CHAPTER 4 – Wira’s Guild (4)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guemwyn

Guemwyn and the others immediately moved when they heard Jora's screams of command, she immediately joined the second row while those who formed the front row were closing in and steadying their hands to support the shields they were wearing.

"Guem you go forward a little, your club is too short it canotn attack you if you are too far behind." Akilla said.

 "Y-yes I know!" grumbled Guemwyn, who was now trying to remember the formation of the line they had just learned this morning, she was less focused because her eyes were instead looking at the beast who would be her first prey.

'Those in the global wira's guild don't count, this one's a real ghuast,' thought the young wira whose enthusiasm mixed with fear filled her eyes as she met the ghuast's irises which had golden pupils.

The creature resembled a big cat, golden fur covered its entire body except for some parts such as the nape, chest, tail tip, and elbows which were covered with black hair sticking out.

"This is the first time I've seen a tiger without an striped line" Tiamasa said just as the ghuast lunged at him, he immediately tried to thrust his spear forward.

"I think he looks more like a lion," Akila replied as his hands stabbed into his metal dagger which was now tied with a new spear borrowed from Jora, "Look at that he has a thick mane which is sooooooo thick and annoying...!"

"Why are you even bothering about what animal it is UGHK!" Guemwyn resented when her mace was dodged, "After all, even a cat with peacock feathers is absurd!" Guemwyn could see his friend's annoyed expression, Akilla tried to stab the ghuast's throat but the mane kept blocking the spear's thrust.

“You guys fought rightly arent you!” Guemwyn complained, he was curious and wanted to beat the ghuast with her club, but since then she was only able to hide behind the shield watching the creature clawing and trying to tear their defenses.

In front of her the shield-wielder tried to stop their trembling legs and stood steady. All types of shields whether made of wood or tanned hardened leather, some have the original animal print of a brown calfskin.

“Ah… my hand!” The shout stopped their three-way bickering, all eyes turned to a man whose hands were bathed in blood and whose shield had been torn under his feet.The ghuast's roar was like a mocking laugh as it immediately bit the poor man's head and dragged him out of the front row which was immediately reassembled.

“AARRRGGGHH!!” The man's voice still echoed in the jaws of the ghuast, his body that was still being carried was now shaking as the chaser jumped backward and the screams suddenly stopped after the sound of bones breaking was heard.

"Don't just stand still! Let's close the ranks again and then come forward!" Their leader stepped forward to close the empty line, Jora wore a wooden shield that had several bronze plates on it.

Those in the front immediately closed the ranks even though they were struggling with trembling legs, their instincts said to run away but the orders of the best wiraes should not be ignored, because they realized that if they lost, they would die.

Yawning widely the creature looked at them like a bored cat, he put down his first victim and with a roar that made the whole forest cool down he again threw his big furry body forward. His eyes were reflected on the bronze disc on the shield, as he leaped through the air he plunged into them clawing at them.

However, the line of shields blocked the attack by lifting it high. Blood was spilled again as the wooden shield was torn apart by the ghuast's claws, only the bronze layer was able to resist but not completely escape the scratch of its huge claws.

“Spear up!” Akilla shouted, the movements he made were immediately followed by other wira’s. The dozen or so spears made of ivory, obsidian, or bronze were unable to penetrate the golden skin.

“GROAAH!!!”

Their breaths were now heavy as if this cool forest had turned into a suffocating stuffy room when they realized the fact that Ghuast was now behind them.

“Shieldbearer! Back to back!” Jora sounded a little panicked, “Back row, immediately draw the spear at the ghuast!” they caught the order rather slowly because of the shock in their hearts.

But the beast didn't wait as it swiftly repelled the spear aimed at it, took a step forward, and instantly bit into the hand of one of the spearmen.

"It's useless to attack the neck, the nape is too thick!" Tiamasa shouted between the panic that occurred when the ghuast shook his head to and fro trying to smack people in his mouth.

“ARRGGH, DIE YOU ANNOYING CAT!” cursed the victim who was now putting up his last fight by stabbing the dagger he kept directly between the jaws of the ghuast.

The monster immediately slammed the victim to the ground in annoyance, he used his big claws to poke the dagger that was still stuck in his gums and then looked at them with saliva mixed with blood in his mouth.

“Fueh- aim for the inside of his mouth,” said Guemwyn as he rubbed his bloodied face, “Hey-why are you pulling me?” he screamed as he felt his collar being pulled.

“You shouldn't go too far, stay close and attack from a safe place.”

"Boss! Even though I could have attacked him earlier” she said annoyed at the culprit who dragged him behind the shield wall. "There's no need to seek fame on your own," Jora said as he took off Guemwyn's collar, "Cooperation is more important."

Jora immediately took a hoe? 'Wait, that's not a hoe' Guemwyn noticed the weapon the boss carrying was an ax but two cubits long it looked more like a hoe from a distance.

