Chapter 14 Broken-seed Champion
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 2, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

(Info Dump Part 1)

•••••

Keyaruga signals Larry to sit. "Come, Mr.Larry, please sit here. I've already read your treatment records from the government hospital. The main problem is that you just lost too much blood, let's see if you have hidden injuries."

Keyaruga helped Larry to the examination bed.

Then, he focused, and his expression became stern.

Faint green energy rose on his temples. Like the tender shoots of a willow tree, they spun around his eyes before trailing down his cheeks until they went past his collarbones, arms, and finally reached his fingertips.

It looked as if a set of beautiful and exquisite tattoos had appeared on him. Faint Runic energy spread out from him, and it gave off a fragrance as refreshing as that of bamboo.

Larry cried out in surprise when Keyaruga touched him with his fingertips. "There's a wave of energy running through my body. It feels so good!" Warmth filled his body in streams, the energy were like the first shoots that grew during spring, and they caressed him with the gentlest of motions.

Keyaruga blinked. His pupils suddenly split vertically, turning into reptile-like eyes. They shone with a brilliant light.

"Based on your physiological and physical parameters, you've recovered really well. How do you feel now?" Keyaruga asked after he examined Larry's situation carefully.

"I feel good. But there is some multi-colored smoke floating in front of me," Larry said.

Leon and Xīng Jia li looked at each other. Multi-colored smoke? They did not see it.

Alexa wanted to say something, but did not. She just shrank into a corner.

Keyaruga explained, "What you see is the Runic energy that came from the rift, and for more than 10 years we only identify some of it like mana which is the blue one, the green one is Life energy, the red is force energy, the white is aether energy, and until now we are still discovering and identifying the other energies."

"With the huge dosage of Awakening serum you took, it's natural that you can see Runic Energy now," Dr. Keyaruga said. "You can see things because your visual system got enhanced with the serum's energy. But not only your visual senses that got the enhancement, but you should also feel the enhancement of your other four senses.

"The senses differ among different living objects.

"Canines can only decipher signals in grayscale, so they cannot see colors. As for shrimps, their eyes contain sixteen different color sensory organs.

"The human visual system has a lot more color and light sensory organs compared to that of shrimps. We can see infrared to ultraviolet, and tens of thousands of colors in a large spectrum. Logically speaking, we can also directly see magnetic waves, the planet's magnetic field, a person's magnetic field, spirit energy, solar storms, and all sorts of natural phenomenon and forms of energy.

"But most of the visual sensory organs in a normal person are dormant. Only when you surpass the limits of your life are those sensory organs activated one after another, and you become capable of seeing a more radiant world. It also reveals more truths about the world.

"Being able to see Runic energy is the most basic thing that differentiates a normal human from a Champion."

"Congratulations, young Larry, you're close to  walking down the path of the Champion!" The principal said with a smile.

"We will have a Champion in our family now?" Leon and Xīng Jia li were both shocked and delighted.

Larry remained calm. He raised his right arm and exercised it a little. He could sense the active energy flowing slowly through his body. "I remember everything that happened that day. I heard that those who overdose with awakening serum have a high possibility of experiencing some sort of sequelae, and they're commonly known as broken-seed Champions. They're not in perfect condition, right?"

Dr.Keyaruga hesitated for a moment before he nodded and said, "That's right. You might be a broken-seed Champion ."

Alexa widened her eyes and quickly took over the conversation. "Dr. Kerayuga, what's wrong with being a broken-seed Champion?"

"Well, it isn't too much of a problem." Dr. Keyaruga smiled at the girl. "How much do you know about the Runic seed?"

"I know the answer!" Alexa raised her arm and rambled off the answer like a machine gun. "My book said that aside from the blood circulatory system, lymphatic system, nervous system, and other 8 systems, we have discovered the 12th system in our bodies, and it's known as the spirit consciousness where the runic seed resides. It emerged after the human race survived the virus.

"It was theorized that a fully matured runic seed(Tree) or Runic meridian is made of 1 meridian body, 4 meridian limbs, 16 Major meridian branches, 108 Midian meridian branches, and 1,024 Minor meridian branches. It's a very old circulatory system in our bodies, and it might have started forming since the moment the first intelligent lifeforms were born. When the intelligent lifeform started its evolution, it began to mature.

"Regardless of the ancient nautilidae or trilobite, who are both creatures who ruled the seven seas, the dinosaurs that were nearly one hundred meters tall, or other huge life forms, all of them showed signs of possessing the spirit consciousness system. Human predecessors were able to win against these huge creatures and claim ourselves to be the kings of all living beings because we have the highest number of meridians in our spirit consciousness. The Spirit consciousness system in our bodies is also the most complicated.

"However, hundreds of thousands of years ago, certain things happened on Earth. Maybe because Runic energy ran dry on Earth, or maybe because it was no longer of any use after humans proclaimed themselves kings of all beings, the spirit consciousness gradually regressed and became hidden in our bodies. They're just like tonsils appendixes. One usually isn't able to sense their presence, and with the emergence and integration of Runic Energy, we can now sense the once hidden Spirit Consciousness again.

"Yes. You've been doing well in your studies. You've managed to memorize all the crucial points," Dr. Keyaruga said. "The evolution of life has always adhered to the principle of improving things that we need and casting aside what we don't. When humans were able to use basic intelligence and simple tools to declare themselves as the rulers on Earth, why should they develop even stronger organs?

"It has to be known that stronger organs require more energy. For example, the human brain weighs less than five percent of the total mass of the body, but it requires thirty percent of the oxygen we take in and consumes thirty percent of our energy. If a brain was overdeveloped, it would also cause a series of reproductive and nurturing problems.

"It's the same with Runic meridians in our spirit consciousness. When Runic abilities are activated in the body, they start using up energy at an insane pace. In an environment where Runic energy has run dry, if the person only eats food through conventional means, even if they eat twenty-four hours a day, it would not make up for the energy required for the Runic meridians. In the end, they would 'starve' to death.

"Hence, during the competition to survive on Earth, being a normal human was the best solution for us.

Dr. Keyaruga looked at the girl and explained continuously.

"But with the rift——

2