Chapter 60. Fallen Paradise (Old Chapter, Re-write Next Page)
1.9k 15 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hi Everyone! Calvin Here! Just want to make a small warning for this chapter. This chapter contains Depression, suicide and suicide attempts. I am in no way condoning nor believe it to be an option. Anyone that has these thoughts, please seek the help that you need. Life can go on. It can get better than where you are now. If you are alone now, doesn't mean you have to be alone forever. Also, my family and I are all doing fine, this is not based on real events, this is completely made up by me with inspiration from how things may be for others in similar situations. Anyway, Please read with caution advised.

Camula glanced at his life points, and laughed at his foolishness. “What good is it to prohibit my summoning by losing the Duel?” She asked mockingly while walking over to him to collect his soul in a doll, a later offering for the Sacred Beasts for her to revive her people. However, when the boy fell over, a card dropped out of his Duel Disk, one that any Duelist worth their salt would immediately recognize. 

 

Mirror Force. She stared at the card, and the weakened boy huffing on the ground. ‘He lost on purpose…?’ It was the only possible answer that made sense. The boy had Mirror Force to destroy all her attacking cards if he allowed her to walk into that trap. She would have. Camula herself knew that. She also knew this boy was a fairly good Duelist, not that she would admit that to anyone. However she understood why Nightshade might lose to this boy. 

 

But what she couldn’t understand was his last move. “Why did you do this?” She asked the boy, laying face first on the ground, his lazy eyes barely able to reach up to her knees. Camula frowned as she squat down for him to see the card in her hand. “Why did you lose?” She asked again, more agitated this time. The boy let out a sigh as his eyes lowered away from her gaze.

 

Camula, pissed off, grabbed the boy’s chin, and forced him to look at her eyes. “I own your soul, now tell me why you lost on purpose!” She tried to charm him into spilling his secrets, but even while owning his soul, she still faltered. ‘Such devout resistance!’ However with enough time, he finally started to speak, his eyes gazing far away into the past as he spoke. "Explain to me why you lost!"

 

“There… Was a husband and wife…” He muttered in a sad, far away tone. Camula was confused from this sudden gibberish, but listened as he was still under her charm. “One day… The man suddenly died… Leaving the Wife alone in their home… And everyday, she would wake up and turn her head to see emptiness where he should be… Everyday, she would walk around the home, seeing his apparition everywhere she went… Until she went to sleep, she would be in agony of the man she lost… However, her sleep would always soon end… Having her turn her head, and repeat the pain again…”

 

The boy suddenly pulled away from her, but she held him still to keep him talking. Drawn in from the story he was suddenly spewing. “She began to hate being awake, and the hardships it brung… Everyday, she despised waking a little more, and a little more… Until she finally decided to never wake up again…” The boy panted as his expression turned worse. “Leaving their only son truly alone…” Tears began to stream down his face, and Camula stared in horror of what he was depicting.

 

“The boy… After finding her hanging… Wondered if he should follow in her footsteps…” Camula gulped as he slowly continued with his story. “However… The boy was too scared to take the leap… He instead left it up to fate… He took his father’s revolver… And placed in a single cartridge…” He paused, wanting to stop, but Camula pushed him more under her hypnotic gaze and ownership. “Everyday… He would spin the cylinder… Stop it randomly… Place it against his temple… And pull the trigger.”

 

He then gained a warped smile, one that tried to grin, but was just a horrid attempt to stop from crying. “But fate was cruel… 36 failed attempts… Even the gods above abandoned me in my time of need… I wanted the pain to stop… I just wanted it to end…” Camula noticed he was speaking in the first person at this point. Proving that he was that boy. “Years after I had given up trying to stop the pain… Understanding I would have to carry some of that pain for the rest of my life… I managed to end up here…”

 

He let out a sigh as his face contorted again into bitterness. “Finally, bit by bit, carving out happiness for myself again… And I threw it away…” Camula saw he wasn’t speaking much more, so she asked him again. “Why did you lose?” A little scared she was enabling his suicide. Camula began to wonder if she should sacrifice this poor soul, she hated humans that vilified her and her people. Burning them at the stake, forcing them out into daylight, beheading them, but this boy gave himself to her. His life tossed aside like many of her friends and family to help her survive this far.

 

The boy gazed deeper into her blood red eyes before answering, his hand placed on her temple as he spoke. “I… Your eyes…” The answer combined with the sudden affectionate touching made Camula gulp as the animalistic beast inside her stirred. “I-” She was about to speak, but a sudden intruder broke her focus from the boy. She snapped her head at the noise, and saw a raggedy girl in a red jacket. She had twigs and leaves in her long black hair from rushing through these woods in the dead of night. However despite her amusing looks, her large eyes were filled with nothing but malice. “Give… my Rakki… back…”

40