Chapter 26: The First Instinct When Facing Danger is to Run
262 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The students arrive at a large training facility, greeted by the famous rescue hero Thirteen

“Hello, everyone, I've been waiting for you!” (Thirteen)

[everyone gasps in amazement]

“It's the Space Hero, Thirteen! The chivalrous pro who's rescued a ton of people from disasters across the world!” (Deku)

“Woo‐hoo! Thirteen is one of my favorite heroes!” (Uraraka)

“I can't wait to show you what's inside!” (Thirteen)

‘This is gonna be awesome!’ (everyone’s thoughts)

 

Entering the large facility everyone gasped in amazement

“Holy crap! It looks like some kind of amusement park!” (Kirishima)

“A shipwreck. A landslide. A fire. A windstorm. Et cetera‐‐ I created this training facility to prepare you to deal with different types of disasters. I call it the Unforeseen Simulation Joint.
But, you can call it, USJ!”

dumbfounded everyone thought ‘Just like Universal Studios Japan.’

“Hey, shouldn't All Might be here already? Lemme guess, he booked an interview instead.” (Aizawa)

“Actually, it's something else.” (Thirteen)

“Hm?” (Aizawa)

“Apparently he did too much hero work on the way to school this morning and used up all his power. He's resting in the teacher's lounge.” (Thirteen)

“That man is the height of irresponsibility.” (Aizawa)

“The clock's ticking. We should get started.” (Aizawa)

“Excellent. Before we begin, let me just say one thing. Well, maybe two things. Possibly three, four, or five.” (Thirteen)

“We get it!” (everyone’s thoughts)

 

“Listen carefully. I'm sure you're aware that I have a powerful Quirk. It's called Black Hole. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it into dust. Yeah, you've used Black Hole to save people from all kinds of disasters before, haven't you? That's true, but my Quirk could also very easily be used to kill. Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society, all Quirks are certified and stringently regulated, so we often overlook how unsafe they can actually be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus or make the wrong move, your powers can be deadly. Even if you're trying to do something virtuous like rescue someone. Thanks to Aizawa's fitness tests, you have a solid idea of your Quirk's potential. And because of All Might's
combat training, you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against other people. Carry those lessons over to this class. Today, you're going to learn how to use your Quirks to save people's lives. You won't be using your powers to attack enemies or
each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero is all about. Ensuring the safety of others.” Showing us a one-hand bow gesture “That's all I have to say. Thank you so much for listening.” (Thirteen)

 

[everyone starts cheering]

 

“Right. Now that that's over...” (Aizawa)

 

Interrupting Aizawa’s words the power inside the facility started to get disrupted, lights flickering, the fountain stopping and lo and behold a dark fog appeared.

Inside the dark fog, a person inside came out.

“Stay together and don't move!” (Aizawa)

Looking surprisingly at Aizawa, what is this? Are we supposed to move now? Is this acting? What the hell is happening?

“Thirteen. Protect the students!” (Aizawa)

“Whoa, what is that thing?” (Kirishima)

Covering me with his right hand, Kento looked seriously at the people slowly coming out of the fog.

Holy shit???!!! Is this really happening? Are we fucking getting infiltrated? Nononono, shouldn’t we all head to the door then? Looking toward the entrance we just came into, Kento held my arm. Looking at him, what the fuck?

Kento mouthing the words ‘we have to stay together’ I held myself in place.

“Wait, has the training started already? I thought we were rescuing people.” (Kirishima)

shouting back at us, everyone was startled with Aizawa’s voice “Stay back!”

putting on his goggles, Aizawa said seriously “This is real. Those are villains.”

Now everyone started getting nervous.

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

On the villain’s side:

“The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraser Head. Perplexing. According to the schedule we retrieved from UA, All Might should be here as well. So you scumbags used the press as a cover and sneaked onto campus. Where is he? I went through the trouble of
bringing so many friends who're eager to meet him. They want All Might. The great Symbol of Peace. I can't believe he's not here. Maybe if I kill a few kids, he'll come out to play.” (???)

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

“What? Real villains? No way.How could so many of 'em get into a UA facility this secure?” (Kirishima)

“Yeah, Thirteen. Why aren't the alarms going off?” (Yaoyorozu)

“Good question. I'm not sure.” (Thirteen)

“Is the entire campus under attack? Or is this their only target? Either way, if the alarm sensors aren't being triggered, then one of these villains must have a Quirk that's masking their presence here. They carefully chose this isolated facility as an entry point at a time when a class was being taught. They're fools for trespassing here, but they've thought this out.
Whatever their plan, they must have a concrete objective in mind. But what is it?” (Shoto)

 

“Thirteen, get them outta here. And alert the main campus. Actually, if they've got the
ability to block our sensors, then they might be jamming our regular communications, too.
Kaminari, try using your Quirk to contact the school.” (Aizawa)

“Yes, sir.” (Kaminari)

“What're you gonna do? You can't fight them on your own! There's too many of 'em. Even
if you can nullify their Quirks, your fighting style's not suited for this. Your power works best in
stealth and one‐on‐one fights. That's not gonna help with a group.” (Deku)

“You can't be a pro if you only have one trick.” (Aizawa)

“I'll leave it to you, Thirteen.” (Aizawa)

After that Aizawa jumped down to where the villains were, ready to leapt to battle.

8