Chapter 4: Coincidence?
318 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Up to chapter 13 is out on Patreon.

 

I look over my shoulder for the fifth time in a short while. She’s still following me. Why is she even walking?

Haah. I’m just going to get it out of the way. I stop and turn around, staring at the girl following me. “I assume you live in this direction?” She just gives me a nod. Great. I’ll have to see her to and from school I suppose.

Walking for another five minutes, things start to get weird. I don’t live that far from the school, my parents bought an apartment in a semi high-end area that has a gate into the premise. Wait...isn’t…

I look over my shoulder at the girl, and I think she’s realised the same I have. Of course she would live in an apartment complex owned by her father. 

We got a good deal on the apartment since our parents are still good friends, even though her parents hate me now.

A few minutes later I’m in front of the gate, and I scan my bracelet for the gate to open. I hate inefficiency, even though I’m lazy, so I’m just holding the gate open so Luna can enter. I’m still not sure why I’m bothering with her, maybe I should just pretend she doesn’t exist?

Things are starting to get really suspicious. She’s still in the elevator, we’re on the 6th floor, and my apartment is on the 8th floor. I can see Luna is fidgeting behind me.

I distract myself by looking at the view. We’re high up, so I can see the city from here. It’s boring, dull, gray, at least during the day. During night there are lights, events, people. Things are different now in 2321 than they were a few hundred years ago.

We still have the records from 300 years ago, apparently the pandemic was supposed to only last a year or two, but it spanned almost a century.

New technologies, medicine, everything developed into a more technology based society than it already was.

“8th floor.”

Thank you miss elevator.

I walk out and over to my apartment, 805. Scanning my bracelet on the door it opens, and just as I’m about to enter I snap my head to my left. To 804.

“Are you kidding me?”

The girl shrinks back.

“I can understand the same apartment complex, considering your family owns it. But right next door to me? Explain.”

“I-i-i- i didn’t know. It was my mother. My father is the one who sold your parents yours, it’s just a mix up, I think.”

I let out a deep breath, calm yourself Rei.

“Fine.”

I enter my apartment and lock the door behind me, before sliding down to the floor.

Why did she have to re-enter my life. I was finally getting over you.

15