Chapter Four: Anatia
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Excruciating pain and she opens her eyes finding Suzette, her nursemaid, with one arm braced against her and another holding a gore covered arrow. There were some foot steps and Suzette turned saying briskly,

"Lanora dear, stay in the gaming room." she turned to someone next to her, Aspen, "Take the princess into the gaming room, she doesn't need to see this." Dear gods Lanora was here. They must have called Suzette while she had been with Lanora and they hadn't had time to get someone to watch Lanora while Suzettte attended Cinis. She saw a flash of dark brown hair and then she saw Lanora peeking her head up to look Cinis in the eyes. She seemed worried and somehow curious.

"Cinni, what happened, why are you bleeding?" Suzette seemed to notice she's awake and forgets to scold Lanora and tell her to leave and says,

"I'm going to take off your shirt so I can better clean the wound." She didn't care, it hurt like hell and she was just so tired. Her shirt was pulled off and she heard three intakes of breath, it must be really bad if even Aspen had flinched. She felt someone- Lanora take her hand and lightly squeeze.

"It's going to be okay Lady." A nonsense title, Suzette had been assigned to her since Alonzo had taken her in, but the nurse had never known what to call her. She didn't mind though it was better than Killer of Traitor or Murderer. She heard someone, Aspen take two steps back before a door opened and closed. He had left. She didn't care, it didn't matter. So she held Lanora's hand tightly squeezing tight as Suzette stitched her up and the pain cut deep.

2