Chapter 2 – A bloody new world
4.2k 1 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was nighttime. Ever since she realized that this was an entirely other world, she couldn't help but wonder.

How?

It made no sense. It was scientifically impossible to simply slip into another world and wake up in a body that was not her own. Not only that, but it was entirely an impossibility to change worlds at all. At first, she thought it had been a dream, a strange one, but a quick bite on her tongue negated that possibility immediately, and she had to face it. She was truly in another world, not just a parallel dimension but a place entirely other from all she knew, and it was frightening. 

She looked out of the window next to her and into the stars. Not a single familiar constellation caught her eye. In the hospital she enjoyed studying them every time when sleep didn't want to come. 

What am I supposed to do now. Can I join them or not, the orphanage does not seem to be a good solution...

Lost in her thoughts and worries, she almost missed a small sound of someone sneaking in through her door. Expecting one of her three caretakers she angled her head.  

This is not...

Gasping she flinched and attracted the notice of the stranger who looked directly at her whide open eyes. 

This was not anyone she knew.

His eyes glowed with undisguised blood thirst in the darkness. She wanted to scream for help when a hand harshly covered her mouth and something pressed against her neck. 

"A Child." he muttered. 

She saw something glint in the darkness and felt the sharp edge. No, she could not die again. With all her strength she bit the man, and he cursed, lightening his hold. She quickly screamed before he could cover her mouth again. She closed her eyes awaiting her death but nothing happened. 

"Stupid...!", the male hissed last before she heard a cracking sound and something with a metallic scent and warm hit her. 

She looked up and saw a knife sticking in the man's neck. Letting her glance wander even more upwards she looked into a pair of deep red eyes with two swirling red spots in them. 

Riki?

He drew out the knife and didn't pay much attention in the dim moonlight. A spray of blood shot forward almost directly hitting her and drenching her in it. 

She whimpered, afraid of him, as she saw Riki looking down on her with ice-cold eyes. Trembling she crawled away backwards and cried out saliently as Riki came closer. 

Yui and Hiro appeared from the back both lightly covered in blood the same way Riki was and smelling of the familiar scent of death. 

Their eyes were just as cold and emotionless as Rikis but unlike his they had not changed color.

As soon as they saw the attacker death and her cowering something changed in the atmosphere. 

"I'm sorry, little one." Riki said, and his eyes changed from red back to black, a smile spread on his face. "Honestly, I am sorry you shouldn't have had to see that."
She trembled as Riki stretched out his hand and flinched away as he tried to touch her.

 Sadness in his eyes he shook his head and earned a light hit from Yui into his rips. "Moron.", She said, "don't you see she needs a moment and a bath, your actions covered her completely in blood."

"Oh yeah, sorry for that too, but you don't have to be afraid. We won't harm you." Gene nodded hesitatingly, still feeling sick, but it was not like she had a choice. This was a bit much, the death of a person, and it probably would have been her death if not for Riki. They were Shinobi fighting in the war, they said, death always came with war. If they had wanted to harm her, they could have done so already.

"S-sorry", she muttered, gathering herself, "I just need a second."

I don't know if I can leave, they seem to be on an important mission. Keep calm Gene you will manage somehow and if he hadn't saved you...

Slowly, she crawled forward, not wanting to think what could have happened. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath, in and out, in and out, calm down use your head.
Trying to leave the bed and stand up, she managed to stay on her feet for a few seconds before collapsing.

"Ah, damn." Yui cursed and picked her bloody and dirty body up, "boys we two will be taking a bath, I prepared one for this morning luckily. Peek and meet my Shuriken, this is girl's time."

With that Yui picked up her trembling body and walked away with her dripping the blood of Riki's victim on the floor in a princess carry. 

119