Book 1 – Chapter 2
133 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

First chapter has been greatly modified and expanded!

It is my first novel ever, and English is not my native language, so go easier on me, please.

Any feedback is welcome, of course.

Enjoy your reading!

 

Silin — is a creature that has a humanoid appearance and H!#&%. According to legend, they appeared from the tears of the goddess of the Moon. They become more powerful and boost [Regeneration] under the moonlight. In grownup form, they use high-level and large-scale magic. Exactly life expectancy is unknown. They became extinct more than ten thousand years ago.

 "Interesting, what's that?" she shifted her concentrated gaze.

[Deep Sleep] — the user falls into anabiosis. In this state, natural [Regeneration] is accelerating five times. The physical resistance to poisons and the rate of their removal from the body increase. The possibility to exit this state is available only after the complete restoration of the body.

"Cool. But it's not safe somehow. And so, what is this?"

"Reincarnated" - the memories of your past life are preserving.

"I thought so. And this?"

"Moonchild" — your characteristics and abilities are enhancing by the lunar energy.

"Another World? Yep?"

«The Only One of The Race» - you are the last one of your race, its survival hopes and revival. You are the Matriarch, the Country, and the People all in one. All received experience increased by 500%. The learning rate of skills and abilities increased by 500%. The learning difficulty rate of new skills and abilities reduced by 500%. May the Luna be with you.

"I'm not even surprised. Almost. Such big snakes obviously don't exist on Earth. Although..."

Amadeus decided to leave before other predators came to smell the blood.

"No normal armor or weapons?" Amadeus mumbled, taking one more looked around at the stuff.

"Well, at least there's plenty of food," she sighed.

Taking provisions, a few knives, some trifle, and make a cape for herself, she looked at the corpses of the snake and people for the last time.

"A chance for a new life?"

"So... Maybe... Humph. And why I can't start a new life?" came from the girl's lips, "From scratch, so to speak."

Another world in which nothing is knowing about her or her past. Is it a possibility that she might find what she has been missing all her life? That is the life she would like to spend. Peacefully?!

 

***

 

"Is she the only survivor?" the man asked the girl.

A middle-aged doctor and young adult woman with a file in their hands walked down the corridor to a new patient.

"Doctor. We haven't been able to identify her personality, but, undoubtedly, she belongs to the Fae Shi clan." said the woman, adjusting her glasses.

As they approached the closed ward, they looked through the small window on the door. There was a teenage girl, about fifteen years old, sitting on a single white sickbed. Her eyes looked into the unbounded, and she didn't move or speak.

"Are you certain that she's alive?" asked the doctor.

"Yes!" answered the woman irritably.

"Are you sure?" the doctor asked again, "She doesn't even look like she's breathing."

"But she is blinking her eyes!" began to anger the woman, "Stop joking, doctor, it's unethical."

It was as if the teenage girl sensed and met the doctor's gaze. Goosebumps ran down his back. He knew the glass was one-way, but the teenager's gaze seemed to pull him into the abyss.

"As I recall, in the clan..." the doctor started to say, but the woman with the glasses cut him off.

"That's what surprises me too. The bastards like the Fae Shi Clan would never have left her alive," she said.

"What's her state of health?" the doctor asked, pulling out a red key-card.

"There was a mild concussion and a few burns. Overt abnormalities weren't detecting. The girl hasn't spoken or reacted in any way to external stimuli since we found." the woman reported.

"What? No even on a flashlight? How about tapping with a neurological hammer?" smiled the doctor.

"I... You! I'll tape you!" roared the woman.

"Okay-okay," the man retreated, raising his hands in the air.

"So, I'll do the talking with her." the doctor said with a chuckle.

"We don't know who she is and what she is the capability. All the people of the Fae Shi Clan, before the fire started, were murdered. So, maybe this girl..." the woman didn't finish.

"Don't call these monsters people!" said the doctor, through gritted teeth, irritably.

Hurriedly entering a windowless room with only a hospital bed, the doctor squatted in front of the bed, took out a cigarette, and smoked.

"Will you have one? All teenagers get a kick out of forbidden things." said the doctor, breathing out a puff of smoke.

There wasn't any reaction from the teenage girl, which definitely irritated the man.

"What's your name?" he asked, but there wasn't any answer. The doctor moved closer and breathed smoke into the girl's face. Right at that moment, the girl raised her leg quickly and kick the doctor in the jaw. In a surprise, he fell on his ass and choked the cigarette. At the next second, the girl's fist punched the man in the face.

The man vomited because of a swallowed cigarette. Holding his nose, which was bleeding, he tried to crawl to the door.

"There's a violent patient in room 648!" the woman quickly grabbed the phone from the wall and called for security.

"CRAZY BITCH!" shouted the doctor, trying to get up after he left the room.

"Well, how it is? Do you still want to shine the flashlight, or maybe? Tap her with a neurological hammer?" smiled the girl, adjusting her glasses.

"Fuck you!" the man waved, walking away.

 

***

 

"I don't have dreams too often." thought Amadeus, sitting on a branch of a large tree.

"According to the position of the sun... It's no less than nine o'clock in the morning," she looked at the sky.

She had reincarnated a bit less than since a day ago.

"And now..."

"Gr-r-r." there was a sound.

"... I'm hungry."

Since she woke up, she hadn't had breakfast yet. If she looked at the condition of herself, Amadeus had said she hadn't eaten in a week.

She pondered, "I ate a lot of meals yesterday, and where did it all disappear?" as she started to get down the tree. "I don't even want to go to the toilet. This is a race, special or again, Another World?" smirked Amadeus.

"Interesting is there a period here?" she pondered, frozen in her place.

"It would be perfect if there weren't," she giggled, continuing her way down.

On the ground, Amadeus continued walking, presumably to the east.

"It's not so cold at night, and the air is humid. Poisonous snakes are living here, and many plants. I'm probably in some tropical region." she surmised.

"R-r-r-r-r!" hearing a growl nearby, Amadeus freeze and pulled out two daggers.

 

Please don't judge me harshly, post comments, and give me likes!

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

If you, dear friend, want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thanks for your interest, friends!

6