07 – Professor Moon
9 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Morning.

At the Hospital.

 

As expected, Bai Wanwei came to Hei Xueyue's room with a piece of good news. This big brother of his is punctual. Coming to his room in the morning bringing a tray of breakfast for him.

 

Bai Wanwei, "Yueyue, brother had talked with your doctors. They said that since you've just suffered from the last incident they wanted to observe you first for a week. After that brother will accompany you wherever you want to go. Don't be sad, okay? It's just 7 days. Yueyue"

 

Snow Moon pouted when he heard his brother that he needs to wait 7 more days before getting out of the hospital. But was immediately coaxed when he saw what his elder brother brought for breakfast. Everything on the table was his requests which he told him last night. A single plate with soft and steamy-looking yellow scrambled egg with fried rice hidden inside. This is a genuine Omurice. There was even a small bottle of ketchup for him to use. A plate of octopus-shaped wieners as a side dish. A plate of rabbit-shaped sliced apples for dessert and a cup of hot cocoa. This is an ideal breakfast meal Snow Moon has always liked.

 

Seeing his breakfast, Snow Moon's eyes sparkled. He looked at his elder brother and gave him a genuine smile. This smile is unlike what he gave him yesterday. It was his true smile.

 

"Thank you, Gege," said Snow Moon with a smile.

 

Bai Wanwei was stunned for a moment before he reacted. He reached out his hand and gently caressed his head. He then smiled back at him.

 

Ban Wanwei replied, "Un. Eat well. If you have other requests in the future just tell gege. Gege will give everything you want in this world."

 

His smile is quite blinding as his usual temperament was gone. The coldness and sharpness of his aura disappeared completely at this moment. His smile is so beautiful, like seeing the morning dawn with the sun peeking through the horizons.

 

[Ding! Congratulations, you have completed the task 'Make your brother, Ban Wanwei smile'. Master now has 7050 AP.]

 

Despite the ringing system prompt in his mind, Snow Moon was instead stunned seeing this man's smiling expression on his face. Seeing the visage of his smile some blurred and broken memory fragments returned to him. This is the reason he was left dazed.

 

Seeing his dazed expression, Bai Wanwei worried lightly tapping his cheeks. He could feel the smoothness and softness of that white skin. If not for his paleness and slightly caving cheeks, touching such a soft thing would be quite a feeling.

 

"Yueyue...? Yueyue. Are you alright, Yueyue?" asked Bai Wanwei worriedly.

 

Once Snow Moon returned to normal, he continued his act. "Huh? Sorry gege, I was thinking something just now. If I have more requests in the future I will make sure to tell gege." replied Snow Moon as he had given him a smile. The usual superficial smile.

 

Seeing this Bai Wanwei acted he didn't notice the difference between his first smile to his current smile right now. He took back his hand as his smile also disappeared. Returning to his usual icy demeanor.

 

Ban Wanwei still speaks with a coaxing voice and soft stare when speaking with Snow Moon. "Eat breakfast. Gege will accompany you to your morning walks."

 

"Un. How about gege did you eat?" asked Snow Moon.

 

"Done. I've eaten the leftovers after I cook your part," replied Bai Wanwei.

 

"Gege... Next time... Can you eat with me?"

 

"Okay. Then today I'll eat with you during lunch and dinner, Yueyue."

 

"Um." Snow Moon no longer replied as he began eating his breakfast while beside him his brother continued to stare at him without any intention of hiding his eyes. Snow Moon ignored him as he was used to someone looking at him when eating. For him such a thing is normal.

 

Meanwhile in the place where the female lead and male lead live. Su Xuli is in the kitchen making breakfast but at the same time, she is on her phone shouting at someone from the opposite side.

 

"What do you mean his location cannot be traced? You are saying that when he called yesterday nothing was left!? Someone is erasing his traces, you say. I don't care what you do, just make sure you find that slut's location and send it to me immediately!"

 

Toot!

 

"Tsk! Useless fools~" muttered Su Xuli in her annoyance, not even nothing that just outside the kitchen walls her boyfriend, Ye Shui heard everything. His usual gentle face is now icy as he took his leave.

 

In the middle of the day, Snow Moon took a walk on his own as soon as his elder brother left and went to work. Of course, that brother really joined him for his morning walk which made Snow Moon experience how it feels to walk with an overbearing president. Xueyue knew that this hospital was owned by his family, precisely his elder brother, Bai Wanwei.

 

During their walk, the most staff they passed through had bowed their heads in their presence. If it was only him walking alone the staff would only bow their heads but in the presence of his elder brother, he saw almost everyone even some patients lowered their heads to him not even lifting it until they've walked past them completely. There's even a deafening silence along the way and Snow Moon could even hear his own footsteps making him uncomfortable.

 

This is why he escapes right away as soon as his elder brother leaves for work. He wanted to roam around the hospital to look for a suitable disciple to groom. With his master's level of medicinal arts in modern times, he knew more about futuristic modern medicine. In his world cancer had already been cured. Even then, his special illness from before was considered incurable and in the end, despite all medicinal experiments he did on his body. He still wasn't able to take himself off the Death God's list.

 

"Momo, can I choose anyone I want as my disciple?"

 

[Master can choose who is or who are, will be your disciples as long as the task is completed.]

 

"I see. Then I've already decided. Call that old professor who serves this body. If I remember correctly he should be quite a well-known figure in the field of medicine thanks to Hei Xueyue's teaching." said Snow Moon as he walked towards the hospital's conference room.

 

[Okay. Master.]

