Chapter 18 Devour
60 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 3, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

•••••

"WHAT THE F*CK???.... It worked!" Larry sighed a relief, he finally saw his own stats.

Larry wiped the cold sweat on his forehead and forced a smile. Because of the antics he did and the headache earlier, his pale face became even paler. Now, he look liked a vampire.

...

[Name] Larry T. Xīng

[Race] Human

[Energy] H-High

[Cultivation] Lvl 0/Warrior-Rank 1 (50%)

[Cultivation Talent] Devour-Soldier Rank

***

[Attributes]:

• [Strength]: Warrior-Rank 1 (78%)             

• [Dexterity]: Warrior-Rank 1 (86%)               

• [Constitution]: Warrior-Rank 1 (60%)       

• [Intelligence]: Warrior-Rank 1 (50%)

• [Charisma]: Warrior-Rank 2 (98%)

• [Wisdom]: Warrior-Rank 1 (78%)<-Progress Bar 

***

[Runes]:

[Copy]

• [Active]: The ability to Copy Runes.

• Need to touch the target to activate.

• Cooldown: 6 months (Warrior Rank-1).

• Number of Copies: 0/3 (Warrior Rank-1).

• 10 seconds of direct contact to successfully copy (Warrior Rank-1).

.....

Larry is getting agitated seeing his owns stats. He doesn't know how to express his feelings right now, it was beyond euphoric. He wanted to celebrate but his excitement immediately died down because he remembered his friends are still outside. So he took a deep breath to calm his nerves so he can focus.

And, now that he can see his own stats, he focused his attention to the attributes and started studying it even though he knew what strength, dexterity, and intelligence meant.

He still needs to clarify every words to make sure it is what it meant to.

"PHYSIQUE"

[Strength]- Measuring physical power and carrying capacity.

[Constitution]- Measuring endurance, stamina and good health.

[Dexterity]- Measuring agility, balance, coordination and reflexes.

"MENTAL/BRAIN"

[Intelligence]- Measuring deductive reasoning, cognition, knowledge, memory, logic, reaction speed and rationality.

[Wisdom]- Measuring self-awareness, common sense, restraint, perception and insight.

[Charisma]- Measuring force of personality, persuasiveness, leadership and Charm.

'The AP bracelet that I borrowed in the dojo has the same evaluation, a cultivation of Warrior Rank 1.' Larry thought, he realized that the evaluation between the status panel and AP bracelet have some similarities, however, he soon discovered that the status panel is more comprehensive than the AP bracelet.

But, despite the more detailed description of the status panel Lary was still confused because there are some unfamiliar words to him.

Seeing the unfamiliar words, Larry pondered, 'Hmm? Energy Lvl and a Cultivation Talent of Devour-Soldier Rank? This is the first time I heard these terms.' he thought.

Larry don't want to assume things even though he knows how attributes works in systems, so he have to double check in case he got it wrong or miss something crucial. He then concentrated on those unfamiliar words, and the descriptions immediately popped up.

[Cultivation Talent]- Devour-Soldier Rank

[Devour]- The ablity to devour any energy.

• The ability to perceive and absorb the purest form of energy.

• The ability to Absorb the Life Essence of any dying Entity.

• The ability to convert any energy to the purest energy.

• The ability to convert any energy to another energy

The various Runic energies that came to earth are not separated: The mana, ki, force, and other Runic energies are mixed together floating in the atmosphere. And, makes the foundation of Runic Champions unstable because they are not capable to separate or filter the mixed Runic energies they consume to the specific energy they need.

The various Runic energies that came to earth are not separated: The mana, ki, force, and other Runic energies are all mixed together floating in the atmosphere.

And, with all that tangled energies; the foundation of average Champions and Runic Champions became unstable and weak since the Runic energy they consume are full of impurities. And that impurities came from their inability to separate or filter the mixed Runic energies they consume to the specific energy they need.

So after reading the description of Devour, Larry felt that his System is getting more absurd. But Larry felt happy and satisfied at the same time because the abilities of 'Devour' will make his foundation firmer in cultivation.

And, with the poor foundations of Runic Champions, Larry felt confident that he can dominate every people who are at the same league as him.

