Chapter 13
336 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm going to go through one of these days and bring this novel up to my current standard. WIth that bieng said, everything after 16 will have my current writing style, so it may be a bit jarring as I try to fix things.


I scratched my head and spared another glance towards the door before turning around and going back to the planet overview machine. I understood why she was in a panic, but at the same time, it wasn't like I was going to do anything. While the new goddess was pretty, I had no intentions of taking advantage of her. It wasn't my style, and besides, I wasn't all that attracted to her in the first place.

I also didn't care about the fact that I was naked. I mean, I was completely comfortable in this form. After all, I made it, and if I didn't like it, I would change it at will. I sat down on the chair, intending to find some clothes later on since I wanted to visit the mortal species later on, and I had a feeling that it wouldn't be good to wander around naked.

I glanced through the planet's stats as it tumbled through space. This time the names of all the races that lived on the planet were present along with numbers that seemed to fluctuate wildly, though I think that was because the planet was still on fast forward, so things were just speeding along. As it was, notifications were stacking up on the side of the screen.

 

Your planet has entered the collective stone age. +50 creation points

Your planet has entered the collective bronze age. +50 creations points

Your planet has entered the collective Iron age. +50 creation points

Your planet has entered the collective Primal Arcana Age +50 creation points

The notifications kept stacking and telling me that the mortals were progressing, but judging by how fast the years were flying past, it wasn't that quick. It took them a few thousands of years at a time to progress. I let a few more centuries pass quickly before I turned off the fast-forwarding and sat back in my chair and pondered everything. To them, entire generations rose and fell as they lived happy lives. But to me, they just lived in the blink of an eye.

It made me curious about what time really was, but I suppose that was a question for another day. A little above my pay grade at the moment. I glanced towards my planet once more and then back to my control room screen. Now that there were living beings on the planet, I could create scientists and security forces. Once they progressed to a decent enough level, I could visit some other places in this star system.

I sat back in the chair, brought up the screen, and looked it over. Now let's set them up with maximum efficiency. So, I have three that I can select from the start. Without a second, though, I selected humans and goblins to fill the first two slots. Now I had to figure out what to fill the last one with. Humans were good with Magic and tech; goblins were just tech.

I didn't really trust the dragonkin because they felt more like meatheads, though if I am proven wrong in the future, then I will happily be placed on the science team. The question that I had to ask myself was, "What do I want the most?" I pondered it over as I looked through the list once more. Dark Elves were more crafters and mages, while the Arachne was more biological.

I bobbed my head as I stared at the screen, and it clicked. I would take the Arachne. While I would eventually slot in all the species, the Arachne would heavily focus on biological nature. It would be a fantastic start on bioscience. At least hopefully, at any rate. I confirmed my choice and a mini screen appeared asking me to select a specific sub-race. At the moment, there were only four to choose from. I had an actual spider, a hybrid, a humanoid, and a changeling.

I had big complaints about a spider running around my control room. Not that I had an issue with them, but what if some others did? What if one of the gods smites the spider? I read down the list and figured it was best to select a changeling for now with that thought in mind. That way, they change as they need to, and it wouldn't really hurt anybody.

With my confirmation finished, I sat back as the screen flickered and told me it was creating them. Now, all I had to do was create the security teams that would patrol the control room. I could create four currently, with four members in a team. Which would give me some variety. I selected the first one, and it asked for an overall team name.

Fuck, I hated creating names. I stared at the blinking screen with a sigh and kept everything simple. This first one would be Alpha squad. With it, I would keep the base set up with two DPS, a tank, and a healer. It would be a broad general use squad, so I could fit a human in for DPS and a Goblin. Then, as a healer, I can roll with another human and a Dragonkin as a tank. The pesky subspecies menu popped up once I selected Dragonkin, and this time it had a few solid choices for me to pick. I could choose between a black, blue, yellow, and red variant. Though the system did little to tell me what each did. I would assume that each one was self-explanatory.

