01 – In that darkness, I opened my eyes.
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Once I opened my eyes, I saw endless darkness around me and a carpet of numerous stars blinking. Under me, I could sense the feeling of touching the water surface. The ripples before me say that beneath me is water but I don't sink no matter what I do. Except for the feeling of my hands passing through the water, nothing else happened.

I wanted to lay down but before I could fall flat, a soft feeling was felt behind me. Like falling on soft cotton. Reaching out my hand behind me I grabbed soft slightly cold and smooth cotton. When I looked back I saw a bit of an inclined bed made of clouds. It was a mysterious sight, but it made me happy. I stood up and laid on those clouds. I feel myself slightly sinking. Moving my hands within the bed of clouds, I was able to find a blanket, a smooth but thick silk blanket, and covered myself. I fell asleep instantly after that.

 

Hei Xueyue murmured before falling asleep. "Later... I'll think. Sleep now."

 

...

 

Once Hei Xueyue woke up. He was once again welcomed by the same scenery of endless black carpet with stars. Looking around to see something different he saw a glowing black ball near his foot. It was glowing with a dull light blinking slowly as if to match something breathing. Xueyue stares at the ball with a frown as it’s an unknown object. Taking his time to gather his courage, Xueyue reached his foot out and kicked the glowing ball away from his bed.

 

KICK!

 

He heard it yelp in pain. Its voice sounds like a little baby boy.

 

[Owie~ hurts~ Why did the master hit me? wuwuwu~ 😭]

 

The kicked black ball suddenly grew small bat wings behind it. It flew on the air wanting to approach Hei Xueyue but was afraid of the pain after he got kicked. The creature just flew and hovered in front of him but didn't dare to land. Only then Xueyue saw the creature's appearance. A ball-shaped black creature with small red bat wings. Small devil horn on its head. A pair of white circular eyes with a pair of red brows. It's obvious that this creature is a cute being that can only be found in books or anime. A Chibi character. It’s a living plushie of a little devil. So cute.

 

Hei Xueyue, despite his liking for cute things, didn't dare to reach out towards the adorable creature.

 

"Who are you?"

 

[Master, I am your guide and support. I was created when my master woke up in this space.]

 

"Where am I?"

 

[This is the master's space. After the master died, with your accumulated good karma the Gods had given you another option instead of reincarnation. This option is to work for the nether system as a world hopper. In short a staff member. Well~ you see the wife of the Lord God in the Nether System loves interesting so he made the staff working in the Nether System play as actors in trial worlds. These trial worlds would be recorded in used for the trial grounds for the prisoners. The actor's task is to check the plot and make a detailed report of the chosen role the actor would act as.]

 

"Nether System. World Hopper. I see them in the danmei novels I've read. So those are real. What's the difference between reincarnation and world-hopping?"

 

[Reincarnation means master will enter a new cycle of life in another world. While world-hopping is a chance of ascension. ]

 

"Will I get paid regularly? Is there a starter pack?"

 

[Yes, master. In every world, master completed you will be able to receive points as rewards according to its level.

 

World Class

F - 1 000 (green)

E - 2 000 (blue)

D - 3 000 (purple)

C - 5 000 (silver)

B - 10 000 (gold)

A - 50 000 (red)

S - 100,000 (black)

 

Master's starter pack was given. First is me. I am a customized AI with the ability to think and have feelings. I'm like a pet avatar that can converse with a master. I'm also equipped with the ability to monitor, record, and accept commands from my master.]

 

"No wonder you look so smart and humanlike. So different from those systems in the books that it acts rigid and annoying," said Xueyue with a small smile on his face and reached out to the glowing ball, taking it to his arms. "I will give you a name. You will follow my surname Hei and be my little guardian to stay by my side Jianmo. Hei Jianmo, this will be your name from now on and I will be your family."

 

[Hei Jianmo. Jianmo! Thank you for the name master!]

 

"Um. I will call you Momo. What are the rest of the starter pack?" Asked Xueyue while touching the cute one's fluffy head.

 

[😊... Master, we are given 10 000 pts. 5 Beautifying pills, 10 Healing Pills, and 3 things you want to get. It’s like a wish.]

