Chapter 16 Support Champion
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 2, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

•••••

The Principal watched everything on the sideline, and when he saw Mr.Leon and Mrs. Xing's' expressions, he knew what they were thinking.

The Principal smiled and said, "To fighting-oriented occupations, it will pose as some problem if your Runic Tree is dead. But to supporting occupations, this isn't too important. For example, harvesters or porters mainly rely on cutting strength, precision, patience, analytical skills, knowledge, and wisdom not the Runic Ability."

The principal explained to Larry that aside from the other fighting occupation, that there are lots of other occupational that doesn't need brute force.

Fighting-oriented occupations required the Champions to release instantaneous forces, so it was only natural that they had to cultivate Runic Tree 'Leaves'.

Supporting occupations, however, paid attention to accumulating strength bit by bit and precise control. Regardless of whether it was harvesting, creating maps, or processing, they did not need to shout, strike their chests, and release explosive force.

"I heard from your father Leon that you're still thinking about whether you should enter the Special Forces course, Advanced Warfare course, or the  Logistic Resource course. It's perfect now. God has chosen for you. Come to Wellston unOrdinary University's strategic Course and become a Support Champion.

"The supporting occupations' requirements for realms are lower than those of fighting occupations. With your talent, I'm sure you will definitely have a bright future in the field.

The Principal did his best to invite Larry to Wellston unOrdinary University. "I also have quite a number of friends who are lecturers there. I also go and give lectures there sometimes. We can help you refine your non-combat skills."

Leon and Xīng Jia li nodded simultaneously.

Compared to the fighting occupations that would require their son to fight a lot, it was only natural that they hoped that he would choose a supporting occupation instead because it was slightly safer.

No matter how dangerous a supporter's life was, it was still better than that of the frontline hunters who had to venture deep into the wilds.

Larry thought about it and said, "Headmaster, filling up the application form is a major event in my life. I have to think about it carefully. Can I give you the answer after the exam?"

"Of course. Then rest well today," said the principal with a smile.

Dr. Keyaruga performed another series of checks, and through remote consultation, he conversed with the famous doctors in other Sanctuaries regarding Larry's physiological parameters. Doctor Su Yuan soon completed the examination, and what happened to his seed was not found out.

Once they were sure that he had completely recovered, the Xīng family finally felt at ease.

And since Larry was already in great condition, he did not need anyone accompanying him for the night and insisted that his family went back home to rest well.

....

The following day, March 3, his friends Jack and Bruce paid him a visit, even the Principal will visit him again later with the Vice Governor.

"Congratulations! Bruce and Jack, both of you guys really awakened. I still can't believe it...

"F*ck!

"It's like both of you stole my luck! Hahahahaha!" Larry burst out laughing. "But, honestly, I'm proud and happy for the both of you!"

Bruce can't help but be concerned every time he sees Larry's pallid face, he knew his friend so well that he can recognize that Larry is in pain emotionally. "Bro, we were quite concerned about you on that day. Take a look at your face; are you sure there's nothing wrong with your body?" but Bruce also knew that his friend's eq is high as f*ck, so Larry will be fine.

"Dude, I'm healthy as bull." Larry smiled and flexed his sleek muscled arms. "Do you see these muscles? This muscles can beat the shit out of the two of you, even if your're both Runic Champions." Larry boasted.

Hearing Larry's shamelessness, Jack stood up and started punching in the air, showcasing his punching speed "Really? Then Prove it!" he challenged.

Larry's neck shrank when he heard Jack's challenge, "Bro, I'm still in the process of recovery so I can't." he excused shamelessly.

"You said it yourself that you will beat the shit out of me so stop making excuses!" Jack is trying to provoke Larry, he continued "If you can't take a punch... We do the old way, let's play arm-wrestling!" Jack suggested excitedly, it was his plan all along because he wants to show off his runic ability.

But before Larry could retort, Jack already started stretching his arm with exaggeration and full of provocation. "Come here, let me show you who's your daddy."

"What?" Surprised by Jack's remark, Larry countered. "Even though I look like this, you think you can beat me? You are still 10 years early, kiddo."

Larry also started bragging as he stood up from his bed, and to showcase his confidence, he began to crack his knuckles and exercise his dominant hand. "I'm so good at this game that they started calling my hand, the God's Hand." he smirked.

"What god's hand? You mean, the Virgin Hand!" Jack teased with sarcasm.

Bruce, after looking at the well-decorated room and seeing his friends getting warmed up, he panicked. "Wait, wait! Don't do it here!...

"Let's do it on the table, you muscle heads might break something, we don't want to pay any damages, do we?"

Bruce broke out in cold sweat seeing the 1st class Med Pod and antique vases. He almost had an heart attack just thinking about the price they have to pay if they accidentally scratched, dented, or broke it. Even though both he and Jack are wealthy, it's their families' wealth, not theirs.

Larry and Jack was about to wrestle but after they heard Bruce they both stopped awkwardly. And, after they noticed  the expensive equipments and decorations, they both gulped and laughed bashfully at the same time. "Tehehe."

.....

After 1 minute, a table was arranged between Larry and Jack.

Larry sat down at the left side of the table and started to get ready. His left hand gripping the left side corner of the table giving him some leverage, putting his left foot at back and right foot at the front to balance his body so he could use his weight to his advantage.

Looking at Jack's eyes, Larry taunted. "You still think you can beat me, Huh! Then let me show you the difference between Heaven and Earth."

Jack also sat down and started to get ready and after seeing Larry's arrogance, he smiled wickedly, he will make sure to use his Runic ability and teach Larry an unforgettable lesson.

"The loser will have to massage the feet of the winners." Jack smirked evilly.

Larry started to get nervous seeing Jack's wicked smile and confidence. Larry then guessed that Jack would cheat so he began to prepare some contingency plans.

"Ok, but for how long?" asked Bruce.

"30 minutes." Jack answered confidently.

However, as the game was about to begin, Larry's eyes widened the moment his hand made contact with Jack's hand.

Larry was so confused and he still can't process what's happening, but when it dawned on him, he was so shocked and happy at the same time.

But Larry still can't believe it, so to make sure it was real, he touched Jack's hand again and then—

1