Book 1 – Chapter 8
92 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my dear friends!

It's a new chapter here!

Enjoy reading!

 

Tilting her head, Amadeus saw a small black squirrel talking nonstop.

«So that's how the [Animal Language] skill works.» thought Amadeus.

She didn't hurry to answer the squirrel yet, instead...

«Little pervert, right now, you're sitting on a naked girl's chest. You're going to get...» Amadeus turned away and playfully placed her hand over her mouth.

«No... I... I'm not a pervert. I was just glad to... No... No, I'm not glad at all, not even a little bit glad! Okay?!» the squirrel jumped off the girl's chest, continuing to make excuses.

If she were human, she would definitely look red like a tomato.

«Be quiet, little one,» Amadeus said and walked over to the prize chest.

«As I remember, these chests usually contain equipment. I hope so because it would be uncomfortable without clothes,» Amadeus thought as she opened the chest, «Phew... Well, at least I won't be without clothes

In the chest was a white, sleeveless, thigh-length shirt. It had clouds embroidered on it with silver thread. There was also a pair of black boots with a low heel, and... Shorts?

«This is the Other World. Why are there shorts here?» she thought.

Under all these clothes was a white mask without a slit for eyes.

«If the mask has no eye slits, why does it even need one?» thought Amadeus.

It was illogical. Remembering that Amadeus was, in fact, from the Other World, which sounded more illogical, she decided to put the mask on. But...

«Are you actually listening to me?! Well, no respect for me! What does that even mean?» the squirrel began to wail.

Amadeus turned and looked intently at the squirrel. The squirrel flinched slightly and asked in a trembling voice, «Why are you looking at me like that, human?»

«First of all, I'm not a human. Second, you're too noisy,» she replied, putting on her clothes.

«No, you are definitely... Wait... YOU WHAT, UNDERSTAND ME?» shouted the squirrel.

With shock in her voice, she continued, «Humans can't talk with animals... Then it turns out... You're an animal?!»

«I've already answered that question. I'm not human and never have been one,» said Amadeus.

It was true. Even in a past life, she was not a human. To be more accurate, Amadeus was a half-breed. Half-human, half-demon. Neither humans nor demons accepted her...

«Tch... Why am I even remembering this?» she thought.

Just remembering it made her angry.

«You look like a human, so you're human!!!» said the squirrel.

«You look like a squirrel, but you behave like a child,» answered Amadeus.

«What squirrel?! I'm Sincis, by the way!!!» said the squirrel smugly and lifted her furry face.

«So your name is Sincis?» asked Amadeus.

«Ha... Are you stupid? By the way, Sincis is the name of my race! Eat that, human?! Are you happy to have such a rare companion?!» it said.

Wagging her tail, Sincis looked like a child bragging about her grades.

«Do you have a name?» asked Amadeus.

Honestly, she liked Sincis's behavior.

«A name is something that gives us, our companions,» said Sincis and looked at her with a waiting expression.

«You want me to give you a name?» asked Amadeus, but it was clear from the squirrel's look.

«Ha! I don't need a name... But just for the record, I don't mind if you give me one.» said Sincis, wagging her tail.

Before making up a name, a brilliant idea occurred to Amadeus, and she immediately voiced it, «Are you even a boy or a girl?»

Squirrel fainted. A few seconds later, it jumped up, turned its ass to Amadeus, and lifted her tail.

«Look at this. What kind of stupid question is that?» yelled the squirrel.

«And what I'm supposed to find here?» asked Amadeus, crouching and made a smart face.

In fact, Amadeus had realized a long time ago that the squirrel was a girl but decided to play a joke on her.

«That's right! There's nothing there!» the squirrel continued to yell, «No nuts! And that means I...»

«Yep. That's right.» Amadeus interrupted, «And where do you get your nuts? Do you eat your own?»

«Wha-a-a-t?» the squirrel yelled even louder, «That's... I had them with me! In my mouth!»

«Yeah, okay, okay. Calm down.» said Amadeus, «I already know you're a girl. Just stop twisting your shame right in front of my face.»

Amadeus began to giggle softly.

Squirrel put her tail down quickly, turned around, got into a meerkat stance, and froze. Her eyes went blank, and she seemed to pass out. Amadeus waited a few seconds and decided to take care of her business.

She put on her mask, and a message appeared in front of her eyes.

 

«DING!!!»

Congratulations!!!

The Set [Ghost Cloak] is complete!

The Set Bonus:

Dexterity: 10

Resistance: 5

[Ghost Cloak]

 

[Ghost Cloak] - you will not be noticed or remembered unless you do something provocative.

«Not bad,» Amadeus said, « Again, something's obviously wrong with the descriptions.»

«Maybe it's a problem not with the text, but its interpretation of the translation in my mind?» she thought, «Yeah. That would make sense. I'm not, like, from around here

«Well, or a crooked description,» Amadeus said, smirking, «Hackneyed.»

 

Please don't judge me harshly, leave comments and give me some likes!

Any feedback is more than welcome, of course.

If you liked it, recommend the novel to your friends or readers!

Dear friend, if you want to support me, join me on Patreon!

Thank you for your interest, my friends!

4