[Soldier Rank] The Talent in cultivation.

• Current cultivation limit; Elite Warrior-Rank 1 or Lvl 3 Runic Champion.

• Needs to absorb and devour more life essence to break the bottleneck.

Reding the descriptions of the Soldier-rank talent made Larry felt the pressure because he doesn't know how many lives he has to consume to break the bottleneck of his cultivation limit of Elite Warrior.

After understanding the essence of his cultivation talent Larry decided to take it slow and carefully think this through before he could make an irreversible decision.

And, to know more about his cultivation talent and on how to easily break-through to the Master grade, he needs to conduct a lot of experiments and test some of its limitations.

Larry started rubbing his hands because he saved the best for last. Now, the only thing he hasn't check is his Runic Ability.

[Runes]:

[Copy]

• [Active] The ability to Copy Runes.

• Cooldown: 6 months.

• Need to touch the target to activate.

• Number of Copies: 0/3(Warrior Rank-1)

• 10 seconds of direct contact to successfully copy.(Warrior Rank-1)

Larry was speechless, surely, it didn't disappoint him. 'The ability to Copy someone's Runes... The ability to Copy someone's Runes...' he thought repeatedly and absentmindedly.

"I have 3 slots and the cooldown is 6 months. I need to make the best out of it!

"And, now, that I only have three slots I can't just copy any runes. I need to study every rune and plan carefully. At this stage what I need is synergy more than raw power" Larry started fantasizing about the limitless potential of ability combinations.

.....

Larry has been staring blankly at the ceiling for a time now, thinking about his Rune. He only came out of his daze when he heard a loud knocking

[Knock!][Knock!]

(This was supposed to be a knock-knock joke but I changed my mind.)

"Larry! You've been there for 40 minutes! The Prinicipal is already here, he wants to talk to you." Jack yelled, "Bruce and I will go out and buy some snacks, do you want anything?"

"I'm already done! Tell the Principal I will be there in a minutes. Oh! and buy me some Vada pav and 3 tacos!" Larry shouted.

The awakening of his Runic seed was certainly exciting, but what excited him even more was that the Runic ability he awakened... it seemed to be the most incredible one. It was the ability to copy other Runic Abilities.

Larry is overly excited, he already knew his power is very overpowered and he only understood 60% of his ability.

'I'm able to copy another person's Runic ability... My own Rune is just too overpowered! Before I get the power to protect evereone I care for, I need to keep it a secret! I better not let anyone else know!' Larry thought.

After checking everything that the system had to offer, Larry had to just think about closing the system and it did. When he thought about opening it again, he still have to say the magic word and the screen immediately popped up in front of him.

.....

After 59 seconds Larry got out of the bathroom and met the Principal, "Sorry for the wait Headmaster, I just have a lot of things to let out of my system." he excused. "Headmaster, I heard you want to discuss something."

"Larry, the main reason I came today is to discuss the compensation of the Alliance and Future Tech company to you." The principal went straight to the point. 

"I will get straight to the point. During your Runic test, Vice Governor Yu Jin ho said that the Alliance will compensate either you or your family.

"You must know your accident is a big scandal, so don't let them take advantage of you and make sure they bleed during the negotiations! Its the alliance fault that the accident happened! They have to pay the price of endangering your life!"

The Principal can't help but clench his fist, he is getting angry everytime he remembers that accident. Even though Larry is just one of his many students, he loves and cares for his every students, he always wants the best for them.

"Headmaster, don't you think it will put me in danger if I demanded more?" Larry asked worriedly, even though he wants to ask for more compensation, he doesn't have the guts to be greedy in front of great power. He still doesn't have the strength to protect any valuable assets from hungry vultures so he doesn't dare risk it.

"Don't worry Larry, we have the upper hand and I will have your back!" The Principal smiled and promised Larry that he will not be touch by anyone.

"And If anyone dares to touch you or your family they will have to face my wrath. You can also ask protection from Vice Governor Yu Jin-ho, he promised if you survive he will let you choose 3 items from his treasures so use it well."

Larry bowed and sincerely said. "Thank you Headmaster for always supporting me."

3