1. A life of struggle.
5.9k 16 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why do I even exist?

That thought echoed in my brain as I lay there in my bed, completely motionless and alone. I turn on my phone while I was in my bed and was assaulted by the same hate as before.

"She should just kill herself, the world would be much better without her."

"Go join your mom and dad in hell."

Why did I deserve this? All I had done was act rude on a scripted reality TV show, no one knew it was scripted and the company didn't announce that it was scripted in fear of losing viewers, no matter what I told them, they didn't believe me, always saying things like "That was always your true personality, we always could tell that." Even my friends had distanced themselves away from me, no matter how much I try to speak to them they wouldn't respond to me, pretending as if I didn't exist. I was truly alone in the world, no one would care if I vanished or mourn me if I died.

Maybe, just maybe. They were possibly right. What reason did I have to continue on living? I'm completely worthless... fine, if that's what you want, that's what you will get.

The bed creaks when I get up from it, I walk briskly past the hallway of my apartment, leaving it and deciding to go to the roof. I had passed another person that was walking down from the top of the roof, he moved quickly but still had enough time to take a look at me before continuing on, upon seeing me his face had contorted slightly.

Now I was on top of the roof, I move towards the edge slowly. This is it lisa, this'll be my final place. Suddenly, that man had barged in through the door to the roof. But I was already on the edge, he shouted something that I couldn't hear. And then I feel the wind as the ground drew closer. Will there be an afterlife? Will I meet mom and dad again? If so, then I want to tell them that I'm sorry for not being able to remain happy like they wanted me.

Suddenly I regain consciousness, was I unable to kill myself? No, this was a strange place, it felt endless, a white expanse that went on forever.

Suddenly, I hear a voice, it was like an automated message, but it was still overwhelming.

[Another who had taken their own life. You had given in to despair, had defiled your life and erased your chance of overcoming hardship and attaining happiness. Suicide is not the answer, and it will not remove your problems or suffering.]

[You shall not die by your own hand. You shall not fall into despair. Instead, you shall return. You shall return to face the greatest challenge you may possibly complete, and I will see you overcome them.]

What is this voice saying? I don't care. I just want to vanish, just let me go.

[Your psyche is unstable, therefore, I will temporarily omit any and all memories that are causing the anomalies, in time, you shall regain them, prepare for confusion and or mild to severe personality changes.]

Wait what?! What does this voice mean!? Suddenly I started feeling that things were missing from my mind, these feelings had vanished the instant they appeared, and I can't tell if anything changed with me.

[Psyche stabilised, chances of death upon reincarnation... 5%, creating universe, applying rules influenced by the souls' memories.]

What was going on here? Oi, Mr. disembodied voice, care to at least tell me what is going on? What are you exactly doing to me?

[Created. Now the soul shall be reincarnated.]

[Survive, struggle, overcome these challenges, and attain true happiness. Never give in to despair, hardships will pain your soul, but you will overcome them. You have the strength to do so.]

Wait, wait, what the hell do you mea-

Before I realized it everything vanished and was replaced by darkness.

This is my second work ever, it'll be updated either once every two days or once a day, also please tell me what you think of the first chapter.

131