The Wira’s attacked again, deploying all their weapons forward. "Killa! stop aiming for the throat, try to attack from inside the jaw!” Jora shouted.

Jora raised the ax high and he plunged it straight into the ghuast's head. Even some of the peacock feathers on his neck began to scatter from the force of the attack, he attacked again from the side gap of the shield.

Guemwyn saw the other's behavior, they were looking back as if looking for an escape from this hell. But Akilla Tiamasa shook his head, realizing that they could only win if they worked together and he turned his head back to the creature who was still trying to circle them looking for a counter-attack.

Again the ghuast tried to attack with its claws, the scratches left on the shield not only tore at it slowly but also tore apart their resolve to fight back. His drooling mouth and angry look in faces said 'why doesn't this creature become my food soon?'. He roared and spurted saliva mixed with blood on the faces of the wiraes.

 "Boss, we can't go on like this, we can't injure him at all while he remains unharmed and as if it's never tired."

Again the living creatures roared because they managed to spill the blood of a wira. He has torn apart with his claws unarmoured belly and left his bones it didn't even touch his flesh as if it was doing out of anger, it wasn't appetite that drove him but lust for revenge for those who dared to fight him.

Then he mercilessly threw the corpse-like minced meat at the wira’s. Panic spread and then they dispersed all over the forest.Akilla moved quickly since the shield line dispersed and immediately hid behind a tree with his two friends, seeing the situation as well as waiting as if looking for an opening to attack.

And then came the opportunity.

“Akilla, use my spear!” Tiamasa threw a spear that was caught easily by his friend, while the broken spear was handed over to Tiamasa.

He readied the spear he had picked up trying to run in front of the ghuast to strike the monster's throat as if driven by instinct that Akilla could end its life, ghuast immediately hid behind a tree And Akilla herself finally stopped in the middle of the road because the trees and branches blocked her attack.

“Tch, annoying monster” Jora went amok and immediately stood face to face in front of the creature with his long ax, again attacking the ghuast but the big cat stopped the swing of the weapon by biting its trunk.

He bit him so tightly, that Jora's face turned red using all her strength.

“Keep pushing boss!” Guemwyn shouted encouragingly.

The monster's hands continued to tear forward, although Jora was not injured from the armor she was wearing but the hijrah began to tear and reveal a layer of bronze under the layer of hard skin that the monster managed to achieve.

"Let's help!" Guemwyn shouted and made the others follow.

The new wira’s, who had been trying to climb up the lush trees, used the branches and parasites for grip, and from above they attacked the ghuast with stones as well as their arrows and spears. T

iamasa who doesn't have a spear anymore is now at his wit's end and takes off the cloth around his waist and puts a stone on it. Use it to throw stones at the creatures below them.

"Hah! Finally you guys did something useful!” Jora joked as he did power struggles with ghuast.

But each attack was met with the fierce response, the claws and fangs of the monsters began to scratch his armor. The ghost pushed Jora with all its might as he grew even more irritated by the attack bouncing off his skin.

The best wira rolled on the ground until he hit a fallen tree, his green hair splattered with mud but he didn't seem to be seriously injured. Now the creature started clawing at the tree where they were standing with fury on its furry face.

 Like a cat he climbs the tree deftly, his front paws grabbing at Guemwyn And he couldn't help but jump down to avoid the attack.

“Akh- SHIT” Guemwyn, who jumped back, tried to stand up but his tired legs no longer held any strength. Time and again he tried to get out of the mud but it seemed as if the more he moved the more he swallowed him.

"You're really causing trouble, aren't you?" Tiamasa tried to grab his hand and pull him out of the mud, but instead, his leg fell into it.

The other wira’s were still up in the tree trying to distract the ghuast, they all threw what they had until the ghuast itself started targeting the wira in another tree.

Then a rope immediately entangled the creature's left leg and tied it after being pulled by several people. But with just one claw he was free from the shackles and immediately chased the thrower of the rope.

Akilla and Jora even deliberately kept the monster away from the mud pool where Guemwyn sank while Tiamasa kept trying to pull her away. Guemwyn still felt his left hand gripping her club, hse still refused to let go and gripped his friend's hand only with his right.

 'Is this the end of my journey?' Guemwyn thought 'Even though it's only been a day since I've been hunting ghuasts' .

Then he drowned and heard the words from his head

'Am I destined to die here, why am I so weak! I'm the strong one!' He was almost drowning now, even his tongue was starting to taste the bitterness of the mud.

'O gods who inhabit this cursed forest, please give me strength!

Now he closed his eyes so the mud wouldn't blind his vision.

'Oh my, it's only been a day but it's already nearing death'

Guemwyn heard a voice in his head as he held his breath.

 'Okay, I'll help you this time, next time you have to try it yourself, you troublesome daughter.'

