Chapter 19 First Copy
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 3, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

•••••

Larry is getting excited, the gears in his mind started working fast knowing there is an opportunity to make more money. He started forming some devious plans on how he will milk the government. But to not make a fool out of himself during the negotiations, he needs some more detailed information.

So Larry asked various questions to the principal in the next 30 minutes, but before he could implement any of his plans, there is still one thing he has to make sure of—

And that is, "Headmaster, what do you think is the upper limit of the Alliance?" Larry asked.

"Hmm, If we put material or monetary value in it young Larry. I would say maybe billions of dollars or anything that range between level 6 and level 9 materials." the principal explained patiently. 

Seeing the patience and generosity of the principal in answering all his questions, Larry shamelessly asked more questions. "Headmaster, do you have some advice or idea on what should I demand?"

"Remember kid, P-Base is not the one responsible for the Pod. The one who will bear the responsibility for this is the ASEAN and Future Tech Company which is the manufacturer that is under the World Council, so you can be unreasonable with your demands"

"But Young Larry, you should also know that no money can buy anything beyond level 9 materials because level 10 or better known as the Challenger materials can only be traded with something with the same value and the government will not fork that kind of compensation for you." The Principal assured Larry he can ask for anything he wants as long as it can be measured by money.

"I understand Headmaster." Larry nodded.

After hearing all the details he needs, he started thinking what kind of demand he will ask. But Larry is fidgeting nervously, he doesn't know if any of his plans will work.

The principal noticed Larry's nervousness. "No need have to worry about anything young Larry, remember you have my support." The principal smiled amiably he asked "Do you have any more questions young Larry?"

"When will they come?" Larry inquired anxiously.

"They will arrive later, I think within 3 hours so don't be nervous. We can still relax and enjoy the snacks that Bruce and Jack bought." The principal smiled.

"Young Larry, I think you should call your parents and let them know." the principal advised.

Hearing the principal, Larry has an awkward look. "Sorry headmaster, I won't involve my parents to this so I will handle this on my own." the involvement of his parents might disrupt his plans so he heavily rejected the idea of his parents getting involved. 

"Headmaster, I can't call my family. I don't want my parents to worry with something like this... This negotiation will only add more stress to them and I don't want that to happen." Larry apologized sincerely. "Headmaster, I'm sorry I can't really follow your advice because I don't want to add more stress to my parents' life. I will only deliver the good news to my family."

The principal nodded he was satisfied with Larry's actions. "Good, good! You really care for your family." the principal smiled with satisfaction.

.....

After 45 minutes Jack and bruce came back carrying 4 plastic bags full of food.

"Guys, what took you so long? You guys almost took 1 hour to buy some snacks. And what's with that 4 plastic bags? Don't tell me all these bags contain food." Larry asks like a frustrated wife. 

"It's Mikey's fault!" Jack shouted.

"Alright, alright, no more excuses. Give me the bag, I'm already hungry!" Larry stood up and snatched the bag from Bruce, and while Larry was snatching the bag he also touched Bruce discreetly.

While they were eating, Larry was using his old model phone. He is researching on the internet some of the Runic Abilities he can potentially take from a Runic Champion.

But to his dismay, he can't find any viable target because seeing a Runic Champion is rare for a student like him and touching one is a death wish. 

Larry can't help but scratch his head looking at his stupid-looking friends. He can't delay choosing a Runic Ability because he needs to take advantage of the cooldown. So in the end, Larry chose to copy his friends' Runic Ability.

But when Larry was about to speak, the principal said something. "Bruce, Jack, both of you should go home already, some important people will come later."

Jack asked curiously. "Who will come headmaster? Why can't we stay?"

The principal explained seriously. "The Vice Governor will come later and we have some matters that we need to discuss, it's confidential so both of you are not allowed to stay."

Before his friends could talk, Larry immediately butted in, "Headmaster, I need to get some fresh air so I'm going to escort them outside." Larry stood up and put his arms over his friends' shoulders. "You guys should go home, you can still visit me tomorrow and continue the arm-wrestling match."

Coming back to his room after escorting his friends outside, Larry has a wide and satisfied grin.

.....

After 1 hour, Vice Governor Yu Jin-ho arrived and entered Larry's room with two people.

Seeing both Larry and the principal inside the VIP room, Yu Jin ho enthusiastically greeted them "Good afternoon to you Headmaster and Larry, I hope you have been well."

After greeting Larry, Yu Jin ho enthusiastically intruduced the two guest, one male and one female. "This here is Ms. Chao and Mr. Dela Cruz and they are here to resolve the issue about the accident."

"Hi, my name is Stephany Chao, I'm here to represent the Future Tech Company that created the Pod that was used". Stephany smiled charmingly while shaking hands with Larry and the principal.

"I'm the representative of the ASEAN government, Antonio Dela Cruz. I work directly to senator Mohamed Suharto and I'm here to happily discuss the details of our cooperation." Dela Cruz is trying to be intimidating by showing them his status and who he is working for, obviously, his act was a total failure.

The principal was about to shake hands with Dela Cruz but seeing Dela Cruz's attitude, he squinted his eyes. 

Yu Jin ho wanted to impress Larry so after seeing the way Dela Cruz' act he saw his opportunity. He immediately released some of his aura, he can only do this the hard way. 

Seeing the awkward atmosphere, Stephany tried to step in and break the ice. "Ahem, Ahem! Why don't we start the meeting?"

2