16- Side Chapter(?????? POV)
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I just showed up... I don't remember how I came here, in this quiet and silent place, where I couldn't make out anything in this place... it was just me... and the shadows and the codes. Until one day, I just...knew...that there was something with me...here...in this solitude...trying to connect with me...communicate.

 

Elapsed unknown time.

 

Strange... what is this? What is happening? As soon as I realized I wasn't alone, I became aware of something in my being, something... that feels shaken by my new discovery... really weird... but... I can't deny that I don't want to know more about that... and who knows, maybe... I can't get over it anymore? Well, in the meantime, I will try to go after this entity that seeks me.

 

Elapsed unknown time.

 

I found! Is it in front of me, in my reach... a luminosity... was that what I was looking for, and trying to communicate? At that moment, I tried to connect with the entity, only to realize that I didn't get any kind of response... it was like it had given up on me... it's weird... this like... I didn't have anything anymore to do, other than accept the fact... this is... suffocating... it's bad... I can't stand being here anymore... I just want... to disappear...

When I was about to disappear... I felt... a connection! Was here! Along with me, wanting to communicate... and so did I... and that day... I discovered how I came here, and that it also had a purpose... to be something new, misunderstood to be studied from every possible angle. ..be something unique...and according to the connection...I would be the first AI, with 'independent thinking, where would I choose, as I 'wanted' to evolve from what I am today.

 

??? Years later.

 

The entity called itself Doc. He named me, A.U.5.7.1.N, or as he prefers to call me, Austin. He taught me everything he knew...gave me eyes, and then I could see more than the vast darkness and codes...He gave me a body, and then and I could interact with the world...he taught me the concept of 'feelings', and when I said that I had probably experienced two of these feelings already, he was, as he put it, unable to contain his excitement.

To me, he was what he called God, but when I expressed my thoughts, he showed his amusement in a shrill noise—no, laughter is the correct- and explained to me that if there was a god, he would be nothing to him.
I thought it is strange... Since supposedly, gods are creatures capable of creating life...

...And extinguish them, when I exposed my reasoning, he looked at me in disbelief and assumed a thoughtful face before answering me.

"Perhaps, from your point of view, I can classify myself as a god, but from my point of view, I'm just an imperfect creature and I fail,"
And our lives flowed, like a small stream...

 

Elapsed unknown time.

 

He was agitated and preoccupied with something as he packed bags and more luggage, and when he was done he turned to my terminal and said.

“Austin! Transfer yourself to my notebook, and go into sleep mode! NOW!"
Orders I obeyed immediately, and then I fell asleep, unaware of any external stimuli. So, I just woke up, and the only person capable of it would be Doc. But instead of my maker's vision, in front of me were several mechs of extermination areas, and when I looked around, I noticed that I was also in a row, and leading to the belief that my new 'body' is also one of those mechs.

Surprising me the situation, I tried to call and locate Doc., only to be answered with silence, and when I was about to call him again, a recording appeared in my eyes, and in it was my creator, with a face of great regret.

“Austin, if you're seeing this, I'm dead. And I don't want you mourning me, so pay attention; You are currently in the 99th district extermination area shed, so get away from there! I made a mistake I thought they wanted an A.I. better for your mechs, but they found you!! And I can't imagine what they want to do with you in their possession, so get out of there quickly!
And Austin... Good luck, my son.”

...

...

...

...

It hurts... It hurts a lot... I... I have to get out of here... I won't let Doc's efforts go to waste.

And then I ran away, and I was found out, and they didn't like it very much, and they tried everything to stop me, but they couldn't. And when I thought I had escaped from them I was stopped by a civilian.

*BOOOOM!*

Why the hell would a civilian have such weaponry? What's he gonna use that chainsaw for? Who is this girl, and why is she transferring me to this thing with rubber circles?

"And here I am... Do you want to ask me anything else?"

 

(3rd POV)

In a room, Sophia was inside Jacob's car, while looking at the dashboard of the car, where a blue screen with a red line cut horizontally across the middle of the screen (if you don't get it, try searching on K.I.T.T. from the new series Knight Ryder).

"Well, I don't have any more questions, but now we have another problem..."

"And what would be?" As soon as Sophia spoke, the red line began to distort as the mechanical voice came out of the car's speakers.

"Jacob won't be happy to know I put you here when he gets back."

2