 

"3 things I want to have? Let's use that."

 

[Okay, master! What do you want?]

 

"First I want to customize this space to my liking. I want a small mansion with mixed modern and ancient Chinese architecture and furniture. A garden of wisteria and lavender in the north. A cherry blossom and rose garden in the south. Surround the place with trees. A vegetable garden and orchard at east and west. By the way, is there wifi here? Should be this is a system world. That will be my first wish."

 

[Master the system space customization is in progress at 10% at the moment.]

 

"It will take a while ha? Then I've thought of a second wish already. This wish is something related to you Momo. I know systems like you are under the reins of the main system only when your host is willing to take you with him when he completes his goals that you are able to receive an identity. I no longer have memories of my past life. All I remember is my name and I've died before coming here. I don't have family or friends. I can no longer return to my late world. This place is my new home. My second wish is that. I want to give you an identity but... I don't know if you are willing to be adopted by me. Do you want to be my family? I don't know if I will get married in the future, but I will give you my vow... no matter what if you accept you shall be my first child." said Hei Xueyue.

 

[...... Sobs. Wuwuwu~ master I agree! (┬┬﹏┬┬)]

 

Momo didn't know what the future would bring. He knew his master was lonely. His master might go back to his words when he got his own family but for now, he is willing to believe his master who spoke to him asking instead of doing it without permission. Hei Jianmo is willing to bet for the future where he could live happily with his master and his family.

 

Hei Xueyue smiled. "Good. Starting today Momo is my first child! So, for the last wish, I should get you your own body."

 

When Momo heard his master's words he panicked for the first time,

 

[Master. Wait! Master don't. My body could be bought with points. You should instead get an independent identity in the Nether System. This option can also be paid with points but it's extremely expensive. Only those who have a standing of God King had this identity. With an independent identity, the master could control his time. Could control when he wanted to enter worlds and the OOC option could be turned off. Master, please wish for an independent identity. We can just accumulate points for my body slowly. I'm not in a hurry to have a body. I haven't found a body I want yet either.]

 

"Independent Identity? For what?"

 

[This will allow you to have a personal identification which would separate you from the prisoners and warden in the Nether System. It would be bad news if the master was mistaken as a prisoner. They have lots of restrictions after all.]

 

Patting his little furry ball's head with a smile, "Okay. Let's do that. In exchange, you are free to use the points to upgrade yourself or buy what you want in the mall."

 

Momo's round body jumps around Xueyue's lap in agreement. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

[Master I've requested your independent identity and my identity card. We can wait for it to be approved by those in above. Master, we don't know how long we have to wait for the house and the identity cards. Do you wish to enter an F Class World? ]

 

"That I don't mind but you will go with me right?" asked Hei Xueyue.

 

[Of course, Master! Momo will always be here to support you. Master I will show you the Space Interface connected to the Main System's Mission List for F Class Worlds.]

 

Once Momo said that a holographic screen appeared in front of Hei Xueyue. Giving him a grid view of the mission under F Class worlds. Countless Green Card missions can be seen on his screen. Reading through it, Xueyue noticed that most of the F Class worlds were under the modern genre. He saw one different genre which is the ghost world. The Mission Card for it was silver. It was a C Class world.

 

"Momo, how about this mission? We're supposed to be browsing through the Green Card Mission. Why would a silver card appear here?"

 

[Master, this is an invitation for you to join a mission to be done as a pair. This yin-yang emblem signifies two actors entering the same world. In this case, it’s a Supernatural World. The sender is Night Wind.]

 

"I don't know him. Why would he send me a mission card?"

 

[Let me check, master. Hm~ it seems he sent them to all newcomers. I've checked the information on Night Wind. He is an independent actor like a master. A veteran actor who was tasked this time by the Main System to guide newcomers. He must have sent the mission card and had chosen to guide only one newcomer to complete his task from the Main system. This person is smart. This way he only needs to guide one person and protect him throughout the mission world while teaching him the reins.]

 

"Isn't it dangerous to go with a stranger to another world?"

