Chapter 12
338 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

and this is the last chapter for now! In the coming weeks I will be heavily revising and cleaning up the novel. Mostly since my skill as an author has increased since the last time I've touched this novel. Anyways, enjoy!


I stood up and stretched out my limbs, and kept my human female form for the time being. Now that I had two host forms, I could now focus on making a god. But the question is, what kind of god did I want to make, and what race did I want to base it on?

I looked through my species templates as I tried to figure it out. I had a bunch of races that I could call on and make something out of. But really, what I wanted was a god that would act as a protector. With that thought in mind, I dismissed a bunch that I didn’t really fit that narrative. With that finished, all that was left on my list were the Dragon kin, Demons, and Nephilim. Not that I had anything against the other races, but these three were the strongest that I had. So it only felt natural to build a powerful force around it.

So now I needed to weigh out the pros and cons of all three. Let’s see, Dragonkin was physically strong and had access to unique magic. The Demons were on par with the Dragonkin in sheer physical might, yet they were restricted in the type of magic that they could use. The Nephilim, on the other hand, had a very strong martial prowess and were quite potent mages.

More than likely, I would go with the Nephilim. I mean, while the other two were strong, the Nephilim just seemed to dwarf them all in terms of strength and magic. I selected the Nephilim template and dragged it over to the machine and dropped it in. Much like what it did to me, it summoned two genders for me to choose from. To be honest, I wasn’t sure what role gender would play in the overall strength of the god. But the female form was far nicer to look at least.

I selected it and gazed at the female form as I tried to work out how I wanted her to look. I scaled back the skin tone just a little, keeping it dark, but making it slightly lighter than before. Then I blended the angelic half with the demonic portion. Originally, it was a stark contrast between both sides, but I wanted this entity to better reflect the duality between the two. I wanted it to be almost indistinguishable from where they meet.

Once I was happy with it, I looked over her face. A single eye burned with a dull fire while the other shone like a dim golden star. That wouldn’t do, not at all. I selected the demon eye and increased the strength until it shone with a red hot intensity. Then I did the same with the angel part of her until her eye blazed like a freshly born star.

I grew her hair out a bit and braided it in a way that felt natural. Which ended up being a double braid that I tied together at the end to turn into a low ponytail. I kept the colors the same since I wanted them to mix and look as if they were one, but I stretched it out a bit.

As soon as I was finished with that, I went back to her face. I wanted her to look feminine, but also to be strong and unyielding. So I crafted her jawline a bit out, giving it a soft point. I rose her cheekbones slightly and made her nose a little less pronounced and then started working on a few other key parts for her.

I gave her eyebrows a high curve and stretched out her horns and gave them a slight twist, but I left her halo as it was. Which in her case was fragmented, and floating around her head in a few separate pieces. I gave her one last look over and just barely increased the size of her breast. Nothing insane, but just enough to keep her body in proportion. Anything other wise, and it would have driven me nuts.

The last bit was her wings, which I kept as they were. One was brilliant untainted white, with feathers as light as snow. While the other was black, with bits of flame coursed through them. The feathers charred and flaking, as the fire bit away the last remnants of their life. I confirmed my choice and a new screen appeared in front of me.

Please choose a domain for your first goddess.

Hmm, a domain? I selected the screen and an uncountable number of domains appeared before me. If it was something that I could imagine, it would appear. Everything was nice and all, but it made me think about what I wanted as a domain. But that was something to speak to Serilda about when she woke up. I turned my attention back outwards as I planned it out.

I wanted her to stand at the forefront of battle if she ever needed to, yet I wanted her to be my arbitrator. A right hand to strike fear into the hearts of those that would oppose me. As I thought it over, I realized something. If I wanted her to be an arbitrator, then why not give her the domain of justice? It would make sense if I thought about it. Instead of a warrior who attacks at a whim, she would be the judge, the jury, and the executioner. She could act in my stead, and I could even use her to keep the peace between the gods if such a need ever arose.

With that thought in mind, I typed it into the screen and selected the justice domain. The screen flashed back to the previous screen, and me I had one domain left to choose for her. Now, what would compliment justice? I could do something like law, but that would feel a little redundant. How about retribution? After thinking that over, I decided it would be a little conflicting. She can’t administer unbiased justice if she seeks revenge.

How about balance? It would make sense because justice would seek to bring balance, and it would be unbiased. It cares not care for good or evil. I pondered it for a moment before I went with it. I confirmed the option, and the screen flickered once more, asking me for a name.

I really hated coming up with names for everything. I had to make sure it fit, and honestly, I didn’t want to bother. Oh, the joys of being a World Administrator, I suppose. I gazed at the screen as I wracked my mind, trying to come up with something. What if I did something as a callback to Earth? What were some of the gods’ names that involved justice? My memory felt a little spotty, like I should know what some words should mean. But some knowledge existed, there, in entirety, but without anything extra. Much like I read it in a book and stored it away in my thoughts.

I drew a blank a few times until a word floated across my name. Adrasteia. From what I could remember, she was often identified with Nemesis. Her name meant a few different things. However, what I was going for was inevitable fate and punishment that couldn’t be escaped. For this is what this goddess would be. My right hand to strike down those that stand against me!

I cringed a bit after thinking about that. It was a little too over the top, but what could I do? I am a creator god after all! I confirmed my choice, and the machine whirred to life. A red laser-like beam shot from the top and hit the metal floor. Small motes of light trickled down slowly at first before it became a torrent without end. First, the feet formed, and then the slender legs, and the rest of the body.

Almost two minutes later, a goddess stood before me stark naked. Her eyes scanned the room carefully before they settled on to me. The ardent flames of her eyes danced for a moment before she dropped to a knee. “Greetings, father.” Her words were soft and her voice sat somewhere in the middle, tone-wise. But just underneath, I could feel power thrashing just under the surface.

I chuckled at the fact she called me father when I was clearly sitting here as a woman, but it’s fine. I quickly shifted to my male form and stood up and walked over to her and extended my hand to her. “You will be my right hand, Adrasteia. You will be the sword that cuts down all who oppose me, and the one who watches over my realms. Do you accept your task?”

She titled her head up, and I gazed into the fires that burned, yearning to escape from their prison.“I do.” She reached up and took my hand. The claws that extended from her fingertips bit into the flesh of my hand, but I ignored it.

“Good. From this moment forth, you will uphold all the laws that I decree and keep all of my realms in balance. You are to punish those who seek to upset that balance. However, you nor the other gods outside of myself are to directly interfere with the lives of mortals. You may guide them, but nothing more.” It was a quick patchwork speech, but it should pass on what I wanted. I would get with her later and flesh out more rules. I could already foresee a few problems that I wanted to nip.

“I understand.” She replied as she stood up and gave me a bow. I regarded her for a moment longer before I spun around and motioned for her to follow me. “Come along. Allow me to give you a small tour of your new home before I give you your first task.”

I lead her through the major part of the control room and explained to her what the function was and that no one outside of me and Serilda should ever be in here. She only nodded as she took in her surroundings with wide eyes. After all, she was just born a few moments ago, so everything is bound to be new to her.

I stepped in front of the door and opened it, coming face to face with Serilda. She looked at me and then at the new goddess. Her face going through a few different expressions before finally settling with a red tint. “Why are you both naked?!?”

19