37. Prelude to fusion.
957 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ok, I need a plan now. These crystals seem to be protecting the 4 crystal demon lords, so obviously, they are my main target, I can't let them have a cheap shot or a surprise attack like earlier. Cause that would probably be a devastating move, a checkmate if you will.

Agh, no point in thinking of useless stuff now, time to fight!

I flew in towards the 4 crystals as they were still in a dust storm, I maintained my distance above them, then began breathing fire and blasting them with flames. The crystals retaliate by turning their bodies into pillars of crystal that rose up to me, and the elites had started throwing the mobs at me.

Woah what the hell?!

I dodged around the rising pillars, but they spun around and tried to go in for another shot. They had even started growing crystals from their bodies and the roof to get to me.

I was flying away from them while still facing them, occasionally flying up or diving down to avoid more minions being thrown at me. Hey! Stop throwing children!

They didn't listen to my ranting of course, and I kept on being pushed back until I saw that we were heading to the direction of even more crystals.

This isn't good, these crystals have some sort of crystal control ability, I don't know what it is, but more crystals will equal more enemies, so what I must do now. Is this!

I stop mid-air, the crystal kept barreling towards me in hope of skewering through me, but when it got close. I rose over it, and started running across its crystal body, spikes started rising out of its sides, as I started breathing fire, striking with my tail, hind legs, and arms. And even using fire techniques to blast anything around.

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 15]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Alchemy" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Alchemy" to lv. 3]
[Stats increased]

I felt a bunch of knowledge was crammed into my head from that level up, and was disoriented from both the information, and the level up screen. That I couldn't notice the approaching crystal spikes from the crystal lords.

The spikes stabbed into me, they didn't get far as their energy strength wasn't very high, but it had stabbed through my scales and struck my flesh. I twisted myself and broke the crystals that stabbed into me.

Argh, not good. I lost nearly 100 HP just from that combined attack. Damn, this level up was more detrimental than useful. What kind of level up is that?!

Luckily, the crystal fusion that was chasing me had finally entirely broken, and I couldn't feel any of the energy presences that made it up. That crystal fusion had been made of most of the crystal soldiers, so thankfully I don't need to focus on that anymore.

So now, it's between all of you and me, crystal lords and elites.

I fly over them and bombard them with fire techniques and breathe fire on them, and before they could even realize what happened, I spun around and went for another air raid.

I forced my body to move at the highest speed it could, the air was nearly booming in my ears. And I flew across the crystals 12 times in the span of a few seconds.

I stopped flying at near supersonic speeds and landed roughly on the ground, I had made marks as I slid on the ground to stop.

Haah, haah, maybe moving that fast wasn't that good of an idea. But hey! Style points still matter.

I saw that the crystals were half destroyed, the elites were barely hanging on and the lords had suffered incredibly immense damage, even parts of them started melting, they were definitely on the edge of breaking. And with Appraisal, I knew that the one with the most health had only 255 HP.

But the crystals now had started rushing me as I was exhausted, there was a distance of around 100 meters between us, so I knew that I had only a few seconds to recover before they reached me.

Eee, this is not a good situation. I need to regain stamina now, because the slowness from using max stamina won't be enough.

In order to regain stamina, I used my stock to regain my SP, which not only brought my SP closer to the max, but it also gave me usable SP.

I jumped up as one of the lords tried to smash me into the floor, then I spun in mid air and slammed my tail into it's back, which did pretty minimal damage. I'm pretty sure that hurt my tail more than I hurt it.

But now I had the other crystal elites to deal with, which were starting to try to dogpile on the other crystal, even though the other crystal was already trying to stab me with more crystals.

I didn't jump off yet, and I waited for the elites to try and jump on me, and when they tried to jump on me and bind me or crush me. I finally jumped up, and saw them crash landing on the other crystal lord, and breaking its back crystals and even fusing to the lord.

As I jumped up, I spat a lot of flammable poison onto them, then, I shot a flame bomb that I was preparing for quite a bit of time.

The bomb landed on the back of the crystals, and in an instant, expanded into an explosion several times bigger than the crystals.

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 16]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Clear mind" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Clear mind" to lv. 3]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 17]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Mind control resistance" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Mind control resistance" to lv. 4]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 18]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Sprinting" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Sprinting" to lv. 4]
[Stats increased]

That amount of exp is absolutely nauseating, but oh my god, it's so satisfying.

And looking down on these crystals only 8 Elites remained and that lord was practically destroyed. But wait, where are the other lords?

I tried to feel their presence, and I could feel them, except that, their presences were becoming one.

Oh crap baskets, they're fusing?! But how?! The fusion that the low level ones would do was just them turning into weapons for the others to use, they didn't actually turn into one! And why now?! Wouldn't using it from the start be a lot more efficient?! Man, it's way too complex, but what I know is that I must destroy them before they fuse!

I left the elites and the lord on the ground as I flew towards the other lords, when they came into view, I saw one amazing sight. Their crystal bodies were melting together, then re-solidifying into on giant body, the process wasn't done, and they obviously needed more time. Which is perfect for me.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna let you power up to your final form, I'm not an anime villain.

I start bombarding them while they are fusing, the liquid crystal was blown up and flies away from the body, but it keeps on slithering towards the main body.

Damn it! What kind of crap is that! Just stop... Moving!

I could sense the presence of those crystal elites behind me, three of them were behind me in fact. I was too focused on blowing up the body of the fusing lords to notice that three of them had snuck up on me until it was too late.

They didn't try to attack me, they just held me down, by growing crystals to bind me, and by turning their own bodies into bonds to stop me. Damn binding tactics! Would you stop... trying them against me?!

I slammed against the crystals that surrounded me, and blew up a fireball from my hand, then I had broken out.

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 19]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Steel-will" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Steel-will" to lv. 3]
[Stats increased]

But unfortunately, I was too late, although incomplete and damaged, the three crystals had finally fused together, and stared at me in a near perfect replica of a human body. It was muscular, and had the appearance of a handsome man in his mid 30s, its size had also shrunk, becoming only three times my size, while it was nearly 30 before hand.

That human crystal had opened its mouth, and from its mouth, came the one word that I had read before

"Dragon"

[Human crystal] lv. 1

Species: Crystalline Miktosego
Status: Collapsing Psyche (medium)
Stats:
HP: 712/1112
EP: 671/671
Strength: 455
Defense: 512
Energy strength: 267
Energy defense: 242
Speed: 212

And seeing those stats made my heart drop further than I had ever felt it drop in my life.

42