 

The conference room is the place where doctors of the hospital gather to talk about their findings and results of everything with regards to Hei Xueyue's illness. It just so happens that today is the day they will gather. Hei Xueyue arrives at the conference room, surprises everyone inside. The doctors were stunned at first, but they bowed their heads and greeted him as soon as they left their dazed state.

 

They've always treated Xueyue with respect. This is because they were frightened by their boss's reaction if they didn't treat this young master well.

 

Hei Xueyue waved his hands nonchalantly to return their greetings. Behind him was a familiar-looking man in their field. The current Father figure of the Medicinal Field. Professor Yi. A famous figure in the science field who is said to discover a new medicine to cure lupus. But Professor Yi never accepted this title of professor.

 

During his awarding ceremony, Professor Yi had announced that the foundation of his discovery never came from him but from someone else. This person is his teacher, a guiding figure. A genius unparalleled in the world but Professor Yi never named this mysterious figure due to certain circumstances.

 

But everyone in the field of medicine knows that aside from Professor Yi, there is someone above him who is much more talented than he does. He calls this person his teacher, his master. The field knows him as Professor Moon. Then within years, they've received countless medical papers that give breakthroughs to their fields. Knew ways and accurate techniques spread from within the field under the guidance of the hidden god of their field.

 

Since then, Professor Moon's name was considered a legend in the field of medicine. This person is only missing the Nobel Prize under his name 

 

Now, this middle-aged, famed professor is following a few steps behind their sickly young master Hei, opening the door for him and closing after him like a faithful servant. They've even watched this famed professor pull out a chair for the young man and respectfully cover him with a blanket as if he has done it many times before.

 

The said young man just accepted the action naturally. The usually kind and sickly young master Hei of theirs no longer smiles at them. Instead, a cold and emotionless face was seen before them. Even the overbearing aura, the young master emits made the group of doctors think that their lord is before them.

 

Xueyue coldly said, "Give Yi my whole medical records."

 

The doctors were stunned at first but their bodies moved instinctively to follow the order of the young masters. With the assistant doctors under them giving Young Master Hei's medical records to Professor Yi.

 

The professor reads the medical records as he continues to read the frown on his face deepens. This old man finally lost it when he finished reading the latest report. Anyone with eyes could see his hand trembling, his face wrinkled in disbelief and fear. His face turned ashen as he looked at the young man who owns the medical report.

 

Professor Yi looked at Hei Xueyue with incredulity on his face, "T-T-This... This is...!!!?"

 

Hei Xueyue's expression remained indifferent as he drank the hot milk tea that was served on the table for him by one of the assistants inside the room.

 

"It's real. Everything written on there is true."

 

"Acute Leukaemia... Stage 4!!!? Master, why didn't you tell me!!?" exclaimed Professor Yi.

 

"Do. Not. Shout." spoke coldly Hei Xueyue.

 

The iciness and pressure from his words shut everyone up inside the room. Making the room fall in deafening silence.

 

"Even if I tell you... What can you do? In this era there is yet no cure for cancer." said Hei Xueyue.

 

Professor Yi bit his lips in silence. After all, he knew too well what his master meant with his words.

 

"The cancer cells in me are a new type which is why after 2 years instead of putting it in control, the current medicine just made things progress much faster. Moreover, I was not willing to live."

 

"......"

 

"It’s already staged 4. Things are completely late for me but... Staying in this hospital for 2 years, I've watched countless cancer patients like me. Elders at the age above 30 and even children that haven't reached adulthood. I've seen them all. Meet with them and sometimes have a small conversation. But they all have one thing in common, they all have hope within their eyes and a gentle smile as if they were not dying."

 

Everyone who is inside the conference room and in the side office was listening to Hei Xueyue's words in silence.

 

"Then I've seen them inside that treatment room bearing endless pain of treatment. Hear them scream out in pain and see their loved ones cry while watching them. I even saw children with bald heads because of the treatment but they still continue to smile."

 

"......"

 

"In the beginning, I've never really cared. After all, I'm in the same boat and they were strangers but... I don't know anymore. I am not afraid of death. It is easy to say that I'm already waiting for it."

 

"......"

 

"Until... Until I saw my brother cry while watching me sleep at night."

 

"......"

 

"Gege is someone who has few emotions. His face rarely changes ever since we were young. But he is kind and caring towards me and... I've never seen him cry like that. I am not stepping in to cure myself. I know I only have half a year left to live. It's already too late for me but...... At least... At the very least I wanted to spend more time with gege. Even extending it for a bit. Just a year. I wanted to live for a year at most and spend my remaining time together with Gege."

 

"......"

 

"I have a very limited time and can only guide you for half of my remaining lifespan. Within 3 months I will give you all the knowledge you need to know and guide you at the most accurate and precise path I know. Under my tutelage, within 5 years at most, you should be able to create a miracle. Are you willing to chase that miracle with me? As my disciples. Professor Moon's Disciples."

 

This time Hei Xueyue finally looked at them. They saw within those silvery orbs the will to live and determination to change his fate. The other doctors were rendered speechless with what they've heard. Especially hearing the identity of their young master before them.

 

'Professor Moon. This Young Master Hei is the Professor Moon!!!?'

 

This was everyone's thought within their minds.

 

Among them, only Professor Yi moved to respectfully salute towards this young man. He has been working under him for many years. He calls him master but never really got accepted all these years. Now Hei Xueyue in his last days is willing to accept someone under his tutelage. He, as his most devoted fan, is not willing to lose this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

 

"This one is willing to move as your hand and foot to catch that miracle. Please use me as you wish Professor Moon no... Master." said Professor Yi.

 

Seeing this the doctors looked at one another before scrambling towards Hei Xueyue and saluted the same way as Professor Yi did.

 

"Waiting for your command, Master."

 

1