Chapter 15 Runic Seed, Runic Tree, And Runic Meridian
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 2, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

(Info Dump Part 2)

•••••

Dr. Keyaruga looked at the girl and explained continuously.

"But with the rift... Our world became a 'battlefield' filled with Runic energy. Our cells have changed, and our evolution clocks have been forced to speed up several times their original speed. Everything, thus, has become different.

"There are creatures called sequential hermaphroditism on Earth's ecosphere.

Sequential hermaphroditism occurs when the individual changes their sex at some point in their life. Species that can undergo these changes from one sex to another do so as a normal event within their reproductive cycle that is usually cued by either social structure or the achievement of a certain age or size.

"One such example is the Indo-Pacific Cleaner Wrasse, It only has one male fish in a school, so it is surrounded by harems of female fish. If the male fish dies, the largest and fiercest of the remaining female fish soon change into a male fish.

"Aside from them, the swamp eels, true oysters, Nemo, and many other creatures have also shown signs of changing their sexes, just like the Indo-Pacific Cleaner Wrasse.

"This shows that when faced with stimulants from the world around us, genes can change. The survival strategies contained in a body can cause drastic changes in a person, and among them is changing a person from a normal human who only consumes a low amount of energy and has low fighting power to a superhuman, who uses a lot of energy, but has high fighting power.

"But the problem is that this sort of change definitely comes at a price.

"Let's go into the specifics regarding your brother. The Awakening Serum are made of concentrated Runic Energy and before he was ready, he received too much stimulation. Rampaging Runic energy surged into his body, it burned the Runic seed. It's just like how a circuit board would be burnt when the current that traveled through it was too strong."

"Ah!" The girl covered her mouth. "What happens when the Runic seed are burnt?"

"The Runic Tree inside our Spirit consciousness is divided by Major, Midian, and Minor meridian branches which are equivalent to 1,148 branches. You can compare every branch to an element, and every branch(Element) have leaves which represents the Runic Ability." Dr. Keyaruga explained patiently.

"Elite Warrior Runic Champions are said to have a maximum of 15 leaves. Their main cultivation goal is to evolve their Runic Ability(Leaves) to a higher Runic meridian branch. The more Runic Leaves they have, the more likely they are to form more complicated and powerful Runic Ability. They can also release more skills. (which means the leaves may have the same power with little difference)

"There are 1,153 meridian branches in the Spirit Consciousness. And since the Branch meridians are divided into 3 segments, so there is a category of Runic Ability. The 16 Major branch meridians that are known as the 'Dragon Meridian' have the strongest Runic Abilities(Leaves).

"When Champions cultivate Runic energy into their bodies, their Runic seed will grow into a tree and there is still a chance for a Champion's Runic Tree to sprout a leaf and become a Runic Champion. But a burnt Runic seed(Tree) will not sprout some leaves or in short, your brother might not have a chance to become a Runic Champion.

"When the rift was first introduced to our world, our martyrs didn't understand the secrets behind Spirit Consciousness, Runic Seeds, Runic tree, and Runic meridians. Just like your older brother, they got exposed to volatile energies as they fought madly on the battlefields, and when they were in life and death situations, they suddenly reached breakthroughs. This method of becoming a Runic Champion is crude, and it deals a lot of damage to the Runic Tree.

"Later on, we developed a mature and scientific cultivation system. With the nourishment from gene medicine, natural resources, Pod with the awakening serum, protection from the cultivation rooms, and guidance from powerful Champions, the difficulty and danger in awakening were decreased drastically.

"The Runic Champions who are awakened through scientific methods usually have a major meridian leaf in the beginning. The outstanding, talented people are even able to have 2-5 Major meridian leaves. They sometimes even have 10 leaves, which makes their cultivation and strength more monstrous than others."

"From 1-10?" Alexa made some calculations. "Others are able to have 1-10 Majo meridian leaves, but my big brother doesn't have any. Doesn't that mean that even if there were 10 of my brothers, he wouldn't be able to win against one of those scientifically awakened Runic Champions?"

"That's not necessarily true. Even being only a Champion, he can still destroy Runic Champions with wits, skill, and strategy. If he deploys his strategies well, he might be able to win against people with dozens of skills," Dr. Keyaruga said.

"But we usually believe that the upper limit for broken-seed Champion is rather low, and their cultivation speed is rather slow. Hence, it's much more difficult for them to reach higher realms."

"Then, what should we do? Can we cure him?" The girl was even more nervous than Larry.

"With the current medical technology, it is very hard for us to repair damaged Runic Seed," Dr. Keyaruga said. "But we are still not sure if his Runic Seed is damaged or not until he reached the cultivation of Level 1 or Elite Warrior Rank. We can only be sure when he becomes an official Champion.

"But if ever, the damaged Runic seed will not affect him in his daily tasks, life, learning, or fighting. He'll just be slower when it comes to cultivation. When he fights, the number of skills set he can combo will be lower, and it'll be harder for him to reach GrandMaster and Challenger realm.

"Speaking of which, most superhumans remain as Level 3, Level 5, or Level 6 Champion, which means that they're only able to stay at Elite Warrior and Master realm. It was very hard for your brother to survive that dangerous battle in the wild, so even if he's just a broken-seed Champion, he's still a Champion!"

Keyaruga's words were directed at the girl, but he also wanted to comfort Larry.

But Larry's mental state was even more stable than what Dr. Keyaruga thought. He nodded, even though he had some regrets, It is what it is.

"At that time, I was already exhausted and covered in injuries.

"I'm already very lucky that I was able to survive in that sort of situation. Paying a bit of a price for it is worth it."

Larry had long since reached an understanding.

If he used his skills wisely, he was sure he can become a deadly Champion. Regardless of whether it was his fighting style, instincts, adaptability, learning capability, shooting skills, and combat skills, all of his skills were incredibly good. They were not something that an average Fighter could compare to. His confidence came from the achievement of 'Martial Warrior' within a year.

When Leon and Xīng Jia li heard him say it, they sighed in relief.

They were incredibly happy that their son managed to survive and have the potential to become a Champion. Since he was a hardworking student, he would no longer have to worry about going to university or getting a job. This made them very happy.

Dr. Keyaruga was right. There were only a few people who could rise to great power. They did not hope that their son was a rare genius, anyway.

Now, this was pretty good.

Xīng Jia li even felt that being a broken-seed Champion was better. It meant that her son would not need to go into the depths of the wild and fight against the matchless Superbeast.

During the past few hours, when she saw her son laying in the ICU, she had been so terrified that she felt as if her soul had left her body.

1