Merry and Ramuja
45 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merry was dragging Ramuja around since the moment Young Lord Aster was stepping down after his opening speech. Ramuja was going to follow his master as always, but somehow, Merry dragged him around like a ragdoll until he was overwhelmed, because Merry’s grip felt so strong.

            They stopped in the west garden and sat on a bench side to side, Merry was still holding Ramuja’s hand and looked up to the sky. The cold wind didn’t bother her at all, since she had been raised in a place with very harsh condition, but Ramuja shivered slightly.

            “Are you cold?” Merry asked, “Give me your right hand.”

            Ramuja gave his right hand reluctantly and Merry rubbed their hands together until there was warmth in their palm. Then, Merry put her warm palm to Ramuja’s cheek.

            “Better?” Merry smiled. Ramuja nodded silently. There was an awkward silence between them before Ramuja asked about her intention, “Merry, why are we here?”

            Merry frowned, “To spend time together? Why not? We’re just a peasant girl and a slave here, I’m sure we don’t need to attend those rich nobles banquet.”

            “But I need to attend Young Lord…”

            Merry chuckled, “Relax, Ramuja. Young Lord must be busy with those people, he must’ve talked with those nobles about… um… business? I don’t know about that stuff, but I don’t think we need to know anyway. Let’s just enjoy the garden!”

            “But…” Ramuja wanted to rebuke that, because he knew that Young Lord never liked useless small talks, socializing, or baseless gathering. He knew that Young Lord would always leave those to his mother, Grand Duchess, and preferred to stay in a quiet place, like flower garden or his own balcony.

            ‘There is no way that Young Lord would join the crowd, he is a loner…’

            ‘W—what if… he is waiting for me?’

            ‘W—what if some random nobles try to flirt with him?’

            ‘That nasty man, Gaum, must be trying to kiss him right now! I—I have to protect Young Lord!’

            Ramuja stood from the bench immediately and walked out of the garden, but Merry chased him and grabbed his hand, “W—Where are you going?” Merry asked nervously.

            “I have to go to Young Lord, he needs me!” Ramuja replied.

            “Why would you need to? There are a lot of people there! You are going to be a nuisance to him!” Merry persisted, she tightened the grip around Ramuja’s arm.

            “… Young Lord never sees me as a nuisance.” Ramuja replied again, but this time, he replied firmly. As if there was a firm belief in his heart.

            Ramuja recalled again the moment between him and Young Lord, he tried to recall any bad memory where Young Lord abused him, yet, he remembered nothing but sweetness.

            “Please release my hand, Merry.”

            Merry looked straight to Ramuja’s eyes. Her eyes were red as she was holding her tears. She said nothing, but bit her lower lip. Her eyes looked lost and she begged to Ramuja, “What about me? We haven’t even spent an hour together since the moment we met here, you didn’t even have the initiative to meet me…”

            “N—no…”

            “Ramuja, am I that forgettable?” Merry started sobbing. She released Ramuja’s arm and covered her face, “I know you are now living with the richest family in Golden Camellia, but… am I that forgettable?”

            “M—Merry, please don’t cry…” Ramuja was flustered, he hugged Merry and patted her back gently, “I didn’t mean like that… but… I have my responsibility.”

            “Responsibility? But Young Lord didn’t even seem to care about you that much! He… He can buy another slave like a kid buying a candy!” Merry retorted. She pushed Ramuja away from her.

            “What about me? I work day and night to collect money, so I can free you! so I can save for our family! Don’t you know how much we missed you?” Merry’s expression looked really hurt. Which made Ramuja feel even more guilty. Since all what she said was true.

            Young Lord never hurt him and treat him as a human being, but it didn’t mean that he specifically liked Ramuja. He could be bored with him anytime, and if that time came, Young Lord might’ve bought a new slave, younger, fresher, and much more fun than him…

            “Fine, if you are so devoted with your duty as a personal slave, then please go…” Merry said, “We might be able to speak normally when I finally freed you from that slave contract.”

            Seeing Merry looked so hurt, made Ramuja’s determination wavered. Because all what she said was true. Indeed, he ignored Merry too much. She worked really hard every day to give her freedom, yet, he was very ungrateful to her.

            ‘But… Young Lord…’

            ‘No, Young Lord has Jain, he can definitely protect Young Lord…’

            There was another guilt in Ramuja’s heart, as he felt really empty when he was not around his master. But when he saw Merry again, he saw a certain future between them, probably the right choice, the bright one.

            ‘Y—Young Lord, forgive me… I have to accompany this girl first…’

            ‘Because she was the one who think of me every day. I’m sorry for being an egoist.’

            “I—I will accompany you, here…” Ramuja said.

            Merry wiped her tears and looked at Ramuja with hopeful eyes, “Really?!”

            “… yes.”

            Merry smiled happily and took Ramuja’s hand. She walked around the garden with Ramuja and their fingers intertwined, searching for each other’s warmth. Merry talked about her days as street singer, accompanied with the garden candle lamps that decorated many edges of the garden, the whole atmosphere between them was very romantic and beautiful.

            Merry chuckled many times while telling her experiences, while Ramuja just listened and smiled few times in response of those stories. He responded well, sometimes he replied with another joke. But all what he could think was his Young Lord, again, again and again.

            As if there was a magnet that made him lost focus every time.

            “Ramuja? Are you tired?” Merry asked.

            “No…”

            “Well, you were spaced out few times. Anyway, I have to perform soon too!” Merry giggled, “Let’s go to banquet again, my bandmates must be waiting!”

            She pulled Ramuja with her and they left the garden. They went back to the banquet and walked past the crowd of nobles who were discussing about business. Ramuja’s eyes observed around and saw no presence of Young Lord around.

            He also saw no presence of that promiscuous Gaum Cresthold. The last moment Ramuja saw before he was dragged by Merry, was the sight of Gaum blocking Young Lord Aster and then, they talked about something.

            ‘Sure thing, Gaum already entertained Young Lord…’ Ramuja said in his heart dejectedly.

            Ramuja stood behind the gathering crowd who was waiting for the performance of this trending street band in Dionde City. They knew that the girl had a very beautiful voice, and was offered many jobs outside of the city, but rejected all of them. This autumn banquet was also the only formal aristocrats party that she accepted for some unknown reason.

            Merry glanced at Ramuja who was standing behind the crowd and watching her attentively, she gave her cheerful smile and said, “This song is for honorable Ladies and Gentlemen who is currently in love.”

 

I am but a humble heart,

Under your mighty throne.

Yet I cannot help but adore,

The way you give me your attention.

Trust me, you always fill my mind,

So never doubt me, because I breathe after you.

Announcement

Hi! ForeverPupa here! ^-^)b

Oh my, oh my! Merry is so clingy!
T_T Ramuja doesn't know what horrible thing just happened to his master...
What kind of disaster is going to happen next? Find out this weekend, hehe~

1