Book 1 – Chapter 3
139 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

It is my first novel ever, and English is not my native language, so go easier on me, please.

Any feedback is welcome, of course.

Enjoy your reading!

 

Three big wolves showed up from behind the bushes. Or, almost wolves. Their furs were too short, and, "Since when are wolves blue?"

"Uh-huh..." said Amadeus, stepping back.

"Another World." she rolled her eyes in her mind.

"Well... Let the wolves be blue," she thought, "Why not?"

The two wolves surround her from behind and leave her no escape path. They growled but did not get closer.

"Are you checking me out? Or are you afraid of me?" she thought, "Either way... Dog meat must be edible..."

At that moment, the wolf in front roared and jumped at Amadeus, aiming its jaws at the girl's neck. She dodged easily and stabbed the dagger into the wolf's neck, penetrating it. The wolf immediately fell and began whimpering, choking on its blood.

"Are the wolves so weak, or I have become much stronger?" thought Amadeus, turning around quickly and jumping aside at the last moment.

The wolves from her back rushed out almost simultaneously, but they could only catch air with their jaws. With an indignation roar, one of the remaining wolves lunged at her with its open jaws. Amadeus swiftly threw one of the knives down the wolf's throat, killing it instantly.

She repeated the evasive maneuver from the last wolf, who tried to go around her side and bite her leg. Amadeus quickly changed direction and sprinted away from him.  Mad from rage, the wolf roared and rushed behind the prey. When she reached the nearest tree, she jumped on the trunk and did a backflip. When she gets the wolf's back, she tried to pierce its skull, using her weight as an additional force. The wolf leaped aside and tried to bite her on the side. After she landed, turning around abruptly, Amadeus has blocked fangs with her dagger and hit the wolf hard in the jaw with her knee. The wolf stumbled and fell on its side. Just at that point, she jumped on him, and a precise dividing dagger blows to the eye.

 

"DING!!!"

Congratulation!!!

Level UP!

 

"DING!!!"

Congratulation!!!

Level UP!

 

"DING!!!"

Congratulation!!!

Level UP!

 

Amadeus saw the new messages while she was collecting and clearing her weapons.

«Oh... Something new,» she thought and smirked, «But now. Time to eat.»

 

***

 

Thirty minutes later.

"I'm tenacious! I can do it!" the girl thought, meditatively repeating the moves.

"Do it!"

An hour later.

"Come on... Son of a bitch. Come on!" she grumbles, meditatively repeating the same moves.

An hour and a half passed.

"Damn this fucking FOREST and this fucking Other World!" growled Amadeus kicked everything around her, " AND YOU WOLVES... BURN IN HELL!"

Two hours passed.

"YE-A-A! FUCK, YE-A-A-A!" she shouted and gleefully jumping like a madwoman.

"Oh, no... No! NO-NO-NO-NO! NO-O-O-O-O!!! FU-U-UCKI-I-IG SHI-I-I-IT!!!"

Amadeus fell on her back and looked up at the sky with lifeless eyes after another unsuccessful attempt to start a bonfire...

 

***

 

"Well, there is my breakfast or maybe already diner?" Amadeus said, smiling nervously, three hours later.

She began to look over the status while she ate the wolf meat cooked over the BONFIRE.

 

Status

State

Level: 1 -> 4

Health: 10/12

Mana: 0/0

 

Description

Name: Amadeus Pride

Nickname: White Cat

Race: Silin

Gender: Female

Age: Unknown

 

Titles

"Reincarnated"

"The Only One of The Race"

"Moonchild"

 

Characteristics

Strength: 4 -> 8

Dexterity: 8 -> 14

Vitality: 1 -> 3

Intelligence: 25 -> 27

 

Race Skills

[Regeneration]

[Deep Sleep]

[True Form] (unavailable)

 

Skills

[Dagger Mastery 1->2]

[Advanced Perception 1->2]

[Cooking 1] (new)

 

"I am level up. And with the level goes up the statistics. I don't see a pattern, actually." thought Amadeus when she finished eating the last wolf.

"How did it all fit inside me? Another World, again?"

Finished with her meal, Amadeus set off, again in the direction of, what appeared to be the east, and after about an hour's walking came out to the river. There were, as it were, few animals near the river, and when they saw Amadeus, they scattered.

"Am I looks so scary?" she thought with a sigh.

Amadeus looked around and started to take off her clothes. She undressed and entered the river. The water was cold but refreshing. She plunged headfirst into the river and emerged about three minutes later. Water flowed down her now clean snow-white hair, all the mud from her body, has washed away, and she could see the smooth, snow-white skin.

"[Moonchild] is really doing its job. All the scratches and bruises are gone." thought Amadeus, sliding her hands over her skin. She enjoyed the feeling of smoothness.

She still looked exhausted, but not like before. Stepping ashore, she took her clothes and put them in the water. All the sticky blood and mud were washed away by the water.

Amadeus looked into the water and saw her reflection.

 

***

 

Two teenagers about sixteen years old were in the courtyard of a house designed in the ancient Chinese style. They stood behind a young girl with white hair, about ten years old, and put her head down in a container full of cold water.

"We've been holding her like this for five minutes. Do you think she's dead?" one of the boys said with a chuckle.

"If she dies, they'll thank us. But if she dies now, we can't have any more fun." said the other and abruptly pulled the girl's hair.

He threw her to the ground, and she tries to spit out water. The cold water made the girl's lungs feel painful.

"Kha-Kha... b-brother, per-" before the girl could say it, one of the guys kicked her in the stomach. The girl gripped her stomach, rolled into an embryo pose, and began to shake.

"Nasty spawn... How dare you call me your brother. The only reason why our father keeps you alive. You're going to be good cannon fodder. But I doubt that dad will mind if we play with you for a while," said the other with a sly smile.

He grabbed the girl by the hair and dragged her along the ground.

Through her tears, in a trembling voice, the girl said, "P-please... Don't..."

But no one heard her.

They came to a small building that looked like a warehouse. They entered it, went down the stairs, and ended in a basement equipped as a prison.

"Please... Don't..." the girl begged.

"Shut up, spawn!" in an angry voice, said the teen, who was dragging her by the hair.

The guy who was following them raised his hand and slapped the girl on the cheek.

"SLAP."

"SHUT. UP." he said in a commanding tone.

As they entered the cell, they took a large, thick chain.

"CLICK," sounded the lock on the collar closing.

"Sit here for the next three days and think about your behavior." one of the boys said before he left.

They left the girl alone in the dark cell, with chained a collar on her neck. The girl could no longer cry anymore because of feeling too much pain. She...

 

Please don't judge me harshly, post comments, and give me likes!

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

If you, dear friend, want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thanks for your interest, friends!

6