Chapter 51. Gravekeepers Vs. Magicians
2.3k 17 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4,000 Blair ---- 4,000 Chief

 

Chief drew his card silently while starting his turn first. He glanced at his cards before taking two from his hand, and placing them on his ancient Duel Disk. “First, I place one monster in face down defense position! Then, I place one card and end my turn.” Blair nodded, psyching herself up for the Duel, however her grin made me think she was more psyched about using a deck we made together. “I Draw!” She yelled, giving the card a quick glance, before slapping it down on her own Duel Disk. “I summon, Magician’s Valkyria in attack mode!”

 

Magician’s Valkyria/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1600 Def:1800 Valkyria

 

The card appeared in front of her. In a burst of light, an almost identical Dark Magician Girl was standing proud, holding onto her different staff. I remembered seeing this card that Dark Magician Girl gave to Blair. It was a good monster for defense, but it also held a decent amount of attack for lower level monsters. “Dude, that looks like Dark Magician Girl!” Jayden cheered beside me, his eyes sparkling from how excited he was about seeing Magician Girl look alike.

 

Blair was too focused to hear him, and moved to her attack. “Now! Magician's Valkyria! Attack his face down!” The Valkyria twirled her staff, causing it to shine brightly, however before she could attack Chief had other ideas. “I activated my trap! Magician’s Circle!!” His card laid down, flipped up as he described what it did. “When you declare an attack with a spellcaster monster, we both can summon a spellcaster type monster from our decks with 2000 or less attack, in attack mode!” 

 

Blair smirked, seeing only positives in that trap. “In that case, I’ll summon my newest friend! Dark Magician Girl!!” She cheered while Dark Magician Girl appeared beside her look alike with a large smile. A scene of pink heart shaped energy surrounded her for a few moments before she was fully summoned. “He actually has a Dark Magician Girl!!?” Jayden yelled with surprise, but also excitement. Waiting to see what else Blair might have. Syrus also shot up, wanting to look at Dark Magician Girl with awe. She glanced back at us giving a smile, causing me to roll my eyes with a scoff. She liked people when they praised her.

 

Dark Magician Girl/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:2000 Def:1700 Dark Magician Girl

 

Chief continued with his own summon. “I assumed that would be the case, so I’ll summon Gravekeeper’s Chief!!” With that, he placed a card down, showcasing a very similar looking man to him. Almost like that card was made in his likeness for him. ‘Maybe like Kiabaman…’

 

Gravekeeper’s Chief/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:1900 Def:1200 Gravekeeper's Chief

 

“Now your attack goes through, flipping over my Gravekeeper’s Guard and activating his effect!!” He yelled while the Valkyria finally finished waiting, and sent an attack to the flipped down monster. Showcasing a brawny man covering his chest defensively as the pink beam froze for his effect.

 

Gravekeeper’s Guard/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1000 Def:1000 Gravekeeper's Gaurd

 

Chief smirked at his plan successfully working. “When Gravekeeper’s Guard is flipped over, I get to choose a monster on your field that gets sent back to your hand.” Blair stammered while she fearfully glanced at Dark Magician Girl. “Indeed! I choose your Dark Magician Girl to be sent back to your hand!” Dark Magician Girl frowned as she turned back into light, appearing in Blair’s hand. “But my Magician’s Valkyria still destroys your Guard!” Blair yelled as the pink beam finally made it to its destination blowing the guard to pieces.

 

“I’ll place two cards face down and end my turn.” Blair spoke a bit disheartened, but not haven given up. I could tell she still believed that she could win. “I Draw!” Chief yelled while smirking at the new card in his hand. “First, I activate the Gravekeeper’s Chief’s ability! Allowing me to summon a Gravekeeper’s monster from my graveyard! So I’ll bring back from the grave, Gravekeeper’s Guard, in attack mode!” The guard was summoned back like he had never left. Joining together with the Gravekeeper’s Chief in defending the tomb. “Then I normal summon, Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier!” Another man with a spear appeared on the left side of the Chief, reminding me of the soldiers that were ready to stab us when we first got here.

 

Gravekeeper’s Guard/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1000 Def:1000

 

Gravekeeper’s Chief/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:1900 Def:1200

 

Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1500 Def:1000 Gravekeeeper's Spear Soldier

 

In one turn, he had three monsters ready on his side of the field, each ready to destroy the one monster on Blair’s field guarding her life points. ‘Please have a good trap this time…’ I tapped my finger against my lip in slight angst while watching. “Now I play the field spell, Necrovalley!!” Chief yelled while the surrounding area turned into a deep trench that encompassed all of us in its earthen tomb. “This spell gives all of my Gravekeeper’s an extra 500 attack and defense points! As well as stop you from moving any of your cards out of the graveyard!!” Blair let out a surprised gasp as the monsters grew stronger.

