08 – Three Months
7 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Once Professor Yi showed proof of Hei Xueyue's identity as Professor Moon, the other doctors' eyes within the room turned fanatical as their eyes sparkled in admiration.

 

Their eyes which usually only showed fake respect now change to fanatical idolizing. With a look of reverence, they listen attentively at the pale young man before teaching them knowledge of modern medicine beyond their current era. What Hei Xueyue is teaching them is science countless times ahead of the current time.

 

He is teaching them basic knowledge of futuristic medicine from his original world but in a roundabout way making these groups of old men think way out of the box themselves with only him guiding them.

 

With his skill in modern medicine at the master level from an SS World. One could say that he could make a cancer cure or medicine to completely clear up the cancer cells within his body but he didn’t do so as his main task is to die in this world.

 

After 3 hours, Hei Xueyue's illness-ridden body finally reached its limit. He can only stop to relieve himself of fatigue. The other within the room noticed that and urged him to rest. 

 

"Please rest, Master."

 

"It is already beyond your body's limits. Take a rest master!" 

 

Hei Xueyue then nods his head as an uncomfortable frown spreads between his brows. 

 

"Un." 

 

Massaging his aching temple for a moment he removed his eyeglasses. 

 

"I will teach at the same time every day for 3 hours within 3 months only. Then I will leave my legacy to Yi and you will learn from him. After a week another group who works for me will come here. You will work together on it. If you have a question you can come to my room to pay a visit." said Hei Xueyue as he suddenly felt his eyes swirl before him. 

 

Everyone inside the room panicked when they saw Hei Xueyue faint but someone else got to him before any of them. It was Bai Wanwei who carried Xueyue within his arms as gently as he could. One could see his helplessness and distress from within his obsidian irises. 

 

The doctors who recognized him stood up and greeted him. 

 

"Greetings my Lord!" 

 

"Noisy." 

 

The coldness and sharpness of Bai Wanwei's voice resounded within the room. Silencing everyone. 

 

"This is Yueyue's choice. I will not stop him with everything he wants to do but... You guys should know what discretion means." said Bai Wanwei before he left with Hei Xueyue in his arms. 

 

Bai Wanwei gave them a sharp glare before he went out of the room. Leaving the others inside the conference room in their own plans. But everyone knew what their lord meant, after all, Bai Wanwei was listening in his office the whole time. 

 

During the discussions, they've asked Hei Xueyue countless questions like naive children. They asked every single minute but Professor Moon still gave them the answer which made him tire more easily than usual. 

 

Professor Yi looked at the door where Bai Wanwei went together with their master. He was forced to keep his silence in Bai Wanwei's presence. As the aura surrounding him made Professor Yi unable to speak freely. It was suppressing and domineering. 

 

Professor Yi, "Is that Master's brother?" 

 

"Yes. He is also the owner of this hospital. They also say that he is one of the richest men in the world."

 

"I see," replied Professor Yi with a knowing expression on his face. "Next time if you have questions you can write on the paper and pass them on to me. If I know the answer I will tell you if not you can go ahead and ask the master. We are now all in the same boat. I will not allow any traitors if I found one. Everything the master taught will be only talked about within our group. If anyone dares to do the opposite then... I will make sure your ending will not be a good one." said Professor Yi before taking his leave to make preparations for their changes to be made within the laboratories of the hospital. 

 

Since this place will be their new base. He must make sure that everything will be prepared for any changes his master wishes to do so in the future. They’ve needed to consider all basics before they begin the creation of a cure for cancer. This is a big project. Remembering Bai Wanwei's name he finally remembered who the man is. 

 

He is indeed a rich man. The richest of them all. The top one on the list of the world's richest people. Bai Wanwei. He needs to talk to him about the investment. Knowing that this man is his master's brother. He knew that the latter wouldn't disagree. With this bottomless investor as their backer, they should be able to complete their master's legacy ahead of time. 

 

After tucking Hei Xueyue back to his room, Bai Wanwei watched him sleep as he held his hand preciously. He continues to stare at his pale but beautiful face without blinking. After an hour before dinner, Bai Wanwei decided to leave to make their dinner. 

 

Bai Wanwei tucked him in under the blanket carefully and kissed him on his forehead like he always does. But this time he caressed his cheeks tenderly. 

 

"If only I could exchange my life to yours, I would have done so already. My beloved Yueyue" murmured Bai Wanwei. 

 

After staring at his sleeping beloved for a few more minutes, Bai Wanwei took his leave as one could feel his reluctance from his slow footsteps. Few moments after Wanwei took his leave, Xueyue opened his eyes. Within those silvery orbs, they are an emotion of bewilderedness and melancholy. 

 

[Master. What's wrong? Why do you look sad? ] 

 

Hei Xueyue didn't answer right away.

 

"Even I don't understand why? He is supposed to be a stranger and I am just an outsider in this world. But why is it that he feels so...... Familiar?" replied Hei Xueyue. 

 

[Master you said your memories are missing. Maybe there is someone within that made you feel familiar with Bai Wanwei's temperament?]

 

This time Hei Xueyue didn't reply. Instead, he covered his eyes with his arm. Covering his sight with darkness. 

 

On the other hand... 

 

Bai Wanwei met with Professor Yi on his way back. He brought the man to his office after learning he wanted to talk to him. After a few hours of talking, I learned that this middle-aged man came to him for investment. 

 

"I do not mind giving you the money but there are two conditions I need you to agree with," said Bai Wanwei. 

 

"Please speak as you will," said Professor Yi respectfully. 

 

"First: Once the cure is completed it must be named after Yueyue."

 

"This is ought to."

 

"Second: In the future if it receives a Nobel Prize. The name in lead must also be Yueyue."

 

"Of course! This is planned to be the master's legacy. Every result of glory will be under the master's name!" replied Professor Yi. 

 

There is even a hint of anger in his words as if Bai Wanwei is accusing him of stealing. Everything his master deserves will be rightfully his. He himself will not allow anyone to take it from his master's name. No one is allowed to do so. Even himself. 

 

"Good!" Bai Wanwei gave Professor Yi a business card. 

 

"This is my lawyer. You can contact him for investment. Once the draft is made you can talk to him about how much you need. I will be the sole investor of this project. You can use as much money as you need until this project is completed. There will be no limit on resources. You can use as much as what I have as you wish to. Just... Remember my two conditions. The glory this project will achieve in the future is Yueyue's glory. I will not allow anyone to steal it from him. No one." said Bai Wanwei as he took his leave to go to the kitchen and make dinner. 

 

On the way to the kitchen.

 

Night Wind spoke to his system in his mind. "Yueyue's system did not notice you, Zhishi?" 

 

[He didn't. After all, the little one is a young system that hasn't gone even one upgrade. Thought it will be harder to hide it once the little one started upgrading himself, My Lord.] 

 

"You don't need to worry. I wasn't planning on hiding my identity as an actor to Yueyue. What I want this time is to stay by his side not as a close friend but as Yueyue's other half." replied Night Wind. 

 

That night the brothers shared a heartfelt dinner. But it's more like a dinner date than a regular family dinner. It seems that this time Bai Wanwei is willing to show his courtship towards Hei Xueyue. 

 

--- 

 

A month had passed. 

 

Under Bai Wanwei's limitless investment their group was provided with the highest resources to support their project. After personally teaching for a month, Hei Xueyue got bored and instead prepared PPT materials he made himself. 

 

He also made his little son take videos of him explaining this regarding the big project. It was called White Moon (Baiyue) Project. A project whose goal is to create a miracle drug that cures cancer. 

 

After creating countless videos and PPT for learning purposes, Hei Xueyue is currently eating homemade cream puffs as snacks from his suitor and elder brother, Bai Wanwei. 

 

Ever since that night, Bai Wanwei stopped treating him as just his younger brother. This brother of his started bringing him potted flowers and homemade sweets almost every day. Since he no longer needs to teach personally Hei Xueyue got bored as he could only stay within the hospital. 

 

Thanks to the progress the group made, they were able to stabilize Hei Xueyue's physical state to an average level. He is now able to drink cold beverages to a limited extent and could roam around without getting tired so easily like before.

 

[Master, are you bored?] 

 

"Yes. I am," replied Xueyue as he fed his little son in his materialized form. 

 

A cuddly black ball with bat wings is currently munching cream puffs on the top of the table tray in front of Snow Moon. He tilted up his big round eyes while staring at his master. Making him cuter and much more adorable. 

 

Snow Moon cleans off the crumbs around his tiny mouth without any expression on his face. 

 

"Eat slowly. Lest you choke, Momo," said Xueyue with a small smile on his lips. 

 

Momo nodded in agreement but he looked like he was jumping around instead because of his round body and head being only one. 

 

At lunchtime, Bai Wanwei came to his room as usual but this time there was no tray on his hands. Snow Moon looked at his brother with confusion. 

 

Snow Moon, "Where's lunch, gege?"  he asked while looking at his brother's empty hand. There wasn't even a tray much less his food.

 

Bai Wanwei approached him and kissed his forehead like he usually does. With a smile on his captivating face, he spoke. 

 

"You must be bored. I'll bring you over to a café nearby for lunch. Change your clothes, Yueyue." said Bai Wanwei. 

 

Hearing his words, Snow Moon slightly widened his phoenix-shaped eyes, his eyes showing excitement. He jumped on him and hugged him as he kissed his cheeks like a child. 

 

"Thank you gege. You're the best!" said Snow Moon as he hurriedly walked towards his wardrobe to change his clothes. 

 

The kiss on his cheeks left Bai Wanwei stunned for a second before smiling at Snow Moon's unconscious actions. 

 

Countdown: 170 days left. 

 

 

1