 

[Master is right. It is extremely dangerous. Only if you've entered with an actor of unknown origins. Especially world hoppers without independent identity tend to harm those who are independent to steal their points after killing them. But hoppers who received missions directly from the main system could be trusted. They sign a contract of responsibility before the mission is given to them. Going against the contract means the obliteration of the soul. Night Wind is an example of it.]

 

"The reward for completing must be rich as they even accepted the contract rules for possible punishment. Let's see his requirements for a partner first," said Hei Xueyue as he pressed on as the only Silver Card Mission among the greens.

 


Silver Card

World: Supernatural Modern World

Initiator: Night Wind

Identity: Independent

Cultivation: Godking

 

Request: Trainee Actor

Requirements:

  - Newcomer (Duration in MS: 1 to 3 days)

  - Not afraid of ghosts.

  - High Pain Tolerance

  - Not Stupid

  - Not Talkative

  - Not Clingy

  - Not Annoying

 

Taboo:

  - Falling in love with the Initiator.


 

Reading through the contents of the mission, even Hei Xueyue was rendered speechless with what he just read.

 

"Momo... Is there something wrong with this man's brain?"

 

[T-That I don't know. Let me check it for a moment with the main system.]

 

Momo who used his current terminal to ask the Main system about his master's question. After waiting for a while Momo got their answer.

 

[Master his requirements were justified. Night Wind's data was passed to me. According to it,

98% of people who join him for a mission regardless of whether it was a woman, or a man fell in love with him.

50% wished to sleep with him.

30% wished to die for him.

10% wished to kidnap him.

8% want to have babies with him.

2% were people among the normal who are his friends and relatives.

Does the master want Momo to pull out Night Wind's profile before you make a decision?]

 

"Sure. But this surprised me, this is the first time I've learned that most actors in the Main System were lunatics."

 

Momo who pulled Night Wind's Profile hesitated to show it to his master. He had seen those hoppers who had gone crazy for Night Wind when they saw his profile. Momo doesn't wish for his master to end up the same. Hei Xueyue who saw Night Wind's Profile showed no changes on his calm face. His eyes remained indifferent even after seeing Night Wind's captivating handsome face and enchanting smile.

 

Xueyue frowned when he saw the smiling face of the man in the photo. For some reason, his fist is itching to punch the man's face for no reason.

 

[M-Master are you alright?]

 

"He is indeed handsome."

 

[😱 No. No. Master don't fall for him. He is not a good man. He is trying to steal master from Momo. 😣😖😖]

 

"He is so handsome that my fist was itching to punch his face and make him my sandbag. Especially that smiling smugness on his face."

 

Momo, who had seen his master's calm face change to an expression full of disdain and contempt. For some unknown reason, he could feel his master seems to not like the type of Night Wind. Someone who is outgoing and friendly without distinction. His master is an introvert who hates noise and annoyance. No wonder his master doesn't seem to like Night Wind's Type.

 

[Master, should we decline it?]

 

"Decline. I have you to show the ropes. It's not like that joint mission is mandatory. I've already chosen an F-Class world that doesn't seem to be tiring. Let's go choose that."

 

[Master I've declined the invitation from Night Wind, and you have chosen a School Life Romance. Before that is there something the Master wishes to buy from the mall?]

 

"Oh? I actually found one useful. I want that Acting Skill Book."

 

[Acting Skill needs 1000 pts. Does the master want to purchase the skill book?]

 

"Sure~ please upgrade the Acting Skill to Expert level."

 

[Acting Skill upgraded to (Expert). 3 000 points were deducted from the master's points. Master currently has 7 000 pts. Please prepare to enter training. Master doesn't need to worry. It will only equate to a few minutes in this space. 1 minute here is 1 year in training space. I will now open the door for the Training Space. Master, please go ahead.]

 

Hei Xueyue stood up and prepared to leave his space for training. "I'll be back, Momo. Prepare some Iced Mocha Latte for me.”  Xueyue said.

 

[I will, master.]

 

Xueyue entered the training room. While Momo left the space to buy his Master some iced coffee and sweets. This is his first errand outside the jurisdiction of the main system.

1