Book 1 – Chapter 4
103 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

It is my first novel ever, and English is not my native language, so go easier on me, please.

Any feedback is welcome, of course.

Enjoy your reading!

 

«Tch...» Amadeus turned her head away. She didn't like to reminisce about her childhood.

After she finished washing, she walks along the river. After a while, near the river, she found a large tree with fruits that looked like pears, but they were red. Some of the fruits, which hung low, had animal bite marks on them.

«Are they edible? Cool. I am just getting hungry

After gathering some dry twigs, she made a bonfire and placed her clothes to be dry. Taking one fruit, she took a small bite. The fruit was watery and slightly crunchy, tasting like ripe strawberries. It was a little sour but sweet.

Amadeus enjoyed the fruit for a while more as her clothes dried.

Suddenly were sounded, «Yum, yum.»

At that moment, she saw an animal that looked like a squirrel. It had black fur, a big fluffy tail, and beady eyes.

The squirrel moved toward Amadeus and stood up like a meerkat. It looked like the squirrel asking to share the fruit with him.

«You can pluck it yourself,» Amadeus said to the animal.

But the squirrel came even closer, lowered its tail, and looked up pleadingly. Amadeus sighing and went to the river and washed the fruit. Cutting it with her knife into four pieces, Amadeus gave the fruit to the squirrel. The squirrel started wagging its tail like a dog given a treat.

«Are you sure you're a squirrel?» asked Amadeus, watching as the animal greedily eat the fruit.

By this time, the clothes were dry. Amadeus got dressed, gathered her stuff, and moving off. But for some reason, the squirrel followed her.

«Little glutton, you may pluck the fruit yourself,» said Amadeus.

But the squirrel didn't hear and followed her.

«Okay. Do whatever you want,» Amadeus said with a sigh.

In the end, they walked together.

They were walking along the river for about an hour when Amadeus saw several furry rabbits. These rabbits were massive than usual, and their claws looked like they are of black metal.

«Lunch found.» she thought, licking her lips.

Meanwhile, the squirrel climbed the tree and started gnawing on nuts. Where it got the nuts, Amadeus did not know. But now, the animal looked like it goes to watch a fascinating show from the VIP area.

Amadeus looked at the squirrel with a look of, «Are you kidding me

She has long had the thought that this squirrel is quite intelligent. It understands human language and even has its personality.

Rolling her eyes in her mind, Amadeus took one of the daggers and, aiming, threw it at the nearest rabbit. But it didn't hit its target; moreover, all the rabbits looked in her direction simultaneously. At that moment, their eyes glowed red, and all five rushed forward.

«Some unusual rabbits. Do they have rabies?» Amadeus thought, clicking her tongue.

To make some free area and easier to fight, Amadeus ran toward the river, pulling out a machete at that moment.

Now she looked like a matador and the rabbits like bulls.

One of them rushed at Amadeus with incredible speed. She dodged and slashed the machete across the rabbit's tight.

She said quietly, «Tough skin.»

Amadeus planned to make the wound deeper and immobilize the rabbit, but this is also not bad. It hit the artery, and blood began to spray in all directions. The rabbit fell and almost immediately stopped moving, only twitching slightly.

«First down.» she starts the score in her mind.

The other two rabbits weren't sitting idle. They scattered and jumped at Amadeus, aiming for her stomach and chest. She did have no time to dodge both of them. Amadeus stance the machete in front of the rabbit that was aiming for her's chest.

The machete sliced into the rabbit's neck, thereby almost beheading it. But the second one beat Amadeus's stomach. The blow was strong enough to damage her internal organs.

«Cough-cough... Expected,» she said and spat out some blood.

Amadeus had already sold a long time ago that she was not the only one with skills, but other creatures as well.

Again, two rabbits rushed at her, but now she was ready for it.

Crouching on the ground, she grabbed one rabbit by the paw and smashed it to the ground with all her strength. But it wasn't enough. She turned over the machete in her hand and stabs to the ground the rabbit's body, finishing it off.

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!!

Level UP!

 

«Second and third down

Another rabbit did have no time to get down before he was kicked into the river immediately. Rabbits are not the best swimmers, especially after being kicked in the ribs.

«Fourth down and the fifth rabbit...»

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!!

Level UP!

 

«…down too.» Amadeus raised an eyebrow.

«I won't call you a squirrel anymore. You're definitely a dog,» said Amadeus, looking at the squirrel who was holding the body of the fifth rabbit in his teeth.

She stopped paying attention to the squirrel's behavior and turned her gaze to her status.

 

Status

State

Level: 4 -> 6

Health: 10/16

Mana: 0/0

 

Description

Name: Amadeus Pride

Nickname: White Cat

Race: Silin

Gender: Female

Age: Unknown

 

Titles

«Reincarnated»

«The Only One of The Race»

«Moonchild»

 

Characteristics

Strength: 8 -> 10

Dexterity: 14 -> 18

Vitality: 3 -> 5

Intelligence: 27 -> 32

 

Race Skills

[Regeneration]

[Deep Sleep]

[True Form] (unavailable)

 

Skills

[Dagger Mastery 2->4]

[Advanced Perception 2->3]

[Cooking 1->2]

[Less Pain Resistance 1] (new)

 

Please don't judge me harshly, post comments, and give me likes!

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

If you, dear friend, want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thanks for your interest, friends!

6