Chapter 2: Words that Bite
319 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Soo Luna, how is work as a model?” I cast a glare at Akito, he’s trying to make small talk and getting friendly, I know he’s not interested, as he’s probably a bit scared of incurring my wrath.

Luna displays her radiant smile, the fake one. “Oh it’s fun. It used to be small time but I changed agencies during the last 6 months, and had to move here because of the contract.”

“I see, I see. Sooo.”

“Akito, shut up.” I already know he was going to ask about us. I don’t want to talk about it.

Luna hasn’t even looked at me once since we started showing her around.

“Anything you want to see?” He asks the silver haired girl.

She places a finger on her chin, while tapping the floor with the tip of her foot. Seems she still has her habits. “What about the cafeteria? I am slightly hungry.”

Akito looks between me and her. “Are you uh, sure that’s a good idea? I’m sorry for my outburst, but I think the whole school knows already.”

“Just do as the Princess says. Her wish is our command.” My tone has a bit more bite than I intended, but it doesn’t matter. 

Akito tilts his head and looks at Luna. “Princess?”

I’m still keeping my gaze on my phone, but out of the corner of my eye I can tell she’s blushing. That used to be her nickname. It was given to her during middle school, but it became something I used to call her when we were playing around. Now? It couldn’t fit more. Sitting on her high pedestal, ordering the commoners around.

“Mmm it’s fine, let’s go!” She displays her jovial smile and skips ahead, before stopping, probably realised she has no clue where the cafeteria is.

Akito let’s out a chuckle, before leading the way.

As we enter the cafeteria, a few whispers goes around and almost 400 pairs of eyes are on us. I can tell Akito is getting uncomfortable, he’s not used to the attention. Honestly, neither am I, but the stares of a few teenagers is nothing to me anymore.

When did I even become like this? Apathetic, cold, unfeeling? I know it’s her fault, but I can’t pinpoint when I changed.

“So, Luna if I can ask, are you looking for a boyfriend here? Girlfriend?”

“Hmm? Why do you ask?” Her tone is sharp, it’s the same one I use. Akito flinches at the familiarity. “Nothing, I just wanted to get to know you better, since it seems we’ll be showing you around for a while, and I thought you could use friends.”

Friends huh.

“Mmm, no I’ve stayed away from dating since….well I’m focusing more on my work and school. Dating isn’t important.”

Hah. Not important, yeah that explains a lot.

Silence ensues, I’m sure a few of the closer tables heard our conversation, this idiot doesn’t know when to shut his mouth.

I let out another sigh. “Let’s just go stand in line, I’m hungry.”

14