And now she's back to her senses. A booming sound was heard along with the churning of the mud pool, Guemwyn bounced off along with Tiamasa who was still holding his hand tightly.

The surrounding wira’s also stared in wonder from behind the tree where they were hiding at the person who had almost entered the earth, was now ejected again as if pushed back again.

"What just happened?" Ask some people there. Then their eyes went to the stone club which he held high with both hands, the sidelines of the stone now glowed red like coals of fire and spread heat in all directions. Then the stone hatched like an egg, from inside came a red lizard-like creature.

 "Are you my familiar?" The creature now imitates a snake and twists its body around the stick, with its horned head as the tip of the weapon, and begins to emit relentless flames which Guemwyn directs at the enemy.

"Take this!"

The ghuast jumped back in surprise feeling the heat on his face. He backed away slowly but Guemwyn pointed his stick which continued to spit fire at the monster's furry face until his mustache engulfed the embers.

Not wanting to waste this opportunity, Jora immediately ordered the others to gather to attack together, he threw the shield that was in his left hand and used an ax in both hands. The return commanded them to take a stance with Guemwyn up front as the main attacker, while they protected him from the side.

"Earlier plan was to attack the ghuast from the inside, like throwing a spear into its mouth but Guemwyn turned out to be able to burn all the fur as thick as that armor." Jora was satisfied to see the fur that continued to blacken and burn until the creature's flesh looked like it had just been cooked on a meat grill.

"It's trying to escape! Back snare it!” The ghuast was still trying to dodge the flames but again a rope entangled his front legs and pulled him until he fell. His escape attempt failed and Guemwyn easily carried out the process of burning his fur once more.

Guemwyn heard another scream from the boss, “Burn him, keep aiming for it”, that command was followed by another wira shouting the same thing.

“Understood! I Guemwyn will burn it to dust!” She said arrogantly even though now his hands were starting to blister holding her weapon, the constant heat she felt made her sweat seep through her grip becoming slippery.

She could have let go of his weapon but the feeling of being relied on by others made her grit teeth to ignore all the pain and continue to direct the fire at the ghuast who kept moving away from her.

When it was about to fall suddenly from the side someone helped hold the fire stick, the stick shook violently as the tiny dragon on the top of the stick continued to spit fire non-stop.

"If you need help just say so!" Tiamasa said before sharing the agony of holding back the heat of the gun.

"Justify your stance, it will make it better" Akilla helped aim the weapon as well as demonstrate the stance in question. It is now easier for Guemwyn to control her weapon, the fire continues to burn the ghuast who is now having a hard time dodging because when he stands up the wira’s are even quicker to act in holding the ghuast's legs.

Before leaping brightly forward, the ghuast fell and was tackled by the wira’s who were quicker to tie his feet. Glancing back he realized that his hind legs were bound by ropes and pulled back with all his might.

"GROOAHH" The king of the jungle's face was scorched by the smoldering fire on his face, then he continued to struggle trying to pull the ropes that bound his legs. He sent a furious glare forward, facing his faces were Guemwyn and company who continued to burn him mercilessly.

“And this is the end of your life,” Jora said before slamming his double ax into the hairless part of its body. This time without any annoying hairs he can leave a stab wound that immediately bleeds profusely.

But even then the ghuast struggled and roared with his stomach contents lulled, again trying to escape from the shackles and tearing the prey in front of him.

“Guem, Tia please hold on tight” Akilla suddenly said, “I will secure our contribution in this hunt.”

Then he stepped forward still carrying bronze dagger. Akilla seemed to know the fatal point of living things and immediately stabbed the ghuast's heart which was exposed from the stab wound that Jora had previously inflicted.

Then the light of life in the monster's eyes faded slowly, his breathing stopped and he fell helplessly to the ground. Akilla smiled as she looked at Guemwyn and Tiamasa, who made a 'good job mate' gesture

Now Guemwyn just has to find a way to stop her fire stick from spitting out fire, but suddenly a thought crossed his mind, so the fire stopped instantly and Tiamasa lay down tiredly on the ground while Guemwyn stared at the dragon on the tip of his stick.

The dragon spits out heat from its tiny mouth, then coughed up smoke from its nostrils. A small yawn rolls up like a snake and forms a circle at the end of the stick and rolls and the scales harden to make a layer of egg crust and turn back as if it were stone.

Guemwyn had been holding his stick high up until now, making everyone watch this strange event in awe, but Guemwyn somehow felt warm in her heart when she saw it.

Also somehow he felt a warm feeling in his stomach, was silent for a while, and then looked to the left side of her stomach where there was blood there.

“Oh…” Those were the last words that left her lips before she fell unconscious with the stick beside his body.

And at the end of his first hunt, Guemwyn closed his eyes after he made sure the stickwas safe, tired mixed with relief after the death of the vile monster.

0