Chapter 20 Yu Jin ho’s Decision
141 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 3, 2028

ASEAN, P-Base Sanctuary

Katsuyu Medical Centre, Sector 1

•••••

Seeing the mood getting tense, Stephany started handing them the documents containing the report of the investigation. "Here is the report of the investigation on the Pod that Larry used."

Then Stephany started briefing them on the content of the investigation.

"Knowing that the Pod is Company secret, only the Future Tech and the ASEAN Government collaborated on this investigation.

"As you can see, the results of the investigation indicates that we didn't found any problem with the Pod, therefore, we concluded that the Pod is not the problem.

"We thought that maybe the pod was tampered so we started looking for any evidence of human intervention, but our investigation was futile because we still didn't found any evidence." Stephany explained the long process of the investigation.

Larry is calm on the surface but deep inside he is worried because he had a hunch that the accident was caused by his ability.

"We even investigated Mr. Larry, we even reviewed his medical and test results." Stephany looked into Larry's eyes and continued to explain.

Larry is getting nervous, they might have found out about his seed(Tree). If the government found out that he has some kind of unique abilities, he might not see the morning light again.

"But we found nothing, we didn't even found any single abnormality," Stephany said.

Larry tried to wipe his non-existent sweat.

The principal is getting agitated. "What do you mean Ms. Stephany? Does your company trying to avoid the responsibility?"

"Don't worry Mr. Principal, we might not have found the cause of the accident, so we are here to compensate Mr. Larry." Stephany smiled politely.

The principal wanted to argue but Dela Cruz started handing them some documents.

"Mr. Principal and Mr. Larry this is the contract we have prepared for you, it contains all the details and relevant remuneration, have a look." Dela Cruz gave the contract for them to examine.

Yu Jin ho also has a copy of the contract, but he immediately squinted his eyes when he saw the contents of the contract. And, after reading the last line of the contract, Yu Jin ho burned the paper.

Larry and the Headmaster were startled by Yu Jin ho's action.

Stephany was calm as water but Dela Cruz immediately lost his cool after seeing the contract being burned. He stood up angrily, his saliva squirting every time he speak. "What is the meaning of this Vice Governor!? This is a blatant disrespect!"

"Clearly, you people are not being sincere. I must say Mr.Dela Cruz, the nerve to show me this kind of contract is commendable." Yu Jin ho started releasing his Peak Master aura. "I think your higher-ups doesn't understand the magnitude of this situation...

"A POD created by Future Tech Company and was approved by the ASEAN Authorities malfunctioned during the Runic Test. And, that particular POD started injecting more than the required dosage of Serum to a 'Martial Warrior' student.

"And, that martial warrior student who took the test got out of the POD while being covered by his own blood, heavily wounded, and dying." Yu Jin-ho smiled and asked, "That will make a GREAT headline on the news, don't you think so Mr. Dela Cruz?"

"Are you threatening us VICE Governor?" the conversation is getting heated, Dela Cruz doesn't want to back down, he was ready to call his superior.

"I'm not threatening you, I'm warning the both of you! As the Vice governor of P-Base Sanctuary, It's my responsibility to bring justice to my citizen!" Yu Jin ho said full of sense of justice, he continues, "We can also add in the news that the one responsible for the accident is trying to intimidate the victim and run away from its responsibilities." Yu jin-ho smirked.

To save him and the P-Base from the critics of media, Yu Jin ho had been racking his brain for days on how will solve this issue without damaging his political career, and pleasing Larry are one of the best solutions he could think of.

Larry and the principal were shocked, they didn't expect the Vice Governor to go that far and stand with them.

When Yu Jin ho declared the involvement of the P-base government, Dela Cruz immediately abandoned his evil plans. He'd rather lose his job than lose his head. Even though he only got his position through connections, he was not narrow-minded. This was supposed to be an easy assignment, and, handling a Master Runic Champion was already beyond his pay grade.

Stephany smiled wryly. "What do you want Mr. Yu Jin-ho?" she was still calm when Yu Jin ho burned the contract because the first contract was just supposed to test the waters but she immediately lost her composure when she heard that the media might get involved.

Stephany thought this was going to be a peaceful discussion and she already knew that the P-Base's local authorities will interfere on this issue, but what she didn't expect was the P-Base will have a strong stance pertaining to this particular issue.

But what Stephany didn't know was it was solely Yu Jin ho's decision to save his ass. As for the other P-Base authorities, they have nothing to do with Yu Jin ho's actions.

"100 Million will not cut it and don't ask me, ask Mr. Larry what he wants." Yu Jin ho said, he winked at Larry.

Larry was startled when the vice governor mentioned his name.

"I, uhh..." Larry appeared to be nervous but he was actually delighted on the inside.

Larry concealed his delighted expression because the opportunity given by Vice governor Yu Jin ho was heaven-sent. It was a very good timing to just let it pass, he will not waste it.

Seeing the nervous expression of Larry, Yu Jin ho said. "Larry, always remember that the P-Base will always have your back and we will not let you down! So don't be nervous and just state your demands."

"Just always remember that P-Base will always be your home." Yu Jin-ho smiled, satisfied with his acting.

Larry bowed to Yu Jin ho with gratitude. "Thank you very much Vice Governor for your support. But... can I think for a minute or two Governor?" He started thinking about how he will use this situation to his advantage and maximize this opportunity.

Yu Jin-ho was pleased with Larry's flattery. "Of course, of course, take your time as much as you want and while you decide on what you want, Mr. Dela Cruz here will prepare another contract." Yu Jin ho smiled at Dela Cruz in a teasing manner.

Dela Cruz might be feeling indignant but he still made another contract because when Yu Jin ho showed his seriousness Dela Cruz already knew it was already a lost battle.

Dela Cruz was seething in anger, not to Larry or the vice governor but to the one who assigned him to this mission.

Usually, Dela Cruz's superior always handles everything behind the shadows, so he thought it was like his other usual assignments where his superior already settled everything and that he was only going to show up for formalities.

Dela Cruz will no longer pursue the matter, he already gave up. He will just let them do what they want, and let his superior handle the rest later.

2