Chapter 4 – Idea to mislead
3.5k 3 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Riki's arms she was carried along almost flying at blazing speed above the snow covered ground.
They had to be improved humans, enabled to possess superior abilities by the clever use of bioengineering. She couldn't explain how they managed to reach their speed or jump as they did otherwise. Holding onto Riki for her dear life, she was truly amazed. The landscape was unlike everything she had ever seen before, and the dim sun cast a truly unique light on it.

"We have to make a stop at some point, we need proper winter clothes for our small lady.", Riki said and wrapped her closer to him inside his coat.

"There is a village a few hours ahead, but they are not far, and we already wasted huge chunks of time saving her." Yui responded and Riki went quiet.

So my saving brought them huge troubles, and now they are escaping. Their Mission must have been  something very important. They are the only people I know I'm in this world and have treated me well. If I do nothing I will be a hindrance, and they don't need a hindrance right now. 

"When only you and the little one alone go, they are searching for a woman and two males, not for a husband and wife with child." Hiro proposed, "it could not only buy us time but also draw them away from our trail, although I have no clue how they found us in the first place."

"No use thinking about it." Yui interrupted him rather harsh, "since we are taking the runt along, we may as well make her work for it. Although as she looks now it will be difficult." She looked at her and the softness from earlier had vanished. This was Yui's work mode, softness gone and all business. In work there was no space for her if she didn't make herself useful, and for now they were the only people she knew and could rely on.

"I want to help, maybe I won't be of much use, but I will pull my weight.", She said.

"Girl, the thing is looking like you do, people would think I was starving you." Yui said, falling back a bit to look at her directly. "That wouldn't be very helpful."

"Baggy clothes and a big hat and I would look like a smallish boy.", She answered, "it is cold no one will wonder why I am wearing thick baggy clothes."

Yui blinked looking at her and Hiro started to laugh in front of them. "Consider yourself beaten Yui she is coming with us.", He said, "Little Lady here is a clever one."

"Maybe a little to clever.", Yui eyes her with suspicion, and she shivered, clutching closer to Riki.

"Yui, you have been at the battlefield and in enemy territory for too long.", Riki said and shook his head, "Suspicion and espionage may go hand in hand but without trust you will end up in death."

"You are right, I am starting to see ghosts." Yui said and let out a deep sigh, "I have been away from home for far too long."

"We all have but unlike you, I have chances of calm and peace there", Hiro retorted, and Yui started to laugh.

"Maybe, but I at least have lot's of someone's waiting for me. Keeps me motivated in getting out of trouble alive."

Gene felt rather comfortable seeing the exchange between the two of them. The Nurses also spoke like that to each other when they were friends.
Some things it seemed were the same regardless of the world.

"Alright, since you are so damn insistend in being with us and the boys are too, I cannot object anymore." Yui said, and Gene smiled happily. For now, there was a place to stay at.

 

"Then let us go, if we can shake of these damn Shinobi of the Mist pursuing us, I'll buy us all a bit of good sake and a glass of finest juice for our little one." Hiro announced and earned a chuckle from the others, including Gene.
Even if the situation was urgent, the atmosphere made it easier.

"Hey I want some real pricey one if you are offering.", Riki announced and had Hiro show him his tongue.

"Man, you never grow out of being little boys." Yui observed them shaking her head. 

113