Chapter 14
401 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We stuck around for a bit longer than I had initially planned for. We wanted to ensure that all the security forces and scientists were ready. So we had to guide them through the observation room and quickly design out the labs and whatnot. It wasn't terribly troublesome, but it took some time. Thankfully, I didn't have to name any other them, otherwise, I may have lost my cool.

I cleared my throat and adjusted my clothing, ignoring the itch that bit away at my flesh. I stared out through the glass and into the depths of space, yearning to go out there. Something in my blood pulled me towards it, asking me to join the stars. I really wanted to, but here was fine for now. Maybe in the future, once I claimed this entire system. I turned my head when the sound of the door opening tore me from my thoughts. "Are you ready?"

"Of course!" Serilda replied with a cheerful voice. She had already made a human host form to blend in. She chose a woman with long, flowing raven black hair and radiant blue eyes. Her lips were plump, and her cleavage even more so. I suppressed the coiling of desire that I felt stir within me. While I wasn't interested in her demon form, her human form seemed to draw me in. But, I wouldn't breach our relationship with something so trivial. I forced the feelings away and glanced at the form behind her.

Adrasteia stood behind her, in a human host form as well. She had short auburn hair that hung down to her shoulders and cut at an angle. Her eyes were the color of the sun, and she oozed confidence and power. She was petite in every way, but it didn't change the fact that in the back of my mind, it felt like I was staring into the eyes of a predator. "Father, you told me I wasn't allowed to visit the planet or interact with the mortals." Her voice was slightly lower than before. A little husky, some could say.

"Ah, don't worry about that. It's not an issue. You are accompanying me as we visit some places. As long as the mortals do not harm us, you do not need to fear." I told her as I made a mental note. I would have to watch what I said to her in the future.

She pursed her lips and nodded her head, and the two made their way across the chamber to me. "So, is there anywhere specific that you two would like to go?" I asked as I summoned the map of the planet.

"No, where cold, please." She frowned, and she gave me puppy eyes.

"That works for me. What about you, Adrasteia?" I asked my newborn goddess as I added another mental note.

"It doesn't matter, father. Anywhere you want to go is fine."

I shrugged and looked at the map. Let's head to the central landmass then, a bit away from the equator but still close enough for it to be warm enough for Serilda. Once I was happy, I selected the teleport function, placed my hands on both of their shoulders, and confirmed the usage of the skill.

My world twisted and stretched, and nausea sunk down to the lowest pits of my stomach as my body felt like it was being yanked into dozens of different directions at once. But just as soon as it started, it stopped. Though the motion my body felt didn't, my stomach's content erupted outwards, which wasn't anything but liquid. The sound of retching filled my ears as I took a deep breath, trying to ignore the horrid smell.

I opened my bleary eyes to get an idea of where we were. From what I could see, we stood next to a well-worn stone road. Trees lined both sides of the road, and the foliage looked like it was trimmed on the regular. I cleared my throat, trying to get rid of the burning near the bottom of my throat. That wasn't fun in the slightest. I cast a quick glance and saw that the other two had fared little better than I did. Though at least we didn't need to eat! It made the vomit smell a little less pungent.

"That was one of the worst things I've experienced, and I have died before," Serilda murmured as she stood up, choosing to wipe away some of the drool with a few leaves.

"Hey now, I died too, you know." I shrouded my words with a small laugh. I was glad to see that she could joke about what happened, but really, I didn't know what she felt. She really didn't talk to me much about the matter. But I would get to her, eventually, of course.

She scoffed and brushed away some dirt that had built up on her black tunic, and I glanced at my other companion. Adrasteia stood up and spat on the ground, wiping away some of the drool near her lip with the sleeve of her long shirt, but didn't say anything about the matter.

"Anyways, let's follow the road and see where it takes us." I stood up and copied Serilda and dusted off a bit of the dirt that had gathered around my knees.

"You don't know where we are, do you, Kairos," Serilda asked as she raised her eyebrow. The look on her face was a bit stern and honestly a bit terrifying.

"Ah, I wouldn't quite say that. As long as we follow this road, we will find something. No one keeps a road looking like this if it isn't important." Honestly, I wasn't sure of that statement, but whatever got her off my back works for me.

She stared at me and pursed her lips once more. I squirmed for a moment, feeling like a child under the gaze of a parent. "Enough of that, let's go!" I flashed her a smile and spun around, and started walking forward. I wasn't going to lie; I was actually very excited to explore this planet. Seeing everything here gave me a certain sense of satisfaction. I was fully aware that I didn't entirely create everything down to the smallest detail, but I was the one who gave this planet life, and that alone was enough for me.

Behind me, I could see Serilda and Adrasteia talking amongst themselves, but I didn't care about that. I cared about looking at the sky as the clouds crossed lazily by. Small groups of birds passed by, squawking and filling the air with their cries. It almost brought tears to my eyes as I realized how happy this made me. The sound of the wind as it gently blew through the air and rustled the trees filled my heart. As it teased my nose, the soft musky smell of the forest filled me with a sense of peace. It's felt like ages since I have felt any of this. But above all else. I've missed the heat from the sunlight. I took another deep breath and stared ahead at the winding path; and felt much like a child as I rushed forward, eager to see what this world offered me.

We walked for hours until the sun started its downward descent. We still haven't come across anything yet. I wasn't partially bothered, but the other two were. They were pestering me about food and how long it would take to get to the city. "Why don't we just teleport there? It would be so much faster." Serilda crossed her arms and gave me another stink eye.

"Because where is the fun in that? Also, what if someone sees us? I much rather not play my hand too much and let the mortals know we exist. Can you at least see the map?" I asked her as I walked over to a tree and ran my fingers across its surface. The wooden bark scraped my finger, and I relished how it felt. I knew it was a bit childlike, but I couldn't remember anything outside of my parent's faces at the end of the day.

She grumbled and made a motion with her hand and looked over whatever she had at her disposal. "The map says we have another hour's walk until we get to a small city known as Midhiem. It looks to number into the tens of thousands of residents. So hopefully, we find something good."

I bobbed my head as I thought it over. That seemed like a decent starting place for us. Though I didn't want to spend too much time in this world. I wanted to go back to the control room eventually and get with the scientist and start making stuff. "Good. Once we get an idea of the currency here, I can give you guys some money, and you can go shopping for a bit."

They both lit up at that, though I couldn't understand why. I mean, we could, in theory, create whatever we wanted, but I wouldn't argue with it. Whatever made those two happy, since as it stands, I was outnumbered, and something told me it was a bad idea to have two of the strongest beings in this system be angry at me. I pulled my attention away from them and back towards the surrounding area. The wildlife here was quieter than anywhere else, and it made me feel like something was wrong. But I wasn't super worried about it.

We walked a little further ahead and were besieged by silence on all sides, at least until a branch cracked and a dozen humans appeared all around us. All of them were clad in leather armor and held various weapons. I let out a small sigh as I realized what was about to happen. Fucking idiots, hopefully, I can talk them out of whatever they were about to do.

19