Well, for the most part. I would assume that red would be fire, and blue would be water or air. That, however, left black and yellow. But what could it hurt? I could choose either of them, and it wouldn't really affect me. If it did, then I could replace them down the line. But what color was I feeling? Well, the better question would be, what colors did I want? I shrugged since it didn't matter all that much to me and selected the yellow one.

I confirmed my choice and then clicked the second bar. Now, what was this squad going to be about? I think it would be fun to have a mostly damage squad. I filled this one with one human healer, DPS, and then two Goblins as damage. As for the name, I went with Bravo squad. Bland, but it served its purpose.

Now onto the third! This one would serve as a straight DPS gang, and Dark Elves were calling out to me. It would be like having a team of personal assassins that did my bidding. Well, bidding that was within reason. I filled all the slots and then named it Charlie squad. They would be squishy in the end, but it should be okay as long as they didn't get caught out.

As for the last squad, I was unsure of what I wanted. Maybe it would be best to have a squad that would just act as support and healing. That way, I could make sure that my teams would be up to par and could fight in faraway places for extreme amounts of time. I scratched how the entire team would function with that thought process in mind. Instead of having all four be a tank and a healer, I would keep them a hybrid of all four options. I selected an Arachne, Dragonkin, Dark Elf, and a human to fill the roles. For the Arachne, I decided I would keep it as a humanoid since it would fit the team the best.

Unless they wanted to ride the spider around like a vehicle or something. But that would be something to experiment with as soon as I got there. Besides, it's not like it was my choice on the matter. If that it me, I would feel pretty degraded if someone rode me around without permission. As for the dragon Kin, I decided I would roll with the black one. Mainly since the red and blue one felt a little boring for me. I lived for the excitement more than anything. I confirmed my choices, typed in the word Delta, and confirmed it, and sat back in my chair.

Now that I had gotten that out of the way, all that was left was collecting them all and directing them in what I wanted. But the thing is, I wasn't sure what I wanted. I could tell them they could focus on anything they wanted, but I feel like that is bound to get me in trouble. Maybe I should ask Serilda if she would take care of them. That would free me up to let me wander around and catch my bearings. At least that would be my excuse while I drop by the planet and explore for a while. Oh, the joys of delegation.

Just as I stood, the door opened up, and Serilda strolled in with Adrasteia, who was fully clothed in tow. She was wearing a simple brown tunic and a pair of matching trousers. In Serilda's hands was a bundle of clothing that was neatly folded. "Here you go, Kairos. You need to put some clothes on."

She got close to me and tried to push the clothes over to me. Her face was averted, and I could see that her face was slightly flushed. I looked at the clothes and then at her and decided it was probably in my best interest to get dressed. I suppose I should feel somewhat flustered by standing in front of two females while fully nude, but the emotion wasn't that prevalent. It was there, faintly, but it was muted. If I focused on it, it grew more robust, but the second I tore my attention away, it faded into the recess of my mind. How very odd. Maybe it was my race. After all, this was a new race, so it would have to be something that I would figure out myself.

I took the clothes from her hands and quickly got dressed, uncaring that they could both see me. "Thank you, Serilda. Where did you get those clothes?" I asked as I adjusted the shirt and pants. They both felt weird and itchy as they clung to my form.

"I spawned them in. They aren't nice, but they work for now, at least until I get down to the planet and can find some nicer stuff." She told me as she crossed my arms. Her flustered expression was gone, replaced with something calmer as she regarded me.

"I'm in the same boat you are. These clothes are so scratchy. Would you and Adrasteia like to accompany me on a quick foray on the planet and hopefully find some new clothing?" I asked as I walked back over to the screen to see the progress of the beings I was creating. It looked like I still had some time before they spawned in. If they finished by the time I got back, it should be alright. The only room that I was worried about was my records chamber. All I had to do was make sure that I had my grimoire in hand before I left.

20