Chapter 13 Dr. Keyaruga ‘The Healer’
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 2, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

•••••

When Larry was lost in his thoughts, he flipped to another page of the exercise book but when he saw a comic that Alexa had drawn on an empty spot, he laughed in spite of himself.

The pictures were drawn with unskilled strokes and had two stick figures with big heads.

One of them had braids, and there were flames around her head, signaling anger. A dialogue box was beside her. Written in it were: Hurry up and wake up, stupid brother!

The stick figure lying before her had two "X"s drawn over his eyes. His tongue also hung limply by the side of his mouth. He looked really ugly.

Larry really did not know whether the girl was worried about him or cursing him.

He reached out and pinched the girl's nose.

Alexa did not react in the beginning. She just continued smacking her lips. But five seconds later, she noticed that something was off. She started puffing out her cheeks, which made her look like a bighead carp who had popped up at the surface of water.

Then, red blotches appeared on her puffed-out cheeks, and her lips as well as eyelashes started fluttering.

She sucked in a deep breath, and while her eyes were still shut, she sat up straight on the couch.

"It hurts! Who are you?! How dare you attack me?!"

The girl covered her nose and started yelping. When she saw Larry clearly, her expressive eyes filled with joy.

But the next second, that joy faded away. It was replaced by anger. "Demon! How could you bully me the moment you wake up?!"

"It's your fault for destroying my image on paper. If you want to draw me, you should make me look a little more handsome." Larry grinned.

It just felt so good to bully the youngest in the family!

"You…"

Alexa's face turned red. She did not think that her casual doodles would be discovered by her evil big brother. They were supposed to be a secret! She rubbed her nose, and her attention shifted to Larry's body.

Alexa stared at her brother with concern. "Big Brother, do you feel any sort of discomfort? I'll call the doctors now."

"You don't have to be in a hurry. Where's Mom and Dad? Where are we? And how long have I been asleep?"

Larry felt really good but right now, he was much more concerned about the college entrance examination.

"You slept for 34 hours. Mom and Dad are really worried. Luckily, the Doctor has been comforting them. He said that you are really LUCKY compared to those who experienced the same. He said you just lost too much blood and your condition is now stabilized, and he also said that you'd wake up soon."

"We are in sector 1 Katsuyu Medical Centre, as for Mom and Dad they went out to eat lunch, and I'm on holiday now, so I came over to visit you. Big Brother, I heard that you were greatly injured during the Runic Test."

"Over the past few hours, many people from your school, education department, all sorts of media outlets, and even the Government and Dojo's came to visit you. Oh, by the way, there were even reporters who came to interview me!"

Alexa's last sentence stunned Larry. "Hang on, you didn't run your mouth off with the reporters, right?" he asked.

"Of course not. I just told them the truth. When the reporters asked me about how you usually act at home and what sort of power that drove you to work hard and become a Martial Warrior, I told them that you study really hard at home and stay in your room all the time to browse through all kinds of shady websites!" Alexa answered jokingly.

Larry suppressed his urge to pinch the girl's cheeks and asked, "What happened to the Runic Test? How many people passed?"

"I saw the news, the test was stopped but your friend Bruce and Jack passed." The girl said.

"Ah…" Larry felt complicated emotions in his heart. He felt envious when he heard that his friends had passed the test.

(Note: People are always envious of things that they don't have, a feeling of desire for something that someone else had and you do not, but envy is not necessarily malicious. I just want you guys to know that our MC is not perfect and righteous and sometimes you will question his morality.)

"Ah, look at you getting depressed and all." Alexa encouraged her brother, "Don't be sad, Brother, I heard that when you emerged from the pod, you looked like a Bloodied Guts that came from the eclipse with hundreds of wounds on you. Even so, you still kept standing firmly and survived!"

As she spoke, their parents came back to take over, because they had finished lunch.

When they saw that their son had woken, they were naturally delighted. The entire family hugged each other.

The parents then spoke words that put Larry at ease.

Looking at the expensive equipments, Larry asked. "By the way Mom, Alexa mentioned that this is Katsuyu Medical Centre. Why am I here? Isn't this place supposed to be really expensive?"

This is an expensive hospital, even if someone familiar with the members of the staff recommended a patient here and received a seventy percent or higher discount, they would still have to spend millions to be treated. With his injuries, he would not be released unless they spent tens of millions on him.

"You don't have to worry about that. Someone paid for you," Jia li explained.

When a scandal like this happens, the local government, manufacturing companies, and other names that are involved in the accident were willing to pay the medical fees.

During the first few hours, Larry was in the ICU of a government hospital and enjoyed the best treatment for free.

Once he was out of the critical zone, someone suggested that he switch to a private hospital.

This did not mean that private hospitals were better than government hospitals.

Instead, it was because many of the best medical plans required expensive medicine that was not listed among the items that could be reimbursed, and the government hospitals could not use them at will.

His mother continuously explained, "The Vice Governor was the one who suggested this. The principal of your school also took part in this. They introduced a lot of famous doctors and formed a joint medical team with Dr. Keyaruga, the number 1 doctor in P-Base.

"Besides, the environment here is much better than in the government hospitals. After we thought about it, we transferred you here.

"As for the medical fees, the government will reimburse half of the medical fees if you're treated in a private hospital. As for the rest, the Vice Governor paid it himself"

Leon added, "By the way, your friends dropped by as well. They said they will come back tomorrow."

"Big Brother, I just found out recently that you know a lot of people," Alexa said with a glint in her eyes. "Aside from your friends, 4 older girls came to visit you. One of them is the number 1 beauty of your school, Liza Soberano, I don't know the name of the other 3 but they are really worried about you. Who are they and Why are there so many beautiful girls visiting you?"

"Well…" Larry tilted his head and thought about it. "Maybe it's because I'm becoming more charismatic?"

Alexa was about to make a sarcastic remark when a group of other doctors entered the room led by a handsome Doctor.

Behind them was the Principal, and he looked delighted to see Larry's condition.

The principal immediately introduced the handsome doctor. "Larry this is Dr. Keyaruga, he was the one who healed you. The Vice Governor helped me contact Doctor keyaruga, who is the most famous doctor here. He's a Level 5 Runic Champion who specializes in healing. His skills have reached the pinnacle of perfection. You'll definitely have no problem if you're treated by him."

Doctor Keyaruga was the type the young nurses would talk about in private while they let their fantasies run wild.

He was so handsome that he looked like he was an actor in a drama about the medical world. He did not look like a real doctor.

But his tall nose and thin lips showed that he was not a person with a good temper.

2