27. Resting moment.
1.1k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today on kitchen dungeon, chef Lisa is going to be teaching all of you the proper way to cook crab.

Hahaha, but seriously, I did think of a more proper way to cook the crab now, it may seem like a waste of EP to you, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do y'know?

First of all, give me water techniques, I'm dying for a drink.

[Skill found. Would you like to obtain skill "Water techniques" for 14 points?"]

Yeah.

[Conditions fulfilled. Skill "Water techniques" lv. 1 was added.]

Now I just need wind and I'll be a master of all four elements, but more importantly now, how many points do I have remaining after spending 14 of them? I'll just appraise myself and find out.

[Lisa] lv. 17

Species: Small drake.
Status: normal.
Skill points: 7
Evolutionary points: 0
Stats:
Hp: 162/185
Ep: 87/87
Sp: 174/174 (Max: 174)
Stock: 52
Strength: 105
Defense: 87
Energy strength: 74
Energy defense: 65
Speed: 151

Well, I have just 7 points, but more importantly now, wow! My stats are getting pretty high now, I'm fairly sure I can even do things higher than these stats with all the evolutionary point things, but that's not important now, because it's cooking time!

Well, the ingredients we have are... Crab! And... another crab! Well, a good chef makes do with what they have, I guess? Uh, let me remember how they cooked them, they would boil them in water in a pot right? I don't have anything to add to it so lets just toss them in a big pot.

With earth techniques, I raise the earth in front of me and make a dome with it, that consumed like 30 EP from me, kind of a big amount, and then I filled it up with water, I took a drink out of the water and it tasted... bland? I don't really like it that much, I need to make better water.

Making the water consumed another 30 EP, yikes, I'm now running pretty low, damn these crabs for being so large. After tossing them in the makeshift pot, I start breathing fire under it to heat it up.

Now you just need to let it simmer for I dunno how long, until it looks ready I guess? And now that we're waiting for it, I want to appraise the things that I found kind of interesting.

[Waning]

[A status effect that affects energy based beings, when unable to regain EP by any form, they start to wane from existence, usually signaling the end of their lifespan.]

That is terrifying! Luckily it doesn't affect me, but I thought that these energy based things would be immortal, I mean they are literally just energy. How would they be able to regain energy or lose it? Y'know what? I'm not a spirit or anything like that, so I'm not gonna care about it.

Well, that was an interesting thing to know, and it passed enough time, the crabs are finally done, I think?

I pulled them out from the pot and set them in front of me.

They look pretty tasty, and looks like the rest of the crystals had broken off while it was in the pot, that means I'll have more crab than I expected! That's some super awesome news. Anyways, time to eat!

Amazing! The taste is better now that I boiled it. Maybe there was a flavor enhancer in the crystals? Salt was a rock like crystal wasn't it? Which reminds me! I can use earth techniques to make salt!

Making salt consumed a tiny portion of EP, almost unnoticeable, but the taste from it was fantastic! This really is heaven.

[Biomass procured. 7 evolutionary points were added]

That was the first of them, I used my stockpile points on EP to regain it so I could eat the second one. And the second one was even better than the first!

[Biomass procured. 6 evolutionary points were added]

[Proficiency of skill "Stockpile" reached the required amount. Increasing "Stockpile" to lv. 2]

Wait what? I ran out of crab?! Aw man, that sucks, but that taste was godly, I'm so glad that I was able to eat it.

I want to start lazing around, but unfortunately, the battle earlier has kind of attracted some attention, the big crystal person and the crab are heading over here, they were pretty far, but due to all the time I spent, they got really close now.

Time to say goodbye to this place, I start running up a nearby crystal, and then I jump off of it and start flying up to the ceiling, then I start walking upside down.

The crab and the crystal person had reached where I was, but surprisingly, they didn't actually fight, I kind of expected them to fight, so seeing them be buddies was kind of jarring.

I kept walking on the roof, until I spotted something incredible far away from here, it was a gigantic crystal unlike any of the others I saw in here, it must've been like several hundred meters wide, and a hundred meters high, but what was most incredible about it, was the inside of it.

I could see some human buildings.

Why were there buildings in there? And does that mean that there are people here? I don't know, I'm just too far away to be able to judge it, I can't even see the buildings properly. But now I know where I need to go.

I have to get there, no matter what!

51