Chapter 69
618 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ ( after Joshua's announcement) 

Everyone has grim expressions on their faces especially Peggy and Alexander. 

" What do you think of him now, Peggy. " Stark asks Peggy. 

Peggy looked at Stark for some time. The man has a calm expression on his face but she knew that inside his mind, he was already planning something to get out of this trouble. 

" What do you want to hear Howard, that you were right and we all were wrong. " Peggy said. 

Now she understood what kind of man Joshua was. He was someone who has a twisted sense of helping people and now she understands why the Military is so keen to keep him good to themselves. 

His ideology and the American military's motto sounded the same. No wonder the military treats him like he is their part because technically he is. 

And today with his announcement he shows the world that he is unpredictable too. No one has ever predicted correctly what he has planned. 

But there is something else that he did. He donated to the military and now they thought of him as one of their own. Now, military Generals were more than happy to receive that minuscule amount of money that he throws at them. And this also means that now the military and the public are also expecting donations from other businessmen. And if they don't do what the public wants then they know what will happen to them. They already have seen it. Their stocks will fall again plus their relationship with the military will be strained. Plus if they just donate a measly sum of money that will also produce adverse effects. So they don't have any option but to donate a significant amount of money. 

That boy sure is wicked.

Peggy and Howard just did a calculation and found out that even after donating a significant sum of his wealth he will still earn 1 billion dollars yearly just from The contracts with the Military. And his other businesses don't even ask.

And don't ever forget the political power that comes from such endeavors. Without even coming into the political circle. After all, who will the public vote for, some shady politician who just makes false promises to them or to someone who has the support of someone who has done more than anyone can ask for. The answer is as clear as water. He just became the kingmaker of New York politics. 

Till now Peggy was thinking of Joshua as a kid but now she understood that he was not a sheep but a wolf in the ship's skin. He was not a fish in the water but he was the Fucking Crocodile. 

But can she even blame that boy? He is a result of his father's brainwashing and treatment. He is simply doing what he was taught to. 

'Damn basterds!! ' Peggy shouts inside her head while thinking of Joshua's parents. 

It was not only she who was cursing the Foleys, it was the whole of New York who was cursing them in their heads.

" That Boy's parents…. " someone said. 

" We will have to look into that matter too. We need to know what kind of people did they offend. And how can we as Shield have never heard of such an organization? " Peggy said. 

" Think about that later, first tell me what kind of security measures we are using to save that brats sorry ass. No one likes it when someone challenges their authority and he has pissed every single power holder of New York. " Alexander said. 

Pierce brings everyone's focus on the current problem that they were facing. Everyone here knows that some powerful people would like to silence Joshua before he can seal those deals. Because the deals are not completed for any reason then they can easily get out of this mess. 

And Peggy would have let them do so if they were not wrong. They will not come out of this mess by killing Joshua but what they will achieve will be a civil war. The public has seen how a 'Messiah' looks like and now everyone who will try to harm him will feel their anger. 

Everyone here understood at which level Joshua's infamy has reached. And after today it already has reached another level. He has become their hero without a cape and 'shield'. A hero who has suffered more than them and understands their sufferings more than themselves.

He is like a sun in people's eyes right now. A sun that has decided to end the darkness of their lives. 

Peggy knows because when she was coming from the event she saw how people reacted to the name Joshua. They only have pure respect for the boy. No other emotion but just pure respect.

And now imagine what will happen once their hero is harmed. The people this time will not swarm the roads only this time they will demand blood. 

And that's public, The military's reaction will be far more aggressive.

And that is only the situation in America. What will happen in Germany is also something to look at. He is already treated like a hero there. 

His death will not only result in a civil war but will also destroy America's international relations. 

That's why Peggy has ordered the whole Shield body to be on high alert. They were monitoring everyone in New York who has even the slightest influence. 

They were talking when an agent came rushing into the office. 

" Mam, We just received news that a call was made from Foley mansion and they reported a murder. " The agent said. 

" FUCK!!!! "

A/n: Next 1 or 2 chapters will be the reaction of the shield till now because I forgot to add their reaction chapters. was so immersed in writing about Joshua and his works that I forgot to add the reaction of shield. when I read the story again then I noticed this error. So right now I will write about that.

yay we reach the magic number 

14