 

Gravekeeper’s Guard/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1500 Def:1500

 

Gravekeeper’s Chief/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:2400 Def:1700

 

Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:2000 Def:1500

 

“Now, I’ll have my Spear Soldier attack your Magician’s Valkyria!” The Spearman ran towards Blair’s Valkyria, but before his spear connected Blair revealed her trap. “I activate my trap card! Damage Diet! This makes it so I only take half damage from all sources for the rest of the turn!” Just as she finished explaining, the spearman destroyed the Magician’s Valkyria. Still dealing half to Blair’s life points.

 

3,800 Blair ---- 4,000 Chief

 

Seeing he was still doing damage, Chief continued his attack. “I’ll attack you with my Guard and Chief next!!” Both monsters attacked Blair. The Guard hitting her, and the Chief using some sort of energy to attack her. Each dealing damage to her precious life points.

 

1,850 Blair ---- 4,000 Chief

 

Blair reeled back from the attack, but Chief wasn’t finished just yet. “Then I’ll activate my continuous spell, Field Barrier!!” He placed down the spell, and we watched as a protective dome formed above the cliff-face. “This makes you unable to place down your own field spell, and stops you from destroying my field spell while it’s on the field!” Blair groaned and so did I. ‘How much does he need that extra 500 attack?’ However he still wasn’t done. “Then I play the spell, Royal Tribute!! Making both of us discard all monsters in our hands to the graveyard!”

 

That surprised me. ‘If she doesn’t have any monsters in her hand, then she has nothing to keep her life points safe next turn. This is bad…’ Chief placed his last card in the grave, obviously ready to summon it next turn. While Blair frowned at having to discard Dark Magician Girl, as well as one other monster. “I Draw!” She yelled, trying to remain positive. She looked at her hand, her brows furrowed as she thought. She finally nodded and began her move. “First I play the spell card, Spellbook of knowledge to discard my Spellbook of Power in my hand to the grave to draw two cards!” 

 

She took a breath to steady herself before drawing both of the new cards she held all her hope on. She smiled widely as she looked at the two cards. “I’ll use a continuous spell of my own! Magician’s Right Hand!! When I have a spellcaster on the field the first spell you try to activate is negated and destroyed!” Chief shrugged and shook his head. “However, you have no monsters at all.” Blair smiled as she revealed how she would get her monsters. “That’s why I’ll play Card of Sanctity! Forcing us to draw until we each have 6 cards in our hand!”

 

Chief frowned, but replenished his hand as Blair did as well. Blair glanced back at me before focusing back on the Duel. “Now, I summon, Breaker the Magical Warrior!” When she did, a man wearing full armor, and brandishing a sword and shield stood proud while at the ready. His helmet blocked his gaze that seemed to pierce through the metal despite that fact.

 

Breaker the Magical Warrior/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/Atk:1900 Def:1000 (1) Breaker

 

“Now I’ll use Breaker’s special ability! By removing his token, I get to destroy a spell or trap card on the field! Breaker! Destroy his field!” Breaker swung his sword, creating a whirlwind, and encompassing the arena. “My Field Barrier protects me from your ability!” He yelled while glancing at his face up card, but I already knew what Blair’s plan was. “But! Because of my Magician’s Right Hand! I can negate and destroy your first spell card this turn!” Chief gasped in shock as the large dome around them crumbled and shattered. 

 

The whirlwind from Breaker grew stronger, before breaking and cracking the cliffs surrounding the field as well, and with his field gone, so were Chief’s attack and defense points.

 

Gravekeeper’s Guard/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1000 Def:1000

 

Gravekeeper’s Chief/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:1900 Def:1200

 

Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/ Atk:1500 Def:1000

 

However, due to using his special ability, Breaker was also weakened. However, looking at Blair, it didn’t seem to matter. “And with that field spell gone, I can finally use this! Monster Reborn!!” Her card shone brightly as she held it up, I looked away from the light emitting from the card, but when it died down, I saw Dark Magician Girl standing proudly back on the field. “Alright!” “That was a good move.” Jayden and Syrus both explained as I waited for Blair’s next move.

 

Breaker the Magical Warrior/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/Atk:1600 Def:1000 (0)

 

Dark Magician Girl/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:2000 Def:1700

 

Blair looked back at Rakki. She couldn’t help but smile and blush in excitement, watching him stare at her duel. ‘Watch me as I win with the deck we built together!’ She yelled in her mind before looking back to finish the duel. “Now I’ll equip my Dark Magician Girl Magic Formula!! Raising her attack points by 700!” A book appeared before Dark Magician Girl, and flipped open as her points jumped up.

 

Breaker the Magical Warrior/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 4/Atk:1600 Def:1000 (0)

 

Dark Magician Girl/Spellcaster/Effect/Level 5/ Atk:2700 Def:1700

 

Chief bit his lip, but still felt he was in the lead. That is, until Blair yelled out her final card. “Finally I activate the spell card, Dark Burning Attack!! When I have a Dark Magician Girl on my field, I can destroy all face up monsters on your side of the field!!” Just as Chief exclaimed his astonishment, Dark Magician Girl winded up her wand, charging dark energy at the very end, before releasing it all, annihilating everything before her. “And with your field empty, I attack you with Breaker, and Dark Magician Girl!”

 

1,850 Blair ---- 0 Chief

65