HA1 9.1 – A Piece of Memory
43 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HA1 9.1 - A Piece of Memories

Shizuka looked in admiration as Takeo used two small iron bars to unlock the door to the rooftop.

"It's hard to imagine a Twig like you having a bad boy side."

With a flat tone Takeo responded, "Hide can do it five times faster. He also will teach you the trick."

"Noice, I can't wait for it."

Shizuka have a small smile before following Takeo to a corner on the roof. Then, she asked softly, "Do you remember that at kindergarten and elementary school we were always together?

I would take care of every cockroach that scared you or other children who bullied you, and you would bring me lunch and lend me your homework for me to copy. But then…  suddenly you became a stranger.

When Tenma and his friends beat you and Hide ignored you. I was happy to help you and hoped we could be friends again. But somehow, you took your anger out on me and shouted 'I don't need help from a Yankee girl like you.' Moreover, now you are getting along with Hide but remain a stranger to me."

After a moment of silence, Shizuka then asked in a lonely tone, "Tell me Takeo, why did you avoid me after our first summer in junior high?"

Takeo looked at Shizuka's dark brownish and shiny long hair before answering, "It's because you started hanging out with Yankee Kuroki and dyed your hair. In short, I concluded you would be a bad influence for me."

"Bad influence because of my hair huh?" Deep remorse filled Shizuka's heart, but she was able to calm it. "The color of my hair is natural by the way. My mom is Americ, so I have a bit of a Caucasian gene. Though I don't know why it's changed only after I entered junior high.

For Kuroki, you are absolutely correct. Lately, I found that he was an absolute cockroach. But at that time, we were just friends from the same dojo."

For some reason, Takeo could feel a thick regret, anger, and bitterness in Shizuka's tone, and it bothered him.

"I'm sorry. It seems I made some idiot judgment."

"Yeah, you did," Shizuka muttered in a regretful tone.

Silence then enveloped Takeo and Shizuka.

---

When Hide arrived and saw the awkward silence between Shizuka and Takeo, he immediately asked, "Are you two fighting?"

"“No,”" Shizuka and Takeo answered in unison.

'What a couple,' Hide muttered inwardly. "Then, I will start the explanation."

Shizuka slightly nodded, "Okay."

"For the job, there are basic roles. Planner, executor, transportation, info gathering, and logistics. I take the role of planner and executor while the rest are Takeo's role."

"Wait." A big question mark appeared on Shizuka's forehead. "I thought you are the muscle and Takeo is the brain."

Takeo calmly said, "I told you. I'm just an errand boy."

"U-ugh... Okay."

Hide pointed at Shizuka and Takeo before continuing, "You two will carry the support role together, so I want you two to date and it doesn't matter if it's a fake or a real one."

"Why?"  "Okay."

Two opposing answers sounded at the same time, and Hide casually explained, "So that everything looks natural when you two are together, inside or outside school."

"Fine."

Takeo reluctantly agreed while Shizuka hummed softly.

"I and Takeo will slowly explain how we communicate or work. But first, you need to take a course on how to drive a 300 cc motorbike with cruiser features. I will pay the cost so give me the receipt."

"Okay."

Shizuka nodded firmly three times, while Hide handed him a piece of paper.

"This is a list of standard outfits when you go out hunting with us. Takeo will take you to the store and pay the bill."

"So, this will become our first date."

"It's a fake relationship, remember?"

"I know, but it's still fun for me."

"Whatever."

"Well." Hide cleared his throat before continuing, "Shizuka, can you wait downstairs? I need to talk to Takeo."

Suspicion and worry rise in Shizuka's heart, "Why do you want to talk without me?"

"It will not affect my decision, but I need to know Takeo's honest opinion about you joining us."

"Okay."

Without delay Shizuka left the rooftop, while Hide turned his gaze to Takeo.

"If you have something in mind, please say it."

"Hide, honestly, I don't like it, but in general I don't have complaints except for her reason about her father. At least, we need to check it."

Hide firmly replied, "She didn't lie about her father. However, I have something else that bothers my mind."

"What is it?"

"I will explain it later. For now, I want you to find out if there is someone in Shizuka's social circle who was missing or dead without natural causes in the last six months, and I want you to check it quietly."

Puzzlement filled Takeo's face, but he answered firmly, "Okay."

"Also, don't tell Shizuka about Knosses or our broker."

"Understood."

"And... Even if it's only a fake relationship, please treat her nicely."

"Why?"

"Hard to explain it, but someday there is a chance you will thank me for this."

"I doubt it, but I will try my best because you ask me to."

Hide smiled before saying cheerfully, "Thank you, now you have a date so good luck."

"It's a fake relationship, remember?"

"Yeah."

Takeo then left the roof, while Hide looked into distance.

'Well, it's not cost me a penny, so why not do it.'

Based on memories from his previous life, Hide knew that in a few months Shizuka's father would die, though he didn't know the cause. She then moved out of the country to live with her mother.

On her last day of school, Shizuka confessed her feelings to Takeo. But Takeo rejected her with a cold and flat answer. After that, Hide never heard anything about Shizuka again.

'Well, this is how far I can go, for in the end everything is up to your feelings."

*****

4