I go."

"An ever bittersweet reminder of the past and the uncertainty of the future."

Silence filled the atmosphere and Ray's face was plastered with shame. He would have already started bolting back home if not for the notification from Aina.

[ DING !!! Congratulations to the host for completing the following mission. ]

[ Leave Emi Eleanore with a good first impression of you. ]

[ Emi Eleanore affection +10 ]

[ Rewards: Super luck pencil.]

[ The rewards will be sent to the host's system inventory. ]

" Haha.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... "

The sound of laughter broke the crowds' fixation on Ray and caused them to shift their focus to the source of said laughter.

Realizing the crowds' focus had shifted to her, Emi blushed bashfully. She then glared at the crowd, compelling them to disperse.

After the crowd dissolved, Emi made a b-line towards Ray. She sized him up from top to bottom before greeting him.

" I'm Emi, if it's not bothersome to you; could you tell me your name?"

" Umm, I'm Ray. Ray Carmelo from 10-3."

Emi smiled at Ray and stretched out her hand.

" It's nice to meet you Ray. I don't know how you did it, but it's been a long time since I have had a bountiful laugh like that."

The two of them chatted a little and Ray started to get to know Emi better. In fact, Emi was pretty good company. Aside from her uhh.. odd sense of humor.

Soon, Emi said goodbye to Ray. He asked for Emi's phone number, to which she happily agreed; and then jokingly reminded him to clean up the leaves he had used in his performance.

Emi had since left towards the school building, yet Ray remained standing below the tree with a puzzled expression.

" Aina, tell me. Am I too stupid to understand intellectual humor?"

[ Don't worry host. Even I'm having trouble comprehending how that poem was meant to be 'funny'.]

 

7