Chapter 17 Jack’s Rune
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 2, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

•••••

Larry saw the unbelievable...

A transparent screen with golden characters are floating in front of him again.

Larry was so happy that he wanted to sing, but he restrained himself because his voice sucks.

...

[Name] Jack Chen

[Race] Human

[Energy] H-High

[Grade] Warrior-Rank 1

[Cultivation Talent] Baron

***

[Attributes]:

•  [Strength]: Warrior-Rank 1           

•  [Dexterity]: Warrior-Rank 1

•  [Constitution]: Warrior-Rank 1

•  [Intelligence]: Warrior-Rank 2

•  [Charisma]: Warrior-Rank 3

•  [Wisdom]: Warrior-Rank 2

***

[Runes]:

[Shadow state]:

• [Passive] Night Vision.

• [Passive] Resistance against shadow attack.

• [Passive] Increase Traveling Speed while in the shadows.

• [Passive] 100% Pure Physical Defense while in the shadow state

• [Active] Shadow Stealth- The ability to hide within the shadows. (5s/CD*)

• [Active] Shadow Movement- The user can hide and travel within the shadows and remain undetected. The technique can be use to escape and spy on individuals without leaving behind physical evidence or tracks.

[Limitations]:

• Useless in the absence of shadows.

• Shadow state will be canceled if you attack.

• The shadow state only exist in 2D Shape.(Can't materialize)

• Must be able to touch or be near(2m)  to a shadow to activate.

• 0% Resistance against energy attacks, elemental attacks, and energy imbued attacks.

***

[Evolution]: Shadow-Borne

.....

Larry's heart started beating rapidly after seeing some floating Golden Characters in front of him. However, just as he was about to touch and study the words, Jack interrupted him.

"Hey, Larry!" Jack shouted as he pushed Larry's hand, and that push broke the skin contact between Jack and Larry.

Bruce also noticed Larry's blank expression and unfocused eyes, he became concerned. "Are you ok bro?"

Hearing Bruce's voice, Larry was startled, he snapped out of his daze.

"Ha? I, Uhhh...." Larry stuttered. "I, I'm alright."

Seeing the worried look of his friends. Larry started to think how to hide his embarrassment.

All sorts of excuses flashed in Larry's mind but he was just too shocked at the moment to come up with a decent and believable excuse.

"I just felt my stomach grumbled. I think I need to use the bathroom." Larry explained while holding his stomach exaggeratedly to make his lame excuse more believable.

Jack immediately quipped jokingly, "What my stomach grumbled? Dude, stop making excuses and just admit that you can't beat me."

Bruce looked at Larry suspiciously and said. "Do you want me to call the doctor for you?"

When Larry noticed the suspicious expression of Bruce, he immediately controlled his emotions and responded. "No need to call the Doctor, you guys are overreacting. I will just simply shit this out then I'm good." and, to avoid more questions Larry dashed into the bathroom.

....

After getting inside the bathroom; Larry immediately sat on the toilet, he closed his eyes, and started taking deep breaths to calm down. And, after his thoughts and emotions calmed down a little, Larry's mind began to think clearly.

"Hmmmmm?"

His friends were probably unable to see it, or else, if such a strange screen had started floating around the room, they would have started asking tons of questions.

Also, it was rather familiar, he seemed to have seen this strange screen during the runic test, so Larry tried to remember everything that happened.

But he could not seize the details of the entire affair.

Just when he was about to give up, a flash of lightning suddenly illuminated his mind.

It was accompanied by a great headache.

Larry was drenched in cold sweat because his head hurt so much that he felt as if it was about to split apart.

Feeling the intense headache, Larry almost growled so he wrapped his hands around his head and gritted his teeth, but the pain won't go away.

Larry endured the pain and closed his eyes, he began taking deep breaths in and out, hoping the pain will go away immediately.

Minutes passed by slowly and the pain eased little by little, and after 20 minutes all the pain was gone as if he didn't experience it.

He remembered it now, during the Runic Test he saw a huge leafless tree and an enormous eastern-looking dragon. He also remembered that the dragon released some golden orbs.

He was so terrified at that moment especially when the golden orbs immediately flew into his head, some golden orbs even shattered with a bang and turned into shards with profound and complicated symbols.

At that time, hundreds of shards of golden orbs danced madly within Larry's field of vision. Then, they twisted about to turn from strange letters that looked like earthworms to even stranger words. They looked like a message that came from beyond the constellations and the depths of the universe itself.

He thought the things he saw was just a dream, caused by the side effect of the serum. But soon he realized the things that happened and saw inside his Spirit consciousness were actually real.

Larry is feeling ecstatic, he realized that he was not actually a broken-seed Champion, he was so happy he started laughing "Hahahahahaha!"

Hearing Larry laughing inside the bathroom, Bruce is getting more skeptical of Larry, he started banging the bathroom door and yelled. "Hey Larry! What Happened? We heard you laughing, bro. Did you already impregnate your right hand?" he joked.

Larry was so happy he forgot he have his friends outside. "Im alright! I just saw something funny, my sh*t looks like Jack. And stop banging the door! You are interupting my p**ping!"

Larry knew he hit the jackpot this time, he still can't believe it... The heavens have blessed him, and whats more? He got the 'The Legendary System!!!'

"This is awesome, with this 'System' the possibilities are endless." Larry started daydreaming about the day the superbeast will no longer threaten the human race.

He was incredibly delighted for a moment, but the pleasure came to an abrupt end.

Larry had a complicated expression on his face because something occurred to him. He was worried that if somehow the news of his power got leaked, his life will be in danger and maybe even his family.

If his power got exposed and without proper strength to protect it...

Human desires and greed will be evoked, a lot of people will get jealous they will desire to have it, control it, or even destroy it. Even Larry himself understood how very invaible his power is.

Larry clenched his fist and murmured, the 'Legendary System', he then started forming various plans inside his head

.....

Before the Apocalypse, when Larry was still in Junior-high, he loves reading novels. His favorites are the ones with 'Systems' and because he was an avid reader, he already knows what to do next....

And it was to summon the Legendary Interface!

"System starto." Larry whispered. "No? lets try this one, System Activate!"

"Still have no response." Larry started thinking, he is trying to remember all the magic words he knew. "Abracadabra! Status! Status Activate! Attributes!Lulubog Lilitaw!"

"Argh! This is not working." Larry is getting frustrated, he tried everything he remembered but none worked, so Larry decided to change his approach.

Larry stood up from the toilet and he started to dance and chant inside the washroom. And, while he was dancing and chanting, he is hoping for his new approach to work since he is already at the end of his rope.

"Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao, Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao, Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao."

Larry is getting vexed, he is dancing and chanting for 2 minutes like an idiot. but there are still no reaction so he stopped and started thinking again.

"One last try, I hope this last one works." Larry thought with frustration.

"Bibbidi—

"Bobbidi—

"Booo!!!

